2. Worthless Goddess
7.2k 15 135
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Despite the unfavorable proposition that was offered to me, I took a liking to this unknown world. As I walked past the large and mystical trees, I felt as if they were conversing with each other. I breathed in the air multiple times, appreciating the magical scent that seemed to fill the area. I watched the small animals scurry past my feet while passive monsters stared at me. It was an interesting world that I wanted to explore, but I still wanted to know how I got here. The only person who could answer my question was the Stalker Of Justice.

"Goddess Justine. While you're stalking me, can you at least tell me how I ended up in Adrios?" I asked.

"Oh yeah. I forgot that we wiped some of your memory. Your personality was more stubborn than we thought," Justine muttered.

"What do you mean? You won't do it again, right? I may not look like it, but I follow the belief of true gender equality!" I proudly stated.

"Relax. It would be a waste of my powers to wipe it again. It's clear that your personality is absolute. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to show you how we got here," Justine said.

As Justine held out her left hand, a magical screen began showing the events that led up to my reincarnation.

-------------------------------------------------------

[1 Hour Earlier]

"Welcome to the afterlife, Owen Woods. It is time to wake up and start your quest," Justine softly stated.

As I slowly opened my eyes, I found myself on a bench inside the courtyard of a large Roman Villa. Directly in front of me was a marble statue of Lady Justice, perched upon the top of a golden fountain. As I looked towards the sky, it surprised me to see many other Roman villas of unique designs floating in the air. Strangely, I felt as if I had a sizable gap in my memory, which wouldn't let me access the means of my arrival. But as a warm hand was placed on my left shoulder, I quickly turned my head, only to find myself submerged in perfect bliss.

"I hope you feel safe in my embrace, hero. Following your tragic death, I have chosen you to be my champion. You will help me save Adrios from annihilation," Justine stated.

As I removed my face from the woman's breasts, I saw her wonderful appearance. She seemed to be an exquisite woman, who wore a black blindfold along with her voluptuous body. However, she had beautifully orange hair that was in a ponytail, which accentuated her young appearance. As I scratched my chin, I somehow decided to lightly slap her tits. She then slapped me off of the bench, disappointed in my choices.

"The hell do you think you're doing, hero? I am the Goddess Of Justice!" Justine said embarrassed.

As I smiled, my nose bled. I wiped it off before apologizing.

"I'm sorry, Goddess! I had to confirm that this wasn't a dream. Anyway, what's this about being a champion?" I asked.

"Ahem! After we decide on your chosen class and ability, I will transport you to Adrios. You will then start liberating the continent from Demonic oppression. If you will follow me, I shall show you to my personal oracle," Justine said confidently.

As we walked throughout the large villa, I noticed that the Goddess used several angels to help maintain the property. Since the name 'Justine' was on her paintings, I guessed that it was her name. I felt strange wearing my college attire in such a place, but it couldn't be helped. I mean, I did just die. But as we began approaching the room of the Oracle, I asked some important questions.

"So why did you choose me as your champion? I'm not really the pinnacle of Justice," I said.

"I know. You're cute, but you're also slightly lewd. Dare I say too lewd. However, your potential far outweighs whatever negatives you possess. You may not remember, but you sacrificed yourself to save many lives. You stood up to terror and paid the price. But I will not let your story end there. You have the confidence, intelligence, and personality needed to be my Champion Of Justice," Justine stated.

"Honestly, it sounds more like I had a lapse in judgment. I'm usually more selfish than selfless, to be honest. I don't get the appeal of being selfless," I said.

"Should you really be telling me that? You know what, I'll pretend I didn't hear that. Questions?" Justine asked.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" I asked.

"I'm not answering any more questions," Justine stated.

-------------

As we reached the room of the oracle, I took things seriously. However, once Justine opened the door to the 'Oracle's Study', I became confused.

"Is this the Oracle's kid? I thought we were meeting her here? Is she preoccupied or something?" I asked.

"Fool! I am the Oracle you seek! Alnera shall tell you what Class and Legendary Ability you will be blessed with! Fufufu," Alnera stated.

"Look, kid. I need you to get your mother so I can get my Class and Ability foretold. Can you do that for me?" I asked nicely.

As Alnera quickly jumped down from her chair and walked towards me, she motioned me to crouch to her level. As I crouched before her, she stared into my eyes for a few moments before repeatedly alternating her hands while slapping me. I eventually had enough.

"Okay, Okay! You're the loli oracle! Just tell me my prophecy!" I shouted.

"Hmpf! That's good enough, I suppose. The faster I tell you your prophecy, the quicker you leave my study. Come! You'll take a seat over here and place your hand on this orb," Alnera stated.

As I took a seat and placed my right hand on the orb, it immediately began reacting to my touch. As it glowed bright orange, Alnera placed her hand over mine to read the prophecy. Her eyes also glowed bright orange as she read.

"Let's see...looks like he'll be proficient at magic but subpar in Melee combat. I can't say I'm surprised by that. His best bet is probably...being a Sorcerer Of Light? That's surprising. That's a good roll. Let's see what Legendary Ability you'll be blessed with...hm. That's an unexpected acquisition. What's your name, boy? Owen? Apologies for slapping you earlier. I didn't realize you would be the legendary hero! You might be the key to beating Demon Lords Ogis and Broggon!" Alnera said.

"Woah, woah, woah. Slow down a bit. What do you mean two Demon Lords? Justine didn't tell me that," I said confused.

As I turned towards Justine, she avoided making eye contact. By doing so, she exposed herself as being a sly woman.

"What a useless Goddess! How is the Goddess Of Justice a cunning woman?! Do you understand the irony of your situation!" I argued.

"You weren't the one who went through 46 adventurers, okay! Every other adventurer declined my offer, so what else was I supposed to do? I was forced to reincarnate someone!" Justine argued.

"Tell the truth! Are you being serious right now? 46?! What a worthless Goddess! I hope they strip you of your Goddess title and ban you from this realm! You're as useless as if the God Of War wanted peace!" I argued.

"Now I don't know about that. It was a small lie in the grand scheme of things," Justine argued.

"You just justified using deceit by saying it's no big deal? You should be ashamed of yourself, woman! You were legitimately willing to trick me into a death flag! Your only redeeming quality is an overly sexualized body! And you have the nerve to slap me when I slap your tits! You disgust me," I argued.

"Huh? Do you hear yourself right now? Justifying the slapping of my breasts? Are you insane?" Justine argued.

As the young Goddess and I argued for a few more minutes, Alnera eventually proposed a solution.

"I mean, couldn't we just wipe your memory and try again?" Alnera said.

"That's possible? How would you do that?" I asked.

"Like this—," Alnera stated.

-------------------------------------------------------

As Goddess Justine abruptly closed her hand, she tried her best to save face.

"Water under the bridge, right? Let's put all that stuff behind us and start anew. You're 18 and I'm 20 in human years, so I think we're just young. You said things that weren't true and I said things that were accurate, but we shouldn't dwell on the past, right? Let's shake hands and work together to kill those Demon Lords!" Justine smiled.

I thought about her proposition for a few moments.

As I slapped her tits out of spite, Justine punched me in the face.

I said a few moments after all.

But it was at this moment, while laying on the nice grass, that I officially lost my respect for the worthless Goddess.

135