Short Announcement [Release Schedule/Sideproject]
522 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
TL;DR: nothing changes. 1+X chapters a week. New sideproject.




Heyo,

Because some people got notifications and asked me about it, I just wanted to clarify those things openly for those, who didn't ask and still wondered. So here is a short rundown:

  • Yeah, I started a second story after/during my hiatus: "Beyond Those Lights". I just posted its first chapter.
  • No, I don't plan on stopping writing this one. I also don't plan on writing even less chapters.
  • The Lone Macaw will stay my "main project".
  • "Next chapter soon (TM)"

For a longer explanation:

The Lone Macaw is a story that is very dear to my heart. One I planned out and thought out over a long time and many different versions. It actually started as a fanfiction idea for Hunter X Hunter, before it became a more generic "steampunk isekai", before it merged with another story idea of mine ("Mountain Shelter", for those ten who were around back then), and finally became this story.

I love the core idea of the story and the characters, but knowing the theme and the ending can also make writing more tedious. I can't just go and do what I want. There is enough wiggle room to make the volumes and scenes different while writing them, but I can't just go and do cool stuff just because I thought about it. Be it the usual harem discussion, overpowered one-on-one fights (or even tons of fights overall), or just certain themes that wouldn't fit in this story. I want to stay on track with this story and don't add "additional ballast" to make the reading experience the best I can give you right now.

I think a lot of hobby writers will agree, that writing a story can be a bit like learning for exams. The more you want to focus on one thing, the more your brain wants to do other things. The typical "let me clean my room first" before learning, or for writers the usual "but there is this really cool story idea I want to work on instead". And just like people often get answers or ideas while doing something completely different (your typical idea in the shower or while working out), concentrating too much on one thing can just harm the final product.

 

The Lone Macaw will be a long-running series. We are talking years, after all. Probably the longest story I'll write (and maybe even the only one with that length). And I want to complete it without souring on it. Hence I decided to start a "less serious" side-project. LitRPG, Harem, Battle School, with a less "whining/thoughtful" MC. In short, something where I can just throw all the "cool but stupid ideas" in and have fun, writing a chapter without planning ahead or anything. And while it will surely take away from my overall writing time, I still believe, that I'll get an overall better experience out of it. Both for me writing - and in turn - hopefully also for you readers.

 

In short (after a way too long text): Lone Macaw will stay with its weekly chapters (and the additional ones for the backlog), while I will throw out chapters for my side project whenever I feel like it. Those might be more numerous at times, but it doesn't mean that it takes priority. Just as a comparison: a "normal chapter" of The Lone Macaw costs me somewhere from 5 to 10 hours based on the chapter, the planning around it, etc. My first chapter for the side project took me 3. Because it's a different style of writing, more action-oriented, and I have to care less about "Volume 10 and its set-ups".

So, nothing to fear. The Macaw will keep flying =)
Lost

18