34. The Grand Opening [Part 3]: Lia, The Slime Maid
515 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

IMEhNdo.png

Sorry for the wait! I'm trying to make the chapters longer from here on!

Stay Up To Date With The Discord!

As the three of us stood next to each other, we watched the slimes hop towards us. The slimes were most likely drawn to the smell of Othirin, which Sophia collected earlier. Othirin is an organic, mana-rich plant that's used in mana potions. However, it's also what slimes like to eat.

Justine took off her blindfold and placed it into her void storage. I could tell that she was getting serious as she took out her sacred treasure, Omega.

"How do you want to approach this, Justine?" I said.

"We'll assume a support role while you engage the slimes directly. I'll cast some support magic while Sophia will cast her Ice magic," Justine said.

"Agreed. The last thing we need is to have some Ecchi slime melt our clothes. Let alone my favorite bra. Good thing I'm an Ice Mage," Sophia said.

"What rank are the slimes?" I said.

"It looks like they're A rank slimes. However, for a Demi-God like yourself, it shouldn't be an issue. You'll need to treat this as training," Justine said.

"Hmm. If that's the case, I guess it's time to try out the H.O.P.E. Rifle," I said.

As I threw my Desert Eagle into void storage, I pulled out the beautiful H.O.P.E Rifle. It was a Magi-Tech, Anti-Tank Rifle that looked like a futuristic Marksman Rifle. It took design cues from the 'Z-250 light rifle' in Halo, but Jade changed the design to work as a Magi-Tech weapon. Ronan had handed me the blueprint after Justine talked about the High Council Of Quelyn. Naturally, I built it as quickly as I could.

Light Magic, unlike regular ammo, is highly renewable. From my time using the Desert Eagle, I learned that using Magic leads to less recoil than ammunition. With this logic, our inspiration for magi-tech would have to come from science fiction, as opposed to the modern military. The only real downside about Magi-Tech is the amount of mana it consumes. Therefore, I'll need to use my Magi-Tech weapons wisely.

-----------------------

Weapon Profile: Mark I H.O.P.E. Rifle [B+]

The Hand Operated Photon Emitter, also known as the HOPE Rifle, is Owen's Magi-tech, Anti-tank Rifle. This weapon can fire highly concentrated beams of Light Magic or other types of magic. However, since the weapon needs to be activated by a Light Magic user, Owen is the only person who can use it. Jade deemed this to be the best security measure for all my weapons going forward.

This security measure makes the Overpowering HOPE Rifle useless in the wrong hands. This is important since it can penetrate multiple targets, which include tank-like enemies.

Since the HOPE Rifle uses magic instead of ammunition, I can fire it as if it were a Marksman Rifle. However, it'll need to charge for 3 seconds after each shot.

Sadly, as with every powerful weapon, there are a few disadvantages.

Each shot of the HOPE Rifle depletes 0.5% of my mana. It may not sound like much, but Demi-Gods have 2.5x the mana count of mortals. With that being said, each shot of the HOPE Rifle is powerful, but expensive.

There's also the issue of the weapon giving away my position. Given the amount of power the weapon generates, it makes a noticeable sound when fired.

Finally, the Rifle is not ideal for engaging quick, erratically moving targets. This is mostly due to the charging time since I have to keep an accurate lock on my opponent. This can be alleviated if I can predict enemy movements.

This is the [B+] Variant of the HOPE Rifle.

-----------------------

As I aimed at one of the Poison slimes, Justine asked me a question.

"What the hell is that?" Justine said.

"The HOPE Rifle," I said.

"It looks a bit...unique," Justine said.

"We'll have to discuss this later. Are you guys ready to engage the hostiles?" I asked.

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be," Sophia said.

"Lucky for you, I'm always ready. Our defense buff is already active, Owen. We'll follow your lead," Justine said.

As I quickly nodded my head, I began running towards the slimes with my rifle in tow. Weirdly enough, the situation reminded me of my older brother, who was still in the military before I reincarnated. However, I didn't have time to reflect on the past since my friends were counting on me to secure the future.

The 4 Giant Slimes took an inverted triangle formation, with three poison slimes in the front and 1 Ecchi slime in the back. It reminded me of target practice, but these targets could actually shoot back. Nonetheless, the things that I learned from my older brother would serve me well.

