14. Our First Store [Part 1]
2k 7 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Despite our rough start, Mayor Ross was still a Merchant at heart. In exchange for my participation in FSF operations, he happily gave me the various tips and items that I needed to start my career as a Merchant. His passion for Trading, Economics, and Freedom were prominent parts of his personality. Despite only talking with him for a few hours, I felt as if I had a better idea of who Mayor Ross was. He was a charismatic individual, but he could also be strict.

We also learned more information about our assignment. Apparently, Alter Q reported some strange activity in Crimson Helm and Ironwill. Reports state that Fayhelm's citizens are being found mutilated, murdered, or missing in these districts. They believe it's the Children Of Ogis.

Even the Iron Brotherhood, a dangerous vigilante faction, was undergoing the same treatment by 'hooded men with dark auras'. Ross believes that these people are being used as sacrifices by the Cultists, but has no evidence to support this claim. He stated that this information was on a need-to-know basis, as mass panic would ensue if the entire city knew about it. Only the FSF and a few heroes know about it.

Alter Q also noted that their encounters with 'The Dreamers' were getting more dangerous, as the latter gained 'strange members'. Alter Q believes that the 'Children Of Ogis' (COO), and 'The Dreamers' (TD), are working together on something big. However, they haven't been able to pinpoint their hideout to flush them out.

He compared the Demon Cultists to a virus that 'can't be removed without overwhelming force'. Our orders are to find their hideout, notify the FSF, and wipe them out. Since the COO killed Quint's mother, Mayor Ross suggested our cooperation with Quint on this mission. He also told us that a Storm Warden named Faith would help us.

Finally, he completed his guidance by telling us what Fayhelm represents. He told us that Fayhelm is one of the most peaceful cities in Adrios, crediting the efforts of the Platinum Helm Guild and FSF. That's part of the reason that the city is growing so rapidly since it's seen as a safe haven. It's not an exaggeration to say that Fayhelm must not fall, as it would put the entire region at the risk of invasion.

Despite learning this information, I couldn't believe that the most important man in Fayhelm had a soft spot for Commerce. It was even more apparent when he happily gave me a Merchant License.

However, as we were about to leave, he did something unexpected.

"I know I just gave you a Merchant License, but do you have a store location yet?" Mayor Ross asked.

"Not yet. We only recently arrived in the city, so we're about to look for a location," I said.

"If that's the case, you could always take over my old shop! It'll need some repairs and a thorough deep cleaning, but it's also near the city center. It'll be cheaper than trying to buy property on Fayhelm's Real Estate Market. I mean, we made the Ironwill district because the land in the city was so expensive. I haven't used it since I quit being a Merchant Hero decades ago, so it would make me feel better if someone brought it back to life," Ross said happily.

"Really? Why are you giving it to us? We've only spoken for a few hours," I said.

"You have substantially more credibility compared to other Merchants in Fayhelm. You also saved Wilhelm and Sophia's life, which prevented the city from falling into anarchy. Plus, my gut tells me you are a good kid. While it's yet to be determined if you deserve my daughter, your passion for commerce is almost as high as my own. If Themy, the Goddess Of Justice, can trust you then I'm willing to do the same," Ross said happily.

"Guess what, Mayor Ross? My mother retired, so I'm the Goddess Of Justice now!" Justine said proudly.

"I thought so. It seems you've matured since I last saw you. I'm sure Themy is proud of your growth," Ross said.

"I think we'll take up your offer! We'll take over your old store! How much do we owe you?" I asked.

"Oh. You don't have to pay anything upfront. Paying your taxes should be enough since I'm the board chairman of the Treasury," Ross said.

"Ronan is surprised / that even in this new world / taxes are prevalent," Ronan said.

"In this world, nothing can be more certain than death and taxes. Unless you're a God, of course," Justine remarked.

"How much?" I said.

Ross chuckled at me before explaining. "Ha! Straight to the point! I like it! Anyway, it's not too bad. We tax tier 1 Businesses at 30%, Tier 2 Businesses at 22.5%, and Tier 3 Businesses at 15%. Everyone starts at Tier 1, but with hard work, they can move up the tiers!" Ross said proudly.

"You monster! How dare you tax me at 30%! Have you no shame?" I said sarcastically.

"If the tax is that high then you can give me 30% of the profits at a later date, Owen. It's better to put that money towards the community than to a Goddess," Justine said.

I grabbed both of Justine's hands. My face was beaming. "I knew you had it in you! I knew that a face as beautiful as yours wouldn't be a horrible person! I think I love you now! Marry me!" I said sarcastically.

Justine slapped me across my face. Her face turned as red as a rose.

"Were you dropped on your head or something? You can't say stuff like that as a joke!” Justine said embarrassed.

"It must be nice to be young," Mayor Ross teased.

"Don't encourage him!" Justine said.

As I rubbed my cheek, I responded to Mayor Ross. "Anyway, I think we'll take the shop from you, Mayor Ross! It's time to begin our career as Merchants!" I said proudly.

"Yes!" Ronan said.

"If Ledos saw this, he would laugh me out the room," Justine sighed.

The Mayor's hands turned a dark blue, as blue portals appeared above and below the three of us. "If that's settled then I'll teleport you to The Glossy Ross right now!" Ross said proudly.

"Wait, wha-," I said confused.

Before I got to finish, Mayor Ross instantly teleported us to the outside of a Foreign building. The landing from teleportation was horrible, as the three of us landed on top of each other. However, it wasn't all bad. While Ronan broke my fall, Justine landed on top of me chest first. As Justine's soft D-cup breasts pressed onto my face, only one thing passed through my mind.

My luck stat was undefeated.

His luck stat is 4.5 stars btw. You can find the tables of his stats in Ch. 3

55