CHAPTER 11: REINCARNATION (1)
478 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Was that a dream?’, Bai Minglan asked himself as he allowed the water he splashed on his face earlier to drip down the sink. While looking at himself in the mirror, he fell in a daze as he recollected all the events that he had ‘dreamt’ of.

It was a shock for him to actually wake up in a hotel room. He can still remember how he woke up earlier. While still disoriented from waking up, he allowed a low, pained growl to escape from his lips as he tried to open his eyes, only to see darkness. As he slowly got accustomed to the low light seeping through the windows, he realized that he was lying on a bed in an unfamiliar room. He didn’t realize it was a hotel room at first. Full of confusion, he slowly got up from the bed, only to release another pained groan as he felt his head throbbed.

This feeling… It seems that he had a hangover.

Once the throbbing ebbed a bit, he slowly roamed his sight around the room, trying to figure out just exactly where he was. As far as he can remember, he was supposed to be sleeping in the master’s bedroom of the Bai mansion. Moreover, he shouldn’t be this hungover. After all, it has been such a long time since he had last a sip of alcohol. With his body’s condition, he won’t be able to take it if he drinks another drop of alcohol.

As he was still familiarizing himself with the room, his gaze stilled when he saw a black suit slovenly draped on the armrest of the sofa by the wall. The suit was familiar; he was sure that it was his. But just how could there be a suit in his room? A couple of years after retiring, he has long changed his wardrobe. From the business suits he usually wore when he had meetings, he had long opted for more comfortable and easy to wear dress shirts.

His brows knotted at the sight. He wanted to inspect the suit closer so he decided to get off the bed. Only that, he didn’t expect to be in for another surprise. Just imagine expecting yourself to have some difficulties moving around, only to find your legs to be strong enough to carry your whole body weight. He had long forgotten this feeling of strength! When he looked down at his feet, he was shocked to see that they weren’t the wrinkled midfoot and forefoot he was long accustomed to. In fact, they look much healthier and younger than he remembered.

Not able to believe what he saw, it was then that he lifted his hands. Just like his feet, they were healthier and younger too! He tried to feel his face, only to find a few stubbles growing around his jaw. However, he can’t feel the wrinkled skin at all!

“What the-”, he exclaimed to himself.

Bai Minglan wanted to find a mirror so he looked around. He found a door, which seems to lead to the bathroom, and so he rushed to open it. Indeed, he didn’t make a mistake as the lights inside automatically turned on as he opened the door, revealing a luxurious bathroom that you’d only commonly see inside five-star hotels.

Immediately, he went to the sink to look at his face in the mirror. Just how much of a shock it is for him to see a younger version of himself in front of him! His white hair had turned back to jet black. His eyes weren’t clouded. His prominent cheeks are not the same sunken ones due to old age.

“What happened?”, full of confusion, he can’t help but ask himself.

Hurriedly, he turned on the faucet to splash some water. Probably, he’d be sober enough to understand what’s happening if he can cool his head down.

Yet, when he felt the splash of cold water on his face, he can vividly remember that he was already an old man on the verge of death just a couple of hours ago. However, he also knows that right now, he isn’t that same old man but a younger version of himself. The face in the mirror is the exact same face he had when he was 23 years old!

He splashed water onto his face again. He can’t seem to figure out whether those memories were dreams or not. “Was I reincarnated?”

‘That can’t be.’

Just like that, he slowly remembered where he was. At this point in time, it seems that he is currently inside the hotel room he is staying in as he was away on a business trip in Country M. He attended a top-secret conference where all top military personnel, as well as select elites in several industries, gathered. Once the said conference ended, he can still remember that everyone went out for drinks. As the new person to this circle, Bai Minglan was forced to show respect to the seniors and drink a lot, causing him to be too drunk last night and now suffering from a hangover.

“Did I go back to the past?”, Bai Minglan unbelievably asked himself.

‘How can that be?’

Just then, Bai Minglan heard a knock on the door. Almost automatically, his head registered a thought that the person must be his secretary, Gu Baicheng, bringing him some documents, hangover soup, and aspirin.

At that thought, he froze. Why would he know who is on the other side of the door and what exactly he’d be bringing?

He flung the thought at the back of his head… for now. Bai Minglan can’t seem to wrap his head around what is happening right now. So, just for distraction, he went out to see who is knocking so early in the morning.

Bai Minglan peeped through the cat’s eye. Only when he was sure that it was Gu Baicheng did he open the door to let the latter in.

“Good morning, Mr. Bai.”, Gu Baicheng greeted. “I brought the documents you need for today. Since I know you were too drunk last night, I brought you hangover soup and medicine to deal with your headache.”

5