24. Meeting Alina & Kordell
1.3k 9 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Faith opened the doors, we noticed that two adventurers already occupied the room. A muscular man with light brown skin was talking to a Demi-Human Oni girl.

"I already told you, Alina! I'm not giving you preferential treatment! You're going to have to wait like everyone else!" the man said.

"C'mon, Kordell! Aren't we friends? Didn't we go to Platinum Crest together?" Alina said.

"Yeah. And unlike you, I cared about my studies! In the Kingdom Of Marid, we pride ourselves on the knowledge that we obtain! There's a reason we're one of the richest Kingdoms in the Wildlands!" Kordell boasted.

"And yet, you rely on the Gekurin Kingdom for when you need muscle! The Kingdom filled with members of the Oni race! You're telling me you can't spare your childhood friend a glass of your famous wine? Aren't we both from the Wildlands?" Alina said.

"Look, Alina. You know better than anyone that this wine shipment fetches great coin. As a member of the Trade Association, I'm obliged to give everyone a fair chance at obtaining a bottle! Even as the Prince of Marid, they only send me a dozen bottles every two months! Aren't you the Princess Of Gekurin? Why don't you ask your folks to send you some?" Kordell said.

"Is that a joke? Do you really think my father is going to part with his stash of Exquisite Wine?" Alina said.

"Prince Kordell! Princess Alina! We need to use this training room!" Faith said.

Kordell and Alina turned towards Faith as they walked towards us.

"Sorry about that. We needed a private place to talk, so we chose a nearby training room. I forgot to mark it as occupied," Alina said apologetically.

"I see you have wonderful people skills as ever, Faith," Kordell said sarcastically.

"When you're a Warden, you forget about that stuff quickly," Faith said confidently.

"Hahaha! Touché! We'll see if you have that same tone when we reach 'Warden' status! Let's go, Alina!" Kordell said happily.

"Does this mean your childhood friend will finally get a bottle?" Alina said playfully.

As Kordell and Alina exited the room, he gave her a head pat.

"I'll see what I can do," Kordell said smiling.

----------------

Faith placed her hand on an Adamantite golem as she gave us a thumbs up.

"So...what? Do you intend to train me? You know that I'm a Merchant, right?" I said.

"Don't worry! We can start with the basics! Having a solid foundation is key when you're learning how to be a hero!" Faith said.

"She's right, Owen! You promised me you would be a hero 40% of the time!" Justine said.

"Ugh! Do I really have to?" I said.

As Faith walked over to a table, she picked up two pairs of gloves. She carefully placed it on her hands, as the gloves subtly flashed with many runes. She threw me the other pair of gloves as she walked to the center of the room.

"Since you're new to the guild, we'll start with basic combat. There are two other 'Wardens' who work under Platinum Helm Guild. However, they are busy pushing back Ogis's troops. Until they return, you shall serve as my training partner!" Faith said confidently.

"Are you insane? You're an S rank!" I said.

Faith began going through a stretching routine. She was clearly ignoring my complaints.

"People like incentives, right? How about this? If you land a single hit against me, I'll become your indentured servant. I'll even wear a maid outfit for you since that's what men seem to like...I think? However, if you're unable to accomplish this task, you'll be my training partner indefinitely. I'm going to tell you this now: I never hold back," Faith stated.

"So all I need is a single hit to have an S rank servant? I think I'll humor your proposition," I said.

"Are you sure about this, Owen?" Justine said.

"I'll be fine! What are the rules, Faith?" I asked.

"These gloves, with the help of specific runes, can restrict our magic and abilities. That means we'll primarily be relying on our martial arts," Faith said.

I walked to the center of the room, as I quickly put on my gloves. "Seems simple enough. All I need is a single hit, right? I hope you like wearing swimsuits," I smirked.

"I really don't think you're ready for this, Owen. But I'll wish you luck!" Justine said.

"Ronan agrees!" Ronan said.

"Have faith in me! With the gifts given to me, I can't lose!" I said proudly.

"Well...," Justine muttered.

----------------

[1 Hour Later]

"Uggggghhhh," I muttered.

"—Sigh—"I told you this would happen, Owen. You can't say I didn't warn you!" Justine said.

"I feel like she has shattered every bone in record time," I remarked.

"Be grateful that you're dating a Goddess and stay still! I can't heal you if you keep moving!" Justine said.

After Faith dealt me a crushing defeat, she offered to carry me to our shop. She was talking with Ronan upstairs, as he happily gave her a tour of the place. Apparently, he wanted to fight her despite my defeat, which made me feel...proud. After Justine healed most of the injuries on my legs, she placed me against our shop's counter.

As she took off my shirt, she gently ran her fingers across my chest. While doing so, she slowly healed my bruises.

"I forgot that you were slim and muscular, Owen! Benefits of being a Demi-God, I suppose," Justine said salivating.

"Oi. Aren't you"—Ouch!—"forgetting something important?" I asked.

"Why did you have to kill the mood like that? Can't I give you compliments?" Justine asked annoyed.

"You know, this would feel nicer if I was...you know...healed," I responded.

"Hm. I guess you have a good point," Justine said.

"You guess?" I responded.

At that moment, we heard a rhythmic knocking on the shop's doors. Since we didn't formally open the shop yet, I was curious to see who came to visit. Justine helped walk me towards the door, as I cautiously opened it. To my surprise, I saw a familiar face.

"Sophia? What do you need from a Merchant?" I tiredly asked.

"Congratulations, Owen! After having a serious talk with my mother, she has appointed me to your adventuring party!" Sophia said proudly.

"Wait, what?" I said dumbfounded.

As Sophia's face beamed, she gently grabbed my head. Suddenly, she plunged my head straight into her D cup breasts. Naturally, as if by reflex, Justine tried to pull me out. As they subjected my injured body to the equivalent of tug-of-war, I reflected on my situation. I almost thought I was Kazuma, as I had a blank facial expression during the conflict.

On earth, most men would consider the plethora of women around me a godsend. A gift. A blessing.

However, these women were...special.

They were the antithesis of a peaceful life.

But at this point, any chance of being a normal merchant has disappeared.

All that's left is to accept my destiny: To Be An Atypical Merchant.

F in the chat for Owen.

38