43. The Gambling Wagon
947 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

IMEhNdo.png

[Mio 13, 3728: 1st day on the road to A’srius]

As Justine, Sophia, Lia, and I played a game of 'Pheorian Domination', Ronan and Jade were driving the Hover Wagon.

We estimated that at our current pace, as well as accounting for any unintended stops along the way, we could reach A’srius in around 5 days.

It's been mostly smooth sailing up to this point, as the surrounding area of Fayhelm was safer than other cities like it.

This was due to the fact that Fayhelm was the closest city to Pheoria.

This, among a few other reasons, is why Justine decided to have Fayhelm be my starting city in the first place.

However, it's been an hour since I recovered and Justine was...annoyed to say the least.

She suddenly slammed her fists on the table, which broke off a few chips of wood.

"Dammit! I'm losing Holy Hifus!" Justine said.

Sophia began poking Justine's left mouth cheek.

"I don't see why you're so frustrated when it's your own fault," Sophia said.

"If you took over Kilaqen when Lia was low on troops, you could have taken over half of Kilaqen by now," I said.

"And break her territory troop bonus in the process," Sophia said.

Justine moved Sophia's finger away.

"Whatever! I'll recover in no time! I'm a Goddess after all!" Justine said proudly.

"First of all, it's a game, Justine. Second of all, you're going to lose at this rate," I said.

Lia shrugged as she had a smile on her face.

"Another day, another sore loser!" Lia said happily.

Despite Lia saying those words, we were both tied for first. Lia controlled the entire Kilaqen Empire and half of the Wildlands. I controlled The Pheorian Empire and the other Half of the Wildlands. Justine controlled Holy Hifus and a small amount of Eliyen while Sophia controlled the rest of Eliyen. It's safe to say that Lia is my biggest threat at the moment, but that's where the fun begins.

However, I wanted to check the bets before I made any haste decisions.

"Oi! Jade! What were the bets for this game?" I shouted.

Jade turned around and flew towards us. As she glanced at the board, she let out a light chuckle.

"Hmm, let's see. If Lia won, she wanted everyone to strip so she can lewd them. If Owen won, he wanted everyone to owe him 5 Adamantite coins. If Justine won, she wanted Owen to take a 2 week break from being a Merchant so he can be a hero. And if Sophia won, she wanted to borrow Owen for a week," Jade said.

I smiled as I pictured gaining those magnificent coins.

"What do you say? Do you guys want to double your bets?" I said jokingly.

"Screw you! You might be cocky now, but when I take over and win this game, you'll be accepting every single quest that Detia gives you!" Justine taunted.

"So Lia, when you say you wanted to 'lewd' us, what did you have in mind...," Sophia asked.

Lia chuckled at Sophia's question as she had a fire in her eyes. Lia slammed her hands on the table.

"Don't worry about it! You'll know when the time comes! Just focus on losing and subm—," Lia said confidently.

As Lia had a perverted look on her face, Justine threw a book at her. It knocked Lia out of her chair.

"Tch! I knew the Warden Of Lust's pet would be a pervert! I will not let you lay your eyes on my divine body!" Justine said annoyed.

"Huh? Did you already forget I saw you in nothing but your panties? Or did you forget when you gave me Insane Bloom?" I said.

As Justine remembered the situation, her face began to turn red.

"Wha–! I mean, I—!" Justine said.

Sophia happily joined in.

"Oh? Is that so? I didn't know you were that assertive, Justine. I'll have to take notes," Sophia teased.

As Justine quickly tried to save face, Ronan called out to us.

"Uh...guys! You may want to see this!" Ronan shouted.

As the 4 of us silently agreed to finish the game later, we slowly made our way to the front of the Hover wagon. From the front, we saw an overturned wagon, alongside two dead horses. We felt that most of the blood on the scene was horse blood, but we couldn't confirm our suspicions without getting closer.

There was only one issue.

A Griffin was blocking our path.

And it was looking straight at us.

13