I decided to cast 'Steps Of Light', which allowed for faster movement or even jumping through the air for long distances. It could help me dodge attacks or give me a drastic boost in speed. However, I decided to make a giant leap into the air so I could snipe the slimes from above.

Justine revealed her angelic wings as she flew up towards me.

As I charged the first shot, Sophia temporarily froze one of the poison slimes.

"Shoot that one first!" Sophia shouted.

Justine nodded as she applied a defense debuff to the slime.

"His defense is lowered! Get as many shots in as you can!" Justine said.

As I released the first shot, the highly concentrated beam of Light Magic pierced through the clouds as it punctured the slimes' gelatinous skin.

"It looks like it's working! I think you only need one more shot!" Justine said.

As I charged up another shot, the other three slimes noticed my presence. However, I was able to release another beam of light, which finally killed the Giant slime. But the other two Poison slimes began shooting bursts of their elemental energy as I began the descent of my leap. 

"Owen! You need to cast your Light Magic Barrier on us!" Justine shouted.

"I don't know how to do that yet!" I responded.

"Just say whatever comes to mind! Listen to what [Fast Learner] says!" Justine shouted.

As multiple magic projectiles headed towards me, I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I tried to listen to the voices inside of my head, which were giving me hints as they had before. Seconds before the projectiles were supposed to hit, I figured out the spell.

"Barrier Of Radiance! 2nd Generation!" I shouted.

As multiple magic barriers appeared on the three of us, the bursts of elemental energy hammered my barrier. However, my barrier was already cracking.

"Good work, Owen! You're doing amazing!" Justine shouted.

"How am I supposed to land?" I responded.

"Steps Of Light protects you from fall damage!" Justine said.

After a few more seconds in the air, I finally landed on the ground and rushed into cover as I began charging another shot.

"Justine! Sophia! Let's repeat the process! I won't be able to jump, but these trees are good cover!" I said.

As Justine and Sophia nodded their heads, we repeated the process for the other Poison slimes. Sophia would freeze them, Justine would apply her debuff, and I would use the HOPE Rifle to kill them. However, by the time we finished the last Poison slime, they had already destroyed our barriers. This was most likely due to their attacks being A rank and the barrier being a B+ rank. Nonetheless, Justine and Sophia made sure to save the Ecchi Slime for last.

"That's what I'm talking about! Gimme five, Justine!" Sophia said happily.

As Justine and Sophia gave each other a high five, I stared at the Giant Ecchi Slime. The slime stared back.

"That's odd. How come the slime isn't attacking us? Is it surrendering?" I said.

"Slimes are lowly life forms of minimal intelligence. I doubt that they can—," Justine said.

"Wait! I'm not a bad slime! It's me! Lia!" Lia said.

"Lia? Who's Lia?" I asked.

"Do you really think we're going to fall for that? Lia was the Warden Of Lust's favorite pet. How do you intend to prove yourself?" Justine said.

"It's simple. Not only can you attempt to check my appraisal, but you can also watch me take my human form!" Lia said.

As the Giant Ecchi slime began spinning rapidly, it slowly shrank in size. Meanwhile, Justine checked her appraisal.

"Well, I'll be damned! It really is Lia!" Justine said.

"Really? I thought Lia was an S rank Slime?" Sophia said.

"She must've weakened over time. I mean, the Warden Of Lust died 10 years ago. Unless Lia makes a new servant contract, she'll probably continue getting weaker," Justine said.

"Who's the Warden Of Lust? I've never heard this before," I said.

"Tada! It's me! Lia, the perverted slime! Wait...was I supposed to say that? Uh...can I get a redo on that?" Lia said.

As we turned towards Lia, we saw that she took the form of a 20-year-old girl. She had pink hair, pink eyes, and wore a maid outfit.

"It's a good thing you guys didn't try to kill me. If this kid can use Light Magic, then he must be the guy from the legend, right? Do me a favor and let me join you," Lia said grinning.

As Justine reached into her void storage, she pulled out her blindfold and wore it over her right eye. She sighed as she karate chopped Lia's head.

"Ow! What was that for?!" Lia said.

"There's nothing I hate more in this world than Ecchi slimes. If you want to join our party, I hope you're ready to prove yourself useful," Justine said.

As Lia put her right hand on my left shoulder, she gave Justine a thumbs up.

"I think you'll be very pleased with what I have to offer!" Lia said confidently.

12