37. Mayor Ross Goes Fishing
462 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

IMEhNdo.png

[Pheoria's Captial City: Mio 11, 3728]

"Don't you think we should head back, Mayor Ross?" Faith said.

"Why's that?" Ross asked.

"Isn't Guildmaster Jasmine going to complain and lecture you?" Faith said.

"She's my wife, so she does that every night," Ross joked.

"Ross. Be honest with me here. You're slacking off, aren't you?" Faith said annoyed.

"I wouldn't call it slacking off. I would call it...a mental recharge," Ross said.

Faith shook her head as she smiled. They quietly sat on the fishing boat as they reflected on their meeting with Brice.

It's been 4 days since Ross and Faith spoke with Knight Commander Brice. Because of their loyalty to Emperor Coltan, they told the emperor and his commander about Owen. They were happy that the Legendary Hero was within their borders, but they were also confused as to why he became a Merchant Hero.

Nonetheless, they determined that the best approach to defeating Lord Ogis was to leave the hero in Mayor Ross' care and find the remaining Wardens Of Sin. Since the Warden Of Wrath was still in prison, he was the only member whose location was already known. After the deaths of Envy, Lust, and the previous Emperor, the Wardens Of Sin decided to abruptly retire and go their separate ways. Naturally, this made them become an infamous bunch among many of Adrios' citizens. But these flawed, S rank Wardens were preordained to support the Sorcerer Of Light in fighting back the darkness. And since the legendary hero has arrived, it was finally time to locate them.

But when it comes to the Wardens Of Sin, things aren't as straightforward as they seem...

"I know that we don't have to help them, but do you think they can find the remaining Wardens Of Sin?" Faith said.

"I'm not sure. I know Lust and Envy died when Lord Ogis killed the previous Emperor in 3718," Ross said.

"I remember the day vividly. Such a tragic turn of events," Faith said.

"If every other Warden is still alive, then that leaves Pride, Wrath, Sloth, Greed, and Gluttony as the remaining Wardens Of Sin," Ross said.

"But since they know the location of Wrath, they have to find the other 4," Faith said.

"Precisely," Ross said.

"So why the hell are we fishing?" Faith said.

"It called taking a break. I mean, look at what we did. We talked with Brice on Tusdas, relaxed on Wedas and Thursdas, trained on Fridas, and now we're fishing on Saturdas. I think that's a great schedule!" Ross said.

Faith sighed as she reeled in her line.

"Fishing is nice, but I haven't caught a single fish today," Faith said.

"It's because you don't have beginner's luck anymore. But it's not about catching fish. Many men go fishing all of their lives without understanding that it's not the fish they're after. You should keep that in mind," Ross said.

"You say that, but you've already caught 14 fish," Faith said.

Mayor Ross let out a sigh as he got up and reeled in his line.

"Fine. I'll teleport us back to Fayhelm. I just need to turn in this fishing boat," Ross said.

"Sounds good!" Faith said happily.

As Faith helped Mayor Ross position the sail, she asked him another question.

"Do you think Ryan is going to be Ok?" Faith asked.

"He'll be fine. He might be a sucker for pretty women, but he's still one of Fayhelm's Wardens. He's completing missions for the Security Committee with Warden Vera, so I wouldn't worry about it. He's my son, after all! Hahaha!" Ross said proudly.

Faith shook her head at Mayor Ross before casting Wind Magic.

The fishing boat began moving ahead full sail as Ross placed his hand on Faith's shoulder.

"I'm proud of you, Faith. You've become an exceptional hero and a good person. I will continue to watch your career with great interest," Ross smiled.

9