Chapter 27: An Unwanted Marriage
4.9k 17 115
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yan Xiaolong turned his head around and saw Han Xiaoling wielding a white halberd to his neck. Smiling, he said, “Oh, I’m fine. How are you doing, Young Lady Han?” 

 

The smile on Han Xiaoling’s face grew wider. However, it was devoid of any joy. “I’m doing fine as well.” 

 

“Young Lady Han, do you mind removing your halberd from my neck?” He pleaded. 

 

She inched the halberd closer to his neck. The metallic blade of the halberd was immensely chilling and the cold air around the blade was visible to the eye. 

 

“Oi, oi, oi! This chick is crazy! She’s too close for me to summon the Hell-Scorching Flame. What do I do now?” 

 

[Step One: talk it out. Step Two: wait for an opportunity to escape. Step Three: profit.] 

 

“This is quite uncomfortable, so about we talk things out? Where is Junior Brother Tai Shan? I saw you with him earlier.” Killing was prohibited, but Yan Xiaolong knew that the written rules were useless if she wanted to kill him now. At the very least, the fact she had not kill him meant that she wanted something from him. 

 

“Him? Senior Brother Tai wanted to go alone for the Necropolis Trial. I have business with you so we both went our separate ways.” Han Xiaoling tilted her head slightly. “Senior Brother Tai is very good at staying alive so I’m not worried.” 

 

“Oh, I see.” He said with smile. “And you want what from me?” 

 

Han Xiaoling used the halberd to raise Yan Xiaolong’s chin. This forced him to look at her in the eyes. Compared to her empty smile, her eyes contained stars of dark emotions. A tinge of jade-green appeared in her pupils, filled with something obsessive and insidious. 

 

“You, boo. I want you. Is it not natural for a young lady to see her fiance?” She spoke kindly, but kept her eyes locked on him like a predator to a prey. 

 

“Huh? Me? Hold on, but I-” Before he could finish speaking, Han Xiaoling grabbed the collar of his robe and pressed her lips against his. “AAAHHHHHH!!! What’s going on!?” 

 

However, she did not kiss him for long before removing her lips and proceeded to squirm around while hugging her halberd. “AAAHHHHHH!!! I actually did it!” 

 

Her cheeks were flushed with redness and her legs moved rapidly back and forth. Unlike her previous passionless smile, her current smile was one of pure joy. The temperature in the surrounding also seemed to warm up with her mood. The situation only confused Yan Xiaolong. 

 

“Something is not adding up. But is Han Xiaoling not with... No. Did I misjudge the situation all along? Is she into me?” 

 

[It seems so.] 

 

“What!? Y-You put me through this! I unexpectedly raised a flag with someone I thought I should’ve ignored, and she’s crazy!”

 

[You liked it.] 

 

“My body says ‘yes,’ but my mind says ‘no!’ I never thought the babe in my harem would be someone so... assertive.” 

 

[A surprise, but a welcomed one, no?] 

 

“...” 

 

Han Xiaoling took out a jade-slip and made a crossing motion, as if she completed a task on a list. She put away the jade-slip and the white halberd before leaning her face inward to meet his eyes. 

 

“Hey, hey! A kiss is what seal the deal, right? We’re an item now, yeah?” Han Xiaoling’s blue eyes twinkled like the sea under the light of rising sun. “Henceforth, you are mine and I am yours.” 

 

“Wait a minute, this...” An icicle shard stabbed Yan Xiaolong’s right ass cheek, “... Is an excellent idea!” 

 

Delighted, Han Xiaoling wrapped her arms around Yan Xiaolong and brought his head to her bosom. They stayed like that for some time and Yan Xiaolong was savoring the fluffy cushions he was feeling, but did not dare forget the many icicle shards around him, especially the one lodged into his rear end. 

 

Although he was still confused, Yan Xiaolong did not feel much indignation. If Han Xiaoling was not part of Tai Shan’s harem then she was not attached with a death flag. Moreover, she was very attractive even if she did not fit Yan Xiaolong’s preference. 

 

“I somehow got married in three minutes. I would’ve thought that my first girl would appear years from now. Isn’t this too fast?” Yan Xiaolong thought. “Is this how a young master finds love? A girl just claims him out of nowhere?” 

 

Clink! 

 

He looked down and saw a finger-thick hoop around his neck. It was white and cold, like snow, but durable and beautiful, like jade.  

 

“I heard that a husband and a wife would exchange rings in a marriage. Although this is no appropriate time for a ceremony, I will give you my rings now.” 

 

“Rings?” 

 

“Yes. One on top to control the mind, one on bottom to control the body.” 

 

“Huh?” 

 

A white jade ring appeared in Han Xiaoling’s hands. To Yan Xiaolong’s confusion, he saw her reach her hands to his pants. Finally, something clicked inside his head, and a wave of horror flooded his soul. 

 

“AAAYYYYYYEEEEEEEEE!!!” 

 

......

 

"Well lucky me. It seems like I'm the first one." A young lady with black hair and eyes appeared near the entrance to the third district. She wore a set of black robes that had a purple moon symbol on it with a purple skirt that showed her long legs. On her back was a giant axe that was as long as twice her height. Despite her graceful beauty, she appeared to also be the bossy and domineering type of girl. 

 

She was Su Meimeng from the Violet Moon Sect! 

 

The entrance to the third district was a small magical circle that acted as portal. It required massive amounts of spiritual qi to be activated and could only be activated every ten days. This was the first day, so it could be used as long as someone charge enough spiritual qi into it. 

 

The young lady placed down a hundred spirit stones and waited for it to melt into raw power and activate portal. At the same time, she placed down dozens of talismans. Knowing the competition, there was definitely going to be more people arriving after her. 

 

Everyone wanted to go higher districts and earn a better legacy. Of course, only the late-stage and above Foundation Establishment disciples could actually enter the the third district that was meant for Golden Core disciples. They were the only people strong enough to actually enter. Of course, if any disciple encountered any minor good fortune and made sufficient breakthroughs, they would also qualify. 

 

While Su Meimeng was preparing for any oncoming attack, two beams of light was approaching her from a distance. One was fiery red, and the other was icy blue. 

 

Seeing these beams of light, she grabbed her giant axe and was preparing to swing it until she heard something that shook her ears like a clap of thunder. 

 

“AAAHHHHHH!!! HELP ME, PLEASE! I’M NOT READY FOR MARRIAGE!” 

 

115