23.5. The Guild’s Tour
667 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Announcement
This chapter is newer than the surrounding chapters.

We walked around the guild for a few more minutes before Faith abruptly stopped. Something was on her mind.

"What's the matter, Faith?" I asked.

"I'm going to be honest with you guys. For anomalies like ourselves, the tour is an absolute waste of time. It'll take an hour for me to show you the entire guild, so in its place, I shall give you the simplified version. After all, the only way we can hope for peace is through overwhelming magic power," Faith responded.

"What? What does that have to do with the tour?" Justine asked.

"Why should we waste our time exploring this large guild when we could get stronger? The tour is nothing but pointless conversation," Faith responded.

"I understand that you like to train but...doesn't the size of the guild warrant a proper tour?" Ronan said.

"You know, the men who succeed are the efficient few. They have the ambition and will power to develop themselves. By definition, an anomaly is something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected. If the system chose you, then that makes us instant allies...and training partners!" Faith said.

As Faith directed us to the nearby training area, I used [Fast Learner] to condense the information she gave us.

----------

For starters, Platinum Helm Guild had a unique management system. The many guilds who helped form the guild reorganized into 5 different departments:

Combat Association

The Combat Association handles all quests pertaining to combat. This group handles monster elimination, Demon Slaying, Bandit outposts, etc. They're the sole owner of the Guild's underground Dungeon and partial owners of the Guild's biggest arena. They teach everything under the School Of Combat that the School Of Magic doesn't teach. 

Mages Association

The Mages Association handles all quests pertaining to magic. This group handles summoning, casting, Alchemy, Potion brewing, etc. They teach everything under the School Of Magic, which includes Enchanting, Alchemy, Potion brewing, etc.

Trade Association

The Trade Association handles all quests pertaining to trade. This group handles resource collection, Mining, Delivery, etc. Caravan bodyguard requests are also handled by this group. They own most of the stores inside of the Guild, including those that are staffed by the Combat and Mage Association. They teach the wonderful aspects of Trade under the School Of Trading. They're the only group in charge of the Guild's Resource Management and Treasury.

Security Committee

The Security Committee is a government organization, which has a mutually beneficial relationship with the Guild. It's mostly owned by Fayhelm, but it's also owned by the Pheoria Empire. It contains Guild Members, FSF members, and Empire representatives. It also handles things like the 'Quatinum Concord', which is an agreement between the settlements in the region to send any 'Anomalies' to the Guild for training/development. 'Anomalies' usually have personality quirks of some sort, which makes them easy to identify in childhood. The Guild has a school called the 'Platinum Crest', which properly instructs the young children until they turn 16. The Pheoria Empire sends highly qualified teachers to develop the children since that's one of their primary objectives. They wish to prevent the Demon Lord's invasion by any means necessary.

The Security Committee owns all government offices inside the guild. They only offer quests to Wardens and Anomalies. As of now, there are only three 'Wardens' in Fayhelm. Excluding Faith, there is one male and one female. The rest are anomalies who haven't reached S rank yet.

Clan Committee

The clan committee contains the 6 dominant clans in Fayhelm, with each clan appointing their own representative. The only way to join these clans is by invitation. To establish a new clan in Fayhelm, 4 of the 6 clans must approve before it's sent to the Guildmaster for verification. Given this information, there have only been two new clans since the opening of the Guild. While the committee has considerable power, it dwells when compared to the Security Committee. Each clan has its own booth inside the guild. However, the Clan's HQ can be found in the Clan District.

However, as we opened the doors to one of the training rooms, Faith told us her favorite quote:

"The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory."

17