Chapter 03 – the Closed Forest Biome
154 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After they finish with their evolutions, they started checking themself out and later start to play around, I can see their happiness in their eyes and they are growling and play biting eachother, Blanc have the size advantage but Blake have the mobility. Though it is a game they might be testing out their new forms, so I just stayed on the soft patch of wet grass, which feels divine on my belly while sun bathing by the way.

A while later, when the sun was high, maybe close to mid day they stopped playing around and were both looking my way, I motioned them to look deeper in to the woods and they both started moving behind me, a mix of anxiety and excitement was vissible in their eyes.

I scan my surroundings for possible prey for breakfast and a weird furrie creature appear before us, it had green fur and it was holding a thick branch on his left hand over his shoulder.

Green Baboon Defender ♂️ Lv (02/15) - Rank E 

It was a bit smaller than us and it had an armor over most of his upper body made of extra thick leather. Behind him over on top of a branch on the trees there was a simmilar one but with yellow fur...

Yellow Baboon Archer ♀️ Lv (06/15) - Rank E 

She was a bit slimmer and smaller than the green one and it had a similar armor but with a wooden bow on her hands, she is also drawing it with a bone tipped arrow on it, aiming at Blake who just saw the defender.

Without waiting for the archer to shoot my sister down, risking a possible injury I charged my White Breath while both Blanc and Blake moved in on the defender, not even noticing the archer above the green defender.

A second later my breath and the arrow release at the same time, luckily my breath attack is a lasser that moved close to light speed and the arrow along with the archer were delt with, the archer fell off the tree with a large hole on her chest. 

I let my sister take care of the defender who was grabbing Blake's face with his right hand while he swong his big branch toward Blanc who caught it with her fangs and broke it in two. Blake use her tail like some sort of spear and pierced his right shoulder freeing herself from his clutches and jumping back.

Blanc took this oportunity to slash at the defender with her right wing and managed to grabbed his left arm with her claws and bit at his right shoulder barely missing his neck. Blake pounced at his back and manage to bit at his neck, snaping it. 

After making sure they were dead we started with our breakfast, still not as good as the beast that mom brought the first time bit it taste so much better that the Mosshide Boars who were lower ranks... Better ranks better taste maybe, need more tasting, I mean testing.

I gained one level and both Blanc and Blake gained two.

Lesser Runed White Dragon ♀️ Lv (06/15) - Rank E has leveled once
Blanc ♀️ Lv (03/15) - Rank E has leveled twice
Blake ♀️ Lv (03/15) - Rank E has leveled twice

The Baboons are tasty and give good experience too. Both of my sister are eating happily too, guess they like the new meat. I can see the admiration in their eyes guess they liked the shinning beam of light I made. I feel like every time I eat or level my mana levels also replenish themselves, need to test that out I gained my level right after I killed the yellow baboon so killing some monsters might be good if I wanna keep using my White breath skill. 

After we ate we walk some more until it started to get a bit dark, there weren't any baboons out here... we desided to continue during the morning, we weren't sleepy yet so we just rest my runes glowed and Illuminated the area around us so we could see in the dark. Though Blake was following something with her head that I couldn't see. Maybe she see somewhat in the dark, also I am looking after whatever she was looking while we keep watch.

After a while both Blanc and Blake fell asleep and I stood watch, for some reason I don't feel sleepy at all. I feel great, maybe my runes are helping me right now, need to know more about them but I can only growl and make some clicking sounds, not befitting of the future Ruler of Dragons.

During the morning we continue moving forward and we enconter another green baboon and two red baboons. They have red fur and the same leather armor but now they held wooden short spears with a bone blade at the tip, they were screaming meanicingly... I didn't saw the yellow ones luckily.

Crimson Baboon Warrior ♂️ Lv (06/15) - Rank E
Green Baboon Defender ♀️ Lv (05/15) - Rank E
Crimson Baboon Warrior ♀️ Lv (03/15) - Rank E

I started the Battle with a trusty shot of White Breath to the strongest one in the enemy crew, the first red baboon. But like if it can read the future the green baboon jumpped in front of the first red baboon and most of the power was absorbed by her body, she still died with a big hole in the middle of her chest, if she is still alive, she will die of blood loss need to keep an eye on her.

My sisters dashed toward the second red baboon and I went for the first one. My ability is on cooldown and I can shoot to more later until I eat or level up, maybe. This is for testing purposes, the first red baboon started glowing red and it stabbed forth with his spear, I managed to barely dodge that and I took the momentun to spin around and slam my tail toward his face. He guarded with his spear which went in splinters and he was pushed back. Luckily I'm heavier than him so... it's not that I'm fat ok, I mean bei.... I need to focus.

