CHAPTER 15: GOING HOME (1)
472 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The distance between Country M and Country A is just three hours. As Gu Baicheng booked for the earliest flight, the two of them were able to return home in the afternoon.

Before Bai Minglan boarded the plane, he had already instructed Gu Baicheng to have someone drive his car into the airport as he will be driving it home. Realizing that the two men will be parting ways at the airport, Gu Baicheng didn't hesitate to have someone drive his as well. After all, they'd be arriving outside of rush hour so it won't be taxing to drive their own car.

As soon as Bai Minglan reached Country A, Gu Baicheng immediately called for the cars to be driven to the entrance. Immediately, two metallic black Audi A4 cars arrived in front of them. The driver on the first car got off and handed Bai Minglan his car keys after greeting in courtesy. They then helped load Minglan's luggage into the car trunk.

"Good work today.", Bai Minglan said not only to Gu Baicheng but to the two people who came over with their cars as well. After that, he turned to his male secretary. "You can take the day off tomorrow."

"Thank you, Mr. Bai.", Gu Baicheng didn't stand on ceremony. "Have a safe trip."

The three men then bowed in courtesy as they watch their boss board the car and leave.

-----

Bai Minglan has already driven quite a distance off when he decided to stop his car and park for a while. Only when the car was in full stop did he then noticed that his hands were sweaty and cold.

Right, he is quite nervous. He is filled with both anticipation and fear. He is excited to meet Song Liuli again but he is afraid of something that he can't quite well put into words. This mix of emotions is making him unable to make a clear decision on what he should do next - on where he should go.

Should he go home first and regroup his thoughts? Or should he go find Song Liuli now? His brows furrowed as he was torn between these two decisions.

After a while, he took a deep breath and a firm decision was made up in his mind. He had already determined what he would do in this life back when he realized he had been reborn. Why is he chickening out now that he's about to personally see Song Liuli?

He started the car's engine and maneuvered it back onto the road. It didn't take him half an hour to reach his destination - Song Liuli's house. Basically, it is just an apartment in an apartment building but since Song Liuli had the entire fifth floor to herself, they had always called it her house.

Parking his car downstairs, Bai Minglan looked up to the fifth floor and saw one of the windows is open. Judging by the location, it seems that Song Liuli is working inside her atelier.

Before Song Liuli opened her own fashion house and became a renowned designer, she made her creations in this exact house. Bai Minglan's memory was jogged at this time. He then remembered that this house eventually became filled with her creations, that she would often come to sleep at his house, which eventually led to them cohabitating. This place then became solely her atelier.

Bai Minglan got off the car and carried his luggage inside. While riding the elevator, Bai Minglan looked for the keys of Song Liuli's apartment inside his backpack. (Yes, people! Our startup CEO has a backpack instead of a briefcase during his youth.)

Song Liuli had given him this key a few weeks ago but he had never used it. In his state of mind back then, he didn't feel the need to use the key. One, he felt it inappropriate to go to a woman's house, though they are already in a relationship, if she isn't around. And if she is around, why use the key when he can just knock and she'll open the door? Two, he had only been to Song Liuli's house once.

He felt relieved when he finally found the keys just in time for the elevator to arrive on the fifth floor. With a ding, the elevator door opened and Bai Minglan can't help but hurriedly take a step forward. His excitement is evident in his footsteps.

Hearing the click of the lock being opened, Bai Minglan took a deep breath and then pushed the door open. This is it!

He was greeted by the sight of the familiar yet unfamiliar interior of Song Liuli's home. Truth be told, he had almost forgotten what this place looked like as he was rarely here in his past life.

Bai Minglan put down his backpack by the entrance and pulled out a pair of men's slippers from the shoe closet. He then scanned his eyes around the room. When his gaze landed on the opened door of the atelier, he swallowed the lump that formed in his throat.

Soon.

He can soon see her.

Timidly yet with anticipation, Bai Minglan took one careful step at a time, going forward to the said room.

As soon as he reached the door, his breath hitched as he saw the silhouette of the woman he badly missed the rest of his past life. She was sitting on a high stool, bowing her head in great concentration as the needle and thread she’s holding danced in and out of the fabric of a half-done dress. As if the light from the window is shining straight at her like limelight, she felt like an unreal apparition in front of him.

The corner of Bai Minglan's eyes felt hot and he can feel it getting misty. His knees felt weak, as all the remnant feelings of loneliness and desperation from his past life all vanished in an instant at the sight of her.

He leaned on the door jamb to support his body that felt like it turned into jelly. He also crossed his arms in front of him so he can hide his shaking.

"Hey.", Bai Minglan called out to her in a solemn voice.

The woman turned around and an obvious look of surprise appeared on her face. Then, Bai Minglan saw that expression change into utter happiness as her face broke into a big smile.

And then, Bai Minglan clearly saw the trace of love in her eyes.

'Ahhh,', Bai Minglan sighed internally with great joy before speaking. "I'm home."

9