Chapter 28: Her Secret Weapon
4.5k 15 106
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“That’s Yan Xiaolong. And the one chasing him is...”  Su Meimeng squinted her eyes before a dark expression covered her face, “Han! Xiao! Ling!” 

 

She disabled all the defensive talisman while retrieving the leftover spirit stones. The portal began to lose spiritual qi and was slowly destabilizing, but she did not care. Su Meimeng kicked off from the ground and became a purple beam of light that charged toward the other beams of light. 

 

After Yan Xiaolong knew what Han Xiaoling was trying to do, he immediately combusted into a tornado of Hell-Scorching Flame and then escaped. He was so frighten that he immediately summoned the Sword of Wrath and rode it despite the instability of his movement. As far as he concerned, the further he was, the better. 

 

As for Han Xiaoling, she immediately chased after him. Her frigid-type spiritual qi was the perfect counter to the Hell-Scorching Flame and berserk-type spiritual qi so she only sustained minor injuries. She rode on her white halberd and chased him, angered that she let her guard down which gave him an opportunity. Icicle shards would appear around her and they would fly off into the distance to stab at Yan Xiaolong. Unfortunately, they would melt the moment they even reach a meter close to the latter. 

 

However, every icicle shard attack surrounded Yan Xiaolong in an aura of frigid-type spiritual qi, reducing the heat of the Hell-Scorching Flame. The chase reached to a point of uncertainty that Yan Xiaolong had no choice, but to slap a low-grade Heaven-tier defensive talisman on himself. That was when he saw a young lady in black in the distance and called out to her for help. 

 

Help she did, swinging the giant axe and unleashing a violet crescent moon-shaped attack. “Die, Han Xiaoling!” 

 

Han Xiaoling only glared at her and immediately delivered a palm attack. Snow and ice gathered around her to form a giant, snowy hand that blocked crescent moon-shaped attack. When the attacks collided, a mighty shock wave pushed both women backward. 

 

While Han Xiaoling managed to stabilize herself in the air, Su Meimeng flew backward and landed with both feet on the ground. Not even bothering with Yan Xiaolong, the latter immediately charged toward the former with murderous intent. As for Han Xiaoling, she groaned in annoyance before attacking right back. It was not difficult to tell that these two were archenemies. 

 

“Well, well, well. I never would’ve expected you to reach the late-stage of Foundation Establishment already, Han Xiaoling.” Su Meimeng said while rapidly punching at Han Xiaoling. “Yet, no matter how talented you are, not even your fiance want anything to do with a creepy, ugly, stalker bitch like you. Ah wait, it was ex-fiance, huh?” 

 

“Out of my way, Su the Slut! I let you go intact last time, but if you interfere with my business again, I’ll use my secret weapon and make you leave behind a boob!” Han Xiaolong also matched the punches with her own. She was like a blizzard, full of earth-flooding, heaven-freezing power. 

 

"This is my business. Yan Xiaolong messed with my precious junior sisters a few years ago. Besides, you and that Tai Shan got lucky, or else, how could you defeat me? So how about you just screw off?" The phantom of a violet moon appeared behind Su Meimeng. As she launched a punch, the violet moon seemed to have fused with her fist and slammed into Han Xiaoling, sending her crashing into a building.

 

Without wasting time, Su Meimeng launched the same dao technique from a distance. Han Xiaoling emerged from the rubble and took out a defensive talisman to negate the incoming violet moon attack. Although her spiritual qi was of higher quality, Han Xiaoling could not compete against Su Meimeng who had a much greater volume of spiritual qi. Moreover, her opponent cultivated the Violet Moon Divine Mantra, the signature Void-tier cultivation art of the Violet Moon Sect. 

 

The Violet Moon Divine Mantra was only slightly below in power to the Winter Empress' Secret Art so it was clear who had the advantage here when Su Meimeng was a minor stage higher than Han Xiaoling. 

 

"Lay a finger on him and I'll chop a finger off!" 

 

"Oh, so scary! So Miss Ugly Duckling finally grew a backbone!" 

