29. An Afternoon With The God Of Time
718 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Justine and I casually walked, we took in the sights of the beautiful city. As I saw a trader pass by us, I realized a few things. First, I noticed that I spent most of my time in Adrios striving to be a Merchant. However, I realized that this ambition led me to not know much about the Goddess that was walking next to me. I also noticed that ever since I created Ronan, Justine and I haven’t really spent time alone together.

I worked up the courage to ask her a question.

"Justine, can you tell me more about yourself?" I said.

"Oh? That’s unexpected. What prompts the Merchant to ask me such a question?" Justine said.

"I’m just curious. I mean, isn’t it strange for someone to be accompanied by a Goddess?" I said.

"Considering you’re not an average person on the street, no," Justine said.

"But think about it. You’ve been with me for several days, but I don’t really know much about you. For example, I don’t even know what your favorite color is," I said.

"Orange," Justine said.

"What?" I said.

"My favorite color is orange. I also like matte black," Justine said.

"I see you have good taste! Matte black everything!" I said confidently.

"But that stuff is boring. Don’t you want to learn something more interesting? Justine said.

"What did you have in mind?" I asked.

As Justine smiled, she walked towards me and whispered into my ear.

"If I remember correctly, you used to be a member of the Oppai Federation, right? So if you really wanted to know, my cup size is actually an E," Justine teased.

As Justine jumped back, my face became flustered. I wasn’t ready to hear that information.

"Hahahaha! Look at your face! This is priceless! I gotta start teasing you more often!" Justine joked.

"You may have knowledge of his past life, but I would advise a fellow God to use that information wisely. Though, I suppose it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things," a mysterious boy said.

As Justine and I turned around, we noticed a young boy with black hair walking towards us. He wore a white-collared shirt, black suspenders, dress shorts, and a pair of loafers. He couldn't be older than 8.

"Luckily, you're not some huge pervert who flips up women's skirts or sniffs panties, which would make you a Degenerate. You seem to only have a high inclination for Oppai. Otherwise, you wouldn't have been picked to be Adrios' Guardian," the boy said.

"Khelios!" Justine said annoyed.

"Khelios?" I said.

"Greetings, Owen! I've been meaning to talk to you for a while now! The name's Khelios! You haven't heard of me yet, but I'm the Guardian God Of Time!" Khelios said proudly.

"What is that? A joke? You're telling me an 8-year-old boy is the Guardian God Of Time?" I said.

"I think you're off by a few thousand years, Owen. Khelios can shape-shift, so he's taking a more...friendly form," Justine said.

"It's easier to have a conversation with humans when I have a young appearance. I only need my actual form when someone tries to break the rules of time. This form is more efficient, so I've been keen to use this form," Khelios said.

"What do you want, Khelios? Are you ready to apologize for being impartial to the demons?" Justine said.

"I'll tell you the same thing that I told Themy. As the third Primordial God, I'm not allowed to take sides. If I help the Gods, I have to help the Demons and Vice versa. Luckily, I get to serve directly under Father Mayhem, so I don't have to worry about pressure from either side," Khelios said.

"If that's the case, then why are you here?" I asked.

"As you can probably tell from your limited time in Adrios, your dimension seems to be more...Atypical than usual. As the Guardian God Of Time, I watch over 40 different timelines simultaneously. They are what you would call 'Alternate timelines'. My job is to make sure that these timelines follow the correct flow of time. If anyone tries to mess with it, my job is to dispose of them immediately," Khelios said.

"I understand that, but why did you appear before us? I haven't messed with the flow of time," I said.

"Don't worry! You're not in trouble! I'm just interested in talking with the version of Owen who chose to be a Merchant. Most of the Alternate realities have you as the hero, but your path differs vastly from theirs. In fact, you are one of the 8 unique timelines that I have the pleasure of watching. I don't want to confuse you with time-related jargon, so I'll leave it at that. However, I have a few messages for both of you," Khelios said.

"Both of us? What do you mean?" I asked.

"To adjust for Owen's decision to be a Merchant, I have notified Lord Ogis and Broggon of your existence. However, since I'm an impartial God, I haven't disclosed your age, location, or appearance. I told them that the Sorcerer Of Light has finally arrived and possesses the power of Creation. I have also taken the liberty to notify all the major churches across Adrios so they can begin their preparations. Luckily, your very existence will influence a variety of events in this world. And since you are in a unique timeline, the choices you make will also have a lasting effect on the world," Khelios said.

"Tch! You preach about wanting to protect time, but you never try to save the world! Do you know how many people are going to die because lord Ogis knows that Owen exists?" Justine said.

"Do not question the Guardian God Of Time, Goddess Justine. You may be young and naïve, but you're not stupid. You know that my methods are impartial," Khelios said.

"Is that it?" I said confidently.

"Straight to the point, huh? I think I like you, Owen. Then again, you are the newest Guardian. But before I leave, I shall give you a parting gift. A nugget of wisdom," Khelios said.

As Khelios stopped time, he reached into his void storage and pulled out a small bottle of expensive wine. As he gave the bottle to me, I noticed that a note was attached to it.

"Do you know how you can tell a wise man from a foolish one?" Khelios said.

"I'm not sure," I said.

As Khelios smiled at us, he placed his hands into his pockets.

"Only a fool thinks himself wise," Khelios said.

In the blink of an eye, I noticed that time had resumed and Khelios was nowhere to be seen. All that was left was the note on the wine bottle. Against my better judgement, I read the note. It read:

Princess Carnessa Will Be Released From The Scythe.

You don't when, how, or why.

But this bottle of wine could save an entire continent...if you let it.

The question you need to figure out...is how?

21