26. Training 101 [Part 1]
770 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join the Discord fam

It's been 24 hours since Sophia told me about the Scythe. Lately, we've been preparing the store for its grand opening. We were planning to give away the leftover inventory from The Glossy Ross since most of the items were C and C+.

However, while Sophia was searching for her replacement Envoy, I was stuck training with Faith in one of the Guild's training rooms. Justine was loving every second of it.

"How does it feel to train like a hero? Do you feel an urge to save the world?" Justine teased.

"Do you feel an urge to not be useless?" I retorted.

"Less Talking, More Pushups! I thought Mayor Ross said you were a Demi-God!" Faith shouted.

Faith stared at me as she continued her 5 minute plank.

Was she really human?

"I think any sane person would prefer not doing 500 Pushups," I joked.

As I continued the Physical part of my...intense training session, I reflected on what I discussed with Justine earlier.

----------------

In response to the revelation from yesterday, Faith and Justine heavily suggested that I train. Faith offered to take me as her apprentice while Justine supplied me with useful information. Ronan was still preparing the shop for its Grand Opening, so I had him draft the plans for the next Magi-Tech creation. This new creation would be called 'Rhino'.

Since I needed to learn more information about combat, Justine started with the foundations: Rank, Class, and Gift.

A person's Class was the designation that determined a person's abilities and fighting style. It's possible to learn things outside of your class, but it'll take longer than usual. Thus, people try to master whatever class they're given. However, if a person isn't suited for combat, it will only display 'Average' as the class. People with an 'Average' Class have no particular talents that make them ideal heroes. The same can also apply to Demons. Demons who have an 'Average' Class are deemed 'unfit for use' by the Demon Lords. If it wasn't for Demon Lord Broggon, most of these 'unfit' demons would be executed at birth. Apparently, this is one of the few things that Lord Broggon and Ogis disagree on.

Getting a 'Gift' is a rare occurrence in Adrios. However, those who receive them enjoy above-average intelligence and/or superior talent. We call these gifted people 'Anomalies'. It's important to note that every Anomaly is different since some are more suited to combat than others. As an example, Faith mentioned a person named Miro.

According to Faith, Miro is one of the few people blessed with Clone Magic. He's the head architect, shipbuilder, and inventor in Fayhelm. He is 27 years old, handsome, and an absolute genius. However, she described Miro as being more of a scientist than a hero. His Clone Magic allows him to make copies of himself, with the caveat being that he splits his magic and intelligence amongst the clones. He could have 10 different clones scattered around Adrios but still think as if he was one. Essentially, he could act as a hive mind.

Finally, 'Rank' measures various factors and outputs a letter grade. Class, Gifts, and Attributes can affect the Rank. As a person gains more experience in their Class, they'll gradually improve over time. 

With that logic, the reason that my rank is so high is due to the legendary status of my Class and Gifts.

Naturally, hearing this information got my attention. After all, I'm still a Sorcerer Of Light.

----------------

[15 minutes later]

"498...499...500!" I said proudly.

As I stood up, Justine threw me a fresh towel.

"Well, I'll be damned! You actually pulled it off!" Justine said.

"Are you sure this is a sorcerer's workout, Faith?" I asked.

"This is your workout. As I said before, Mayor Ross has entrusted me with your actual identities. If you're really the Champion Of Justice, I have an obligation to help you!" Faith said proudly.

"How come Justine doesn't have to train?" I complained.

"I have no authority to boss around a Goddess. If Archbishop Ryfon knew that I ordered around the Goddess Of Justice, he would ban me from the 'Church Of Wonders'. It's the biggest church in Fayhelm with the largest following. They pray to the Goddess Of Justice, among others," Faith said.

"I'm guessing they still pray to Goddess Themy?" Justine asked.

"Correct," Faith said.

"I guess it doesn't matter. Mother will reveal me as the successor, eventually. She'll need to send the church a Divine Message, though," Justine said.

"How does your mother look like, Justine? I don't think I saw a statue of her when I was at your villa. Actually, I don't think I've seen a statue of her anywhere," I said.

"Why didn't you just ask? I have a picture of her in my void storage!" Justine said.

As Justine reached into the void, she pulled out a small photograph and handed it to me.

In the photo was a young woman in her 30s with silver hair, golden accessories, and what looked to be the Sacred Treasure 'Omega'. To put it bluntly, she was quite attractive. In fact, she might've been more attractive than Justine!

"Is this Themy?! Are you sure?!" I asked.

"Why would I give you a photograph of someone other than my mother?" Justine said.

"She looks older than this, right? There's no way she looks this young. When was this taken?" I asked.

"Hm...I think 3 months ago. Why?" Justine asked.

As I placed my hand on Justine's left shoulder, I looked her straight into the eyes.

"I think I'm in love with your mother," I joked.

Naturally, Justine punched me in the face.

However, she didn't seem mad though. She just seemed to be Jealous.

Really, Really Jealous.

At least she didn't summon 'Omega' this time.

I call that Progress.

19