28. Training 101 [Part 2]: Practicing Magic
702 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Enjoy!

After I created a table, Justine spread out the different crystals on it. Each of the 6 crystals seemed to have a distinct color.

"These 6 'Assessment' crystals will allow us to gauge your proficiency in the major branches of magic. Earth, Water, Fire, and Wind magic are some of the most common branches that you'll encounter. However, we'll start with the Light and Dark Magic crystals since you're a Sorcerer Of Light. All you have to do is use the associated obelisk crystal," Justine said.

After I scanned the table, I picked what looked to be the Light Magic Crystal. I could feel the magic inside of it radiating.

"So how do I use it?" I asked.

"It's simple! First, you need to focus your energy into the spell. You've done this before with your Desert Eagle, so try to do the same thing with the crystal. Once the crystal glows, that means your spell is ready to be cast," Justine said.

As I stared at the crystal in my hand, it instantly emitted a blinding light.

"Wow! That's impressive! You really are the legendary hero!" Justine said.

"So what do I do now?" I asked.

"I want you to point the crystal at that golem over there. It's a Reinforced, Adamantite Golem, so it should survive your attacks. When a branch of magic is in your class, you need not say anything to cast it. This is why you could use your Light Magic in the Desert Eagle you created. However, when you try to cast magic that's outside of your class, you must either say the name of the branch or the full name of the spell. For example, to cast a 'Fireball', you could say 'Fire' or 'Fireball'. If you want to cast 'Regenerative Healing', you could say 'Heal' or 'Regenerative Healing'. Obviously, you'll want to become good enough so you don't have to say the full—," Justine said.

"Interesting. Let's try...Lance!" I said.

As soon as I uttered those words, a magic lance appeared in front of me. It was a sharp weapon made of pure Light Magic that levitated in the air. I couldn't believe it.

"Oh Shit!" I said surprised.

"Uh...Ok. I...guess that's to be expected. Now, try to—," Justine said nervously.

"Fireball!" I said.

A small, red magic circle appeared on the tip of the lance. Suddenly, it launched three fireballs towards the Golem.

"I think I'm going to like this!" I said excitedly.

"Uh...Owen?" Justine said.

"Water!" I said.

Suddenly, a blue magic circle was placed on the palm of my hand. A large ball of water slowly emerged.

"Woah," I said.

"What...what are you doing?" Justine said.

"Wind Slash!" I said.

As a white magic circle replaced the red one, the lance emitted several slashes of wind magic towards the Golem.

"Well, I'll be damned...," I said.

"Enlighten me, Owen. How are you doing this?" Justine asked.

"I don't know. I think [Fast Learner] helped, but...I feel like someone else was guiding me. Does that sound weird?" I asked.

"Hmm. Interesting," Justine said.

"Interesting?" I said.

"As you know, we consider Light and Dark Magic to be Primordial Magic. However, if all magic is derived from primordial magic, you must possess a basic proficiency in all magic!" Justine said.

"What does that mean?" I said.

"It means that these crystals are basically useless. Instead of seeing what you can do, we need to improve the potency of your spells. As you gain more practice, you'll be able to cast faster and increase the strength of your spells. However, I think we should head back to the shop. I think you've trained enough today. Excellent work, Owen!" Justine said.

After Justine and I left the training room, we conversed on our way to the shop. Justine's face was beaming.

"You seem happy, Justine. Any reason?" I said.

"It's because my hero is acting like one for once!" Justine said proudly.

As I gave Justine a Head rub, she smiled.

"40% Hero!" Justine said.

"Still 60% Merchant!" I grinned.

There's going to be more Merchant stuff starting next chapter!

19