42. A New Path
393 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

IMEhNdo.png

[Mio 13, 3728: 1st day on the road to A’srius ]

As I slowly opened my eyes, I immediately recognized the familiar roof of my large delivery wagon.

However, it wasn't just any wagon.

It was a Hover Wagon.

With the help of Ronan and Jade, I had made a solid prototype that would serve us well. It ran on a mixture of Solar energy & Light Magic, similar to my other creations. However, instead of wheels, it had four modular turbines that could be replaced or upgraded.

The only downside?

It took several days to finish. After all, Justine told me about the limits of 'Creation' for a Demi-God.

While I couldn't see my mana, I could still run out of it if I use too much magic power.

And of course, the larger and more complex the creation, the more power that's consumed.

Which meant that this took A TON of magic power to finish since it was a B+ Creation.

Which says a lot since I regenerate 5% of my mana per hour.

Regardless, it was obvious by the surrounding noises that I was on the road. The wagon wasn't moving very fast, but I could hear the slight hum of the turbines.

I could also overhear Ronan, Jade, and Sophia arguing passionately. But when I slightly turned my head to the right, I noticed that they were near the front of wagon playing an enchanted game of cards. Lia seemed to be driving the vehicle, but she was clearly interested in what they were arguing about. It didn't take a genius to figure out they were gambling.

But I noticed that I was lying on something warm...and incredibly soft. I also noticed that someone's finger was poking my left mouth cheek.

"Oi! Who's poking my cheek?" I said annoyed.

Justine moved into my vision. It seems I was lying on her lap.

"Why am I not surprised?" I joked.

"You get an exceptionally rare lap pillow from a Goddess and those are your first words? I have to say, I'm impressed!" Justine joked.

She placed her hand on my head as she rubbed it softly.

"Don't worry, Owen. Jade told me everything," Justine said.

"Really? Did she tell you how she forced me to touch the scythe?" I said.

"Yes. And she's extremely sorry for doing so. However, it seems her failure has humbled her to be less arrogant. Although, she was right about one thing," Justine said.

As Justine placed her hand on my left forearm, she slowly caressed it. The chain seal markings flashed.

"It seems that the Scythe was being used as a powerful catalyst to strengthen the holy seal that they placed on the weapon. However, since you are of Demi-God blood and possess light magic...," Justine said.

"It identified me as a better overseer of the seal," I said.

"Precisely. Since the seal was never meant to be touched by a Demi-God, it was only configured to use the best catalyst available. If a human touches it, it would sap most of their mana immediately. If a demon touches it, the holy magic would cleanse their soul at the slightest touch. But since the next best catalyst is primordial magic...," Justine said.

"That leaves me, Ogis, and Broggon?" I said.

"You catch on fast, don't you? I like that about you, Owen. You make a young Goddess proud," Justine said happily.

[Important Note: All Italics mean the conversation is happening telepathically between Owen and Carnessa!]

"What? This chick is a Goddess? You have to be joking!" Carnessa said.

"What?" I said.

"What's wrong, Owen?" Justine said.

"You...you didn't hear that? Her voice?" I said.

"What? Who's voice? What do you mean?" Justine said.

I sat up from Justine's lap to turn and face her.

"Carnessa's! The Demon Lord Princess! Are you sure you didn't hear it?!" I said.

"Are you an idiot? I just told you earlier that—," Carnessa said.

"See? She just did it again!" I said.

Justine had a worried look on her face as she slowly got up.

"Ok...I think you must still be under some form of shock. How about you rest a little longer before joining the others? I'll tell them you're doing okay...mostly," Justine said.

As Justine waved me goodbye, she walked past the gambling group before sitting up front with Lia.

Suddenly, Carnessa appeared as she leaned against the wall.

"Baka! I told you earlier that as long as I'm sealed within you, you'll be the only person able to see me in the real world!" Carnessa said.

"Tch! Whatever," I said telepathically.

"Looks like you're not an entire idiot after all! At least you remembered to speak to me telepathically. Though, I have to say. Being in spirit form is better than being in eternal slumber," Carnessa said happily.

"You're being oddly nice for a demon princess. What are you planning?" I said.

"Hm? What are you talking about? I'm always like this. Tell him, Anguish," Carnessa said.

Anguish appeared as a pet dragon on Carnessa's shoulders.

"She is never like this," Anguish said.

"What's wrong with you, Anguish? You're acting strange. Usually, you're more aggressive than this," Carnessa said.

"I'm not sure, princess. I just feel...different. Maybe because I was used as a catalyst for the seal? I mean, don't you feel different too?" Anguish said.

"Mhm. Somewhat. Too early to tell, though. It could be a side effect from eternal slumber, the seal, or just me growing into a more feminine body over all these years. I think I grew a few cup sizes too...," Carnessa smirked.

"Does that mean you won't kill people anymore?" I said.

Carnessa stared at me before staring at Anguish.

They busted out laughing.

"Hahaha! If you're asking me a question like that, you're clearly not informed of this world. But you managed to make me laugh, so consider yourself lucky. We'll chat later, 'kay?" Carnessa said similing.

As Carnessa snapped her fingers, she disappeared without a trace.

I shook my head as I let out an enormous sigh.

I looked around the wagon.

"Jeez. What were the quests again? Eliminate an Orc Captain, Collect Fairy Dust, Steal Griffin Eggs, and...a couple delivery quests? Did I accept a mining quest? Or was that a resource collection quest? But didn't I deny that one for the quest with a better ROI? Ugh! Maybe I'll just ask Jade," I mumbled to myself.

As I casually walked towards Jade, Ronan, and Sophia, I called out to them.

"Are you guys really going to gamble without me? How inconsiderate," I said smiling.

10