 

"At least I respect myself! Unlike a certain someone who slept her way to peak-stage Foundation Establishment!" 

 

"At least no man ever rejected me the same way your man did!" 

 

“With your loose holes, can you even find a man who would want to marry you!?” 

 

“Slanderous bitch! Take that back!” 

 

Off to the side, Yan Xiaolong was unsure on who to help. The two women were revealing one secret after another in their heated match. At the same time, he was itching to leave. The commotion caused by the battle would attract the top geniuses who were definitely planning to interfere for their own advantage. 

 

"Oi, Guidebook, help me decide."

 

[Helping Han Xiaoling is only natural because she is a part of your sect, even if she is the 'enemy.' Moreover, she has deep affection for you so she will rarely ever do harm to you. On the other hand, Su Meimeng is a stranger, but the enemy of your enemy is your friend. Aiding Su Meimeng would guarantee defeating Han Xiaoling without you directly attacking her, but is extremely unwise. Helping Han Xiaoling would also be unwise.] 

 

"Unwise? How so?" 

 

[Look at that psycho and ask yourself that question again. Whatever option you choose is the losing option.] 

 

"..." 

 

Yan Xiaolong placed down spirit stones to charge the portal. Since helping neither side was going to do him any good, he was going to only help himself. After all, he had a mission. Moreover, the less competition there were for him, the smoother his journey. 

 

“Help!” Someone cried. “Oh, someone please help! I need a hero in shining robes to save me!” 

 

He looked up and saw that it Han Xiaoling calling for help. Yet, there was something in her voice that was strange. Despite her dramatic tone, her expression was solemn and calm. There was even a cold, vicious light in her eyes. However, Su Meimeng’s expression changed drastically! 

 

Without any warning whatsoever, the ancient city shook as a powerful cultivation base swept across the battlefield. The phantom image of a mountain, half yellow and half black, appeared in the distance. On the yellow half, it was possible to see many sculptures and paintings of humans from various civilization. On the black half, it was possible to see the statues and drawings of ancient beasts and mythological creatures. 

 

This mountain was like the embodiment of history itself, timeless and eternal, forever recording the all events and life forms. Now, this mountain was quickly rising above them... and then crashed down! 

 

“Mount Xuanhuang’s Descent!” 

 

Seeing this mountain, Su Meimeng screamed before being crushed by the phantom. However, she was not crushed to the ground, but rather, stationary in mid-air. Her eyes, her fingers, her hair, her body, her cultivation base, and even her soul seemed to have been trapped under this mountain. It was as if she trapped in time itself! 

 

A figure jumped off from the peak of the mountain and landed before Han Xiaoling. His robes were clean and white, making it shine brightly from the colors of the mountain. His face was simple, but mysteriously charming. As he stood gallantly before Han Xiaoling, it was like a hero from legends arriving to rescues a damsel in distress. 

 

It was Tai Shan! 

 

“Junior Sister Han, I hope I’m not late,” Tai Shan said while his hair danced in the air without wind. 

 

“Senior Brother Tai, I’m glad that you got here in time,” Han Xiaoling said while her eyes were tearing up. “These two were bullying me. Especially that Yan Xiaolong. Despite being my fiance, he’s still so cruel to me. Senior Brother Tai, you have to avenge me! Please bring him back to me so I can... talk it out with him.” 

 

“Hold up,” Yan Xiaolong interjected. “You’re the one who-”

 

Before he could even finish, Yan Xiaolong had to dodge a palm attack from Tai Shan. Although he was minor stage lower than Yan Xiaolong, the black-yellow aura from his body was far more tyrannical and transcendent. Whatever cultivation art Tai Shan practiced, it was most certainly stronger than the Immovable King’s Scripture. In fact, there was something about Tai Shan’s spiritual qi that seemed to suppress everything and anything around it. 

 

While Yan Xiaolong was trying to protect himself, he threw a sidelong glance at Han Xiaoling and saw the crafty smirk on her face. 

 

“This chick... is this her secret weapon!?” 

 

106