18. Private Hotspring
1.9k 6 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wanted to relax after reading Asher's letter, which required the use of our private hot spring. The hot spring was a decent size, as it could most likely fit 6-8 people inside it. It was a special perk for staying at the Exalted Maple Inn, which was designed with VIPs in mind. Our apartment-style room didn't have a kitchen, but it had a private bathroom and hot spring. This was by the use of Runes inscribed into the material. Instead of using electricity, magic was flowing into the various things that needed it most.

I still considered it to be a strange system, but it seemed to be more flexible than what we had on earth. The bathroom and hot spring also featured reinforced magic glass, which acted as a one-way mirror. This meant that we could enjoy the pleasant view of the city without the expense of our privacy. This was my first time using the hot spring, as I wanted to save it for special occasions. However, I could already tell that it was worth it.

"Now this is the life! I can already feel my stress disappearing!" I said happily.

"Affirmative," Ronan said.

"Are you sure you don't want to enjoy the hot spring? You have all 5 senses so I'm sure you would enjoy it," I said.

"If those are your wishes, then I shall partake of the spring. Excuse me," Ronan said.

As Ronan carefully lowered himself into the spring, he laid on the wall next to me. As I looked at his OLED helmet, it showed a neon green thumbs up. It seems he took a liking to the spring.

"It's not always about playing the bodyguard, you know? The reason I gave you an organic AI is so you could act more...human. You should try to be more aware of that from now on," I said.

"Affirma...I mean, I'll keep it in mind," Ronan said.

"Well, at least you're trying. That's what matters most," I said.

As I sat in the spring for a few minutes, I reflected on Asher's letter.

"I'll give him props. He made some strong points. Then again, he is me. I still can't believe personality Inversion is a thing. If Justine was sorry, she would give me unlimited lap pillow access!" I said jokingly.

"You seem to be in a better mood," Ronan said.

"Yeah...I guess I am. It's been a very...atypical experience in Adrios so far. I think 'Atypical' would describe it best. Reminds me of the reason I became a Merchant," I said thoughtfully.

"Why do you want to be a Merchant? Is it because you want to make money? Avoid the Demon Lords? Build A Business? Live a peaceful life? Start a family?" Ronan asked.

"The major reason? Passion for the profession. I love being a Merchant! I don't really know why, though. I just get this fantastic feeling when I buy and sell stuff. In most of the games I played, I would always try to be a Merchant of some sort. Especially in games that had player driven economies," I said.

"Interesting," Ronan said.

"Anyway, I'm curious. Was he telling the truth? Did Asher give you any orders last night?" I asked.

"Yes," Ronan responded succinctly.

"Can you tell me what he told you?" I asked.

"No," Ronan quickly responded.

"What? What do you mean? You're supposed to follow my orders, right?" I asked.

"Yes," Ronan responded.

"So then why won't you tell me?" I asked.

"Since Asher is technically Owen, Asher's orders carry the same weight as your own. He told me to keep the details confidential from himself, which also happens to be...you," Ronan said.

"That's...somewhat disturbing. Remind me to never drink Insane Bloom ever again," I asked.

"Affirma...I mean, I shall warn you," Ronan said.

"Steady progress, Ronan. Steady progress," I said proudly.

"Hey! Are you guys still in the Hot Spring? Let me join you two! You guys are taking too long!" Justine shouted.

Behind the Hot Spring's Planum-like Door, I could faintly see the figure of Justine undressing. Luckily, it seemed like she was putting on...something?

"No...she wouldn't...would she?" I questioned.

"Don't underestimate the will of a Goddess, Owen. You have nothing to worry about! I have no genitals!" Ronan said proudly.

"How...does that relate to our situation? You do know that real life doesn't play out like an Eroge, right?" I said.

"I wish you luck! I shall meditate in that corner while you handle the situation!" Ronan said confidently.

As I reached out to Ronan, he quickly dashed out of the Hot Spring before taking a meditation pose in the corner. His OLED screen featured a neon orange Yin-yang symbol. It left me speechless.

"Looks like Ronan could use a software update," I joked.

But as I sat in the Hot Spring, I thought about a variety of things. As much as I tried to avoid it, visiting Platinum Helm Guild seemed to be inevitable. I knew that many quests were available at Platinum Helm. From Resource Collection, Escort Missions, and even Monster Slaying, even a Merchant Hero can find the quest he needs.

And hopefully, do some marketing.

52