38. The Road To A’srius [Part 1]
484 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

IMEhNdo.png

[At Justine's Villa: Mio 12, 3728]

As Justine and I walked around her large villa, a golden white dragon flew above us.

"What the hell was that?" I said.

"Oh. It's just another mystical beast. I wouldn't worry about it," Justine said dismissively.

"So you're telling me I'm supposed to act like a huge, three-headed dragon isn't flying around your villa?" I said.

"Don't worry, Owen! This may be our first real date, but I'll be sure to protect you if need be. I'm a Goddess after all!" Justine said proudly.

"Hilarious," I said.

"Joke all you want, but I have access to my full range of powers in Quelyn. Sacred Treasure Omega thrives in this environment," Justine said.

"I still don't understand though. Why would you choose a place like this to have our first date?" I said.

"Disregarding the fact that time moves slower here, I find this to be a rather peaceful place for the most part," Justine said.

"For the most part?" I asked.

"Unfortunately, even Gods aren't immune to drama. But this is supposed to be a date, so I'll leave it at that!" Justine said.

As I shrugged it off, I continued walking with Justine to the courtyard, as I reflected on the past few days...

----------------------------

Owen's Journal (Day Summarization)

[Mio 9, 3728]

After getting a fulfilling sleep (and learning that slimes like Hot Springs), we headed to the shop to prepare for our new occupation as Traveling Merchants.

During this time, we were able to not only properly introduce ourselves to the Slime Maid, but also craft some Mana and Health potions. It turns out that having a Goddess cleanse Windroot is a blessing, pun intended.

Also, thanks to Jade's research, I learned how to craft items with organic matter! Though, it took several failed attempts to reach this point. Nonetheless, I eventually learned how to use organic items to craft things that I couldn't make with creation. However, like with any crafting system, I'll need to source a certain amount of items to have a successful formation.

After running through our entire supply of Othirin and Windroot, we went to get a couple more before deciding that we would collect as many as we could while traveling.

[Mio 10, 3728]

On my way to the guild, I overheard some of the citizens saying that they saw an orc in the Fayhelm Great Forest.

As far as I know, Captain Padlock and Head Captain Viper are looking into it.

Nonetheless, Justine dragged me back to the guild to train some more. Sophia, Jade, Ronan, and Lia decided to take the day off.

However, it wasn't all bad though.

I learned that Justine likes the color gold.

Turns out that's my favorite color too.

[Mio 11, 3728]

It turns out that Orcs are attacking Fayhelm's incoming caravans, which include the ones that belong to the members of the Quatinum Four.

Sophia said that they're probably taking advantage of the decimated villages across Fayhelm to place minor settlements.

Either way, the Quatinum Four are displeased with their presence. Even someone like Merchant Kirnon isn't happy when his 'questionable' caravans are being robbed by orcs.

It also seems like the orcs brought some monsters with them.

How do I know all this?

Turns out you hear a lot of gossip when you're a Merchant.

And...when you're giving away free stuff to adventurers who lost their money in Alter Q's casino.

Anyway, I spent most of the day running the shop and making small sales to low-level adventurers.

It Turns out that crafting the mana and health potions with creation leads to a better overall taste and consistency compared to the traditional methods of Alchemy.

I shall try to explore this further.

----------------------------

[Now]

As we arrived at the middle of the courtyard, we found ourselves on a bench inside the courtyard of her large Roman Villa. The same bench that I sat in when I slapped her tits out of spite.

Good times.

But directly in front of us was her marble statue perched upon the top of a golden fountain. Weirdly, as I looked towards the sky, I noticed that the position of the other floating Roman villas had moved.

"This place is weird," I said.

"It's only weird to you since you're not accustomed to it yet," Justine said.

"Isn't that obvious?" I said.

Justine punched me in the arm.

"I have to say Owen. You kinda suck at dating," Justine teased.

"Bold to assume you're any better than me," I joked.

"Touché," Justine smiled.

As a male and female angel walked by, Justine and I waved at them. They did a quick bow before walking to their destination.

"So, Goddess. Are you ready to be a Traveling Merchant?" I said.

"We shall see, Merchant Owen. Speaking of, I have decided to release you from our prior agreement. You don't have to be a hero 40% of the time anymore. Consider yourself blessed," Justine said.

"Oh? What's with the change of heart?" I said.

"Do you remember the name of the Elven city we're going to next? The one to the east of Fayhelm?" Justine said.

"A'srius? What about it?" I said.

"I'm going to be frank Owen. The path to A'srius is an adventure in of itself. I just hope we don't run into the Gorgons or one of the forest titans," Justine said.

"I beg your pardon?" I said.

11