39. The Road To A’srius [Part 2]
374 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

IMEhNdo.png

[Guild Receptionist Detia’s Office, Mid-Afternoon: Mio 12, 3728]

"...and that’s why we’re thinking of going to A’srius," I said.

As Detia punctured another piece of Griffin steak, she pointed her fork towards me.

"You’re something else, you know that? You're weird, but you're also the good kind of weird," Detia said.

She laid back in her chair as she placed the fork in her mouth.

"So, where’s the rest of your party?" Detia asked.

"Jade and Ronan are working on some R&D for me at the shop. Justine, Sophia, and Lia should be hanging out in our room at Exalted Maple," I said.

"Oh? You managed to get a room at Exalted Maple? I’m impressed. I heard that some of the rooms have their own personal hot spring," Detia said.

"You’ve never been inside one?" I said. 

"I’m a Guild Receptionist, Owen. What do you think?" Detia said. 

"Fair enough," I said. 

Detia straightened her posture as she rested her hands on her desk.

"So, what brings Merchant Owen to my office during a lunch break?" Detia said.

"It's simple, really. I may be a Traveling Merchant, but I’m a man who recognizes an opportunity. If I can make some coin while I’m on the road to A’srius, I wouldn’t mind," I said.

Detia let out a large smile as she reached into her desk.

"Well. I guess today’s your lucky day then. We’ve had an influx of quests due to the orcs moving into our area. From all 5 departments, actually. Though, you’re not apart of a clan, so you’re not allowed to do any clan committee quests," Detia said.

"What about the other 4?" I said.

"Well, the Combat Association’s (TCA’s) quests are straightforward. They handle all quests pertaining to combat. Usually handles the monster elimination, Demon Slaying, and others like it. They want these orcs gone ASAP and they’re willing to pay for it. So much so that they’re even trying to persuade the heroes who frequent the Guild's underground Dungeon, as well as the arena," Detia said. 

"So what do you recommend I do?" I said.

"Accept an Orc Captain elimination quest. If you were to do a regular Orc elimination quest, you would need to collect each of their severed right hands for proof of completion. But if you accept a quest to eliminate a few captains, you would only need to collect the captain’s blood," Detia said.

"Why would I need to collect the hands and blood?" I said.

"Magic Weapon components," Detia said.

"Really?" I said.

"Why else would TCA ask you to chop off an Orc’s hand?" Detia said.

"What about the quests from The Mages Association?" I said.

Detia took another bite of her steak as she pulled out a different folder. 

"Well, The Mages Association (TMA) handles all quests pertaining to magic, which happens to include summoning, Alchemy, Potion brewing, etc. They’ve put in a request for more fairy dust, among other things. You could pick some up while you’re in Eliyen’s territory. I’ll give you a list of a few other magic components that TMA would like for you to find," Detia said.

"Alright. Sounds good so far. What about the last two departments?" I said.

As Detia reached into her desk once more, she slowly pulled out 2 large folders. They were larger than the last two.

"Compared to the TMA and the TCA, The Security Committee and The Trade Association have a ton of demand. I'm guessing the TTA won't be an issue for you, so I'll recommend something from the TSC. There's a mission regarding the retrieval of Griffin Eggs for Knight Commander Brice. It's for their aerial units. Since you're going to be in Eliyen territory anyway, you should see if a nearby hunter will guide you towards a Griffin nest. The job may be difficult, but it's guaranteed to pay out in Adamantite coins," Detia said.

"Hm. Interesting. And what about the TTA?" I said.

"That, my friend, is up to you. They handle quests like resource collection, Mining, Delivery, etc. Hell, they even offer Caravan bodyguard quests from time to time. They're the only group in charge of the Guild's Resource Management and Treasury, so there's always a ton of quests that need to be done. The arrival of the Orcs in the region has only increased that number," Detia said.

"What do you recommend?" I said.

"Well, since you're calling yourself a Traveling Merchant, it may be wise to take on a variety of delivery quests. It could help you get familiar with what the people of Adrios want. A chance to see the Supply and Demand, you know? Just don't take on too many quests. The Clients won't be happy if the goods are damaged because you let a stray spell hit the caravan," Detia joked.

"Alright! That sounds good! Thank you, Detia!" I said happily.

As I eagerly looked through the TTA's quests, Detia made a joke.

"You know, you're a rather strange guy. To be so...utterly obsessed with being a Merchant. And yet, just like Mayor Ross, I can't help but wonder what you're going to do next," Detia said smiling.

13