28.5. Demon Lord Secretaries
728 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Meanwhile, In The Kilaqen Empire]

"Kedro, I'm bored! When is my husband, Ogis, going to finish his meeting with Lord Broggon?" Empress Viessa said.

As Secretary Kedro and Thelsea continued their game of Magic Chess, Thelsea commented on the situation.

"You could always play with us, Empress Viessa. Unlike Kedro and I, you don’t have to multi-task while you play," Thelsea said.

“She’s right. You don’t have to go through the terrifying amount of paperwork that Lord Ogis and Broggon have created in their wake,” Kedro said.

"If only those useless interns didn't get themselves killed. To think they would have the audacity to spy on the Empress when she's changing!" Thelsea said annoyed.

"They are demons. Can you blame them? Ever since Lord Broggon mandated every demon to take a Demi-Human appearance, it's been a race to see who can look the most human. Our beautiful Empress could pass as a human if she didn't have those horns on her head. Then again, it seems like most races in Adrios are trying to become more Demi-Human," Kedro said.

"Unsurprisingly, it's easier to conduct reconnaissance when the demon looks like a human. Lord Broggon is truly a man ahead of his time!" Thelsea said.

"Indeed!" Kedro said.

"I feel like this intern issue is partly my fault. I was supposed to hire new interns, but they can't seem to pass the Trial Of Death. I didn’t really do this often when I was still the Queen of Gekurin," Viessa said apologetically.

“It’s not your fault, Empress! The Trial Of Death weeds out the weak from the strong! The problem is that we can’t find demons who are smart and strong! I never had this problem with the dragon race!” Kedro complained.

“Ah yes. Let’s compare magnificent dragons to demons who thirst for blood and horror every 10 seconds,” Thelsea said sarcastically.

“Hm. Touché!” Kedro said.

“Don't worry, Thelsea! I don’t think you’re like that!” Viessa said confidently.

“That’s right, Empress! As the Succubus Queen, I teach all of my Succubi/Incubi to thirst for more knowledge and power! Therefore, Kedro is about to lose this match!” Thelsea said proudly.

“What?” Kedro said.

As Thelsea swiftly won the game of Magic Chess, Dragon Lord Kedro slammed his fists on the table.

"Dammit! Why do I keep losing!" Kedro shouted.

“Before you complain, I believe you owe me something!” Thelsea taunted.

As the Succubus Queen let out a victorious laugh, Kedro threw 2 Quatinum coins at her.

“Take the bloody coins! You slutty, arrogant bit—!” Kedro said.

“Tsk Tsk Tsk. Is that how you talk to the owner of your favorite brothel? Do you want your favorite Succubus maid to ignore you when you visit her?” Thelsea teased.

"Fuck you!" Kedro shouted.

"When, where, and what time?" Thelsea taunted.

As Thelsea pocketed the glistening coins, she had a large smirk on her face.

"Tch! Arrogant bitch! Your ugly personality destroys your beautiful face! I’m going to go blow off steam! Tell Lord Ogis that I’ll be back soon!" Kedro said annoyed.

As Kedro picked up his paperwork, he stormed out of the room.

“Ah! Come on, Kedro! Don’t be like that! I'll give you a discount at the Succubus Cafe!” Thelsea shouted.

“I think he’s too far away to hear you, Secretary Thelsea,” Viessa joked.

“I suppose you're right. Though, I feel bad for the humans we captured. He's probably going to murder some of them to blow off steam. I mean, Succubi kill humans through sexual activity, but at least both sides benefit,” Thelsea said.

“And yet, you’re just as bad as him. Instead of being sadistic, you chose to be lewd,” Viessa said.

“You know what they say: A succubus gotta do what a succubus gotta do!” Thelsea said smiling.

“No one says that,” Viessa said.

"No one says that...yet!" Thelsea said confidently.

"If you say so," Viessa said.

After Thelsea jumped onto the couch, she got into her famous napping position. Empress Viessa asked her one more question.

"What do you think they're talking about in there?" Viessa asked.

"Oh? You didn't hear? The impartial God named Khelios arrived earlier to give us a warning," Thelsea said.

"The Guardian God Of Time came to personally warn us? Warn us about what?" Viessa asked.

"Apparently, The Sorcerer Of Light has finally arrived. We don't have his location since Khelios considered himself to be impartial. But as the legend predicted, the legendary hero also possesses the power of Creation. In other words, the next Guardian has been born. And he goes by the name of Owen Woods," Thelsea smirked.

Kilaqen's Hierarchy Of Power
1 (Highest) Supreme Demon
2 Demon Lords
3 Demon Lord’s Secretary
4 Lord Commander
5 Royalty (Bloodline Of Supreme Demon/Demon Lords)
6 Generals
7 Lt. Generals
8 Captains
9 Soldiers
10 (Lowest) Citizens
Above is the Hierarchy Of Power that Kilaqen's society follows!

17