I looked toward the girls and I saw how Blake's tail was glowing bright orange, like a piece of metal left in the forge, the tip of her tail which looked like a spear before, looked more refined and it is glowing with heat. She manage to pierce at the red baboon they were fighting, but the baboon put his arm forth intending to grabbed it, only for the tail to pierce trough the hand al the way towards the elbow. Her whole arm was set ablaze and she was screaming but it was cut in half with a glowing sword like wing, quickly stoping her call for help, maybe.

I charge my White Breath again and shooted toward my enemy and the red baboon crossed his arm to block the beam of light, he almost succeeded since it didn't pierce through his body but his arms are bassically chared and his chest and neck were bleeding. After a second or so he fell to the ground and the level up box appeared in front of my face.

Lesser Runed White Dragon ♀️ Lv (08/15) - Rank E has leveled twice
Blanc ♀️ Lv (06/15) - Rank E has leveled twice - Blanc has learned Plasma Slash - Cover the edge of the user's wing in high voltages, deals moderate slashing damage and minor Lightning elemental damage to the target - Blanc has leveled once
Blake ♀️ Lv (06/15) - Rank E has leveled twice Blake has learned Flare Thrust - Cover the tip of the user's tail in high preasurized heat, dealing moderate piercing damage and minor fire elemental damage to the target - Blake has leveled once

After celebratory feast we rested a bit and continue moving forth, to the depth of the forest. At around mid day we found four more baboons but were made quick work by the combined strength of us three and we all leveled twice I manage to unlock a new skill too.

White Veil - protects the user of damage using the power of the white runes, consumes mana to make a veil of light that reduces the damage of the next attack.

I used the skill just to see how it works and my runes started glowing, after a bit they dinmmed down but I can still feel the veil over my scales. The cooldown and the consumption isn't as high as my White Breath. Overall really nice skill. We got up ready to continue and both of my sister are looking at me with wide eyes... I just grinned and moved forth, wish I can fly, what type of Ruler will be grounded to the earth...

The user has entered the Closed Forest Biome

Wait a minute the what? If it is closed how did I entered... what is a Biome and why did the system decided to tell me I entered one? I try to return but a clear wall prevents me from leaving... and my sisters run after me when I couldn't leave and smash into me and we rolled a bit back... but before I could stand and look at my sisters the bit of ground we were laying on, broke off and we fell rolling down hill.

After we reached the bottom of the hill I saw a small cave near the base of it and I walk there with my sisters a bit dizzy from the fall but they are walking fine so I guess they didn't break a bone. I had my White Veil activated which broke and absorb most of the damage. Guess my sisters have better physical defences than me.

It was getting late and I decided it was better to rest and move out in the morning, we checked the small caveand found a big empty area inside for some reason the air inside this cave feels refreshing and my fatigue and dizziness are gone. 

After our exploration we found a small pound and we camped there, the water was nice and cold and I found it refreshing. We drank some and my sisters started playing againg and later fell asleep. I bassically stood guard looking at the only entrance while focusing for any possible weakspot were an enemy would attack us.

We made a lot of noise when we fell so there should be some sort of scouts nearby... Only five more level and I can evolve, wonder how will it affect my growth towards my goal. I will be king it is only a matter of time the system gave me a chance, and I will succeed regardless of what others try.

When my sisters woke up we drank some more water and move out of the cave, I activated my White Veil just in case we run into some more baboons. This cave will be quite useful for resting... better remember this location.

After some time we finally found five more baboons, one green, one yellow and three reds, but we quickly killed them and feasted on their delicious flesh, we are getting less levels from them...

Lesser Runed White Dragon ♀️ Lv (12/15) - Rank E has leveled once
Blanc ♀️ Lv (10/15) - Rank E has leveled twice - Blanc has learned Wave Motion - the user charges up energy based on movement and momentum, when released the energy acumulated covers the user in Lightning elemental particles thar increases physical power and empowers Elemental damage of attacks of the same element
Blake ♀️ Lv (10/15) - Rank E has leveled twice - Blanc has learned Blazing Rush - the user charges up thermal energy behind the user's wings, when released the energy acumulated covers the user's wings increasing movement speed and empowers Elemental damage of attacks of the same element

They are growing quite nicely, they got a support skill like me wonder if they use mana like me or if that is like me exclusive thing. The more mana I have the brighter my runes shine. Can't wait to become Queen.

11