Chapter 32 – Uncontrollable
1.1k 4 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The heart entered her mouth and caressed her lips with its rich flavour. Princess took pleasure in swallowing it and closed her eyes to enjoy the fragrance, the texture, and the taste. She licked her fingers and moaned in satisfaction.

The broadcast turned into static as everything returned to silence.

"You'll be busy now," Princess glanced at the darkness around her and said.

"Please take care of yourself," Paleknight said, its voice echoing throughout the room.

Princess smiled and walked to the throne, allowing Angelica to clean her while she viewed the battle of City D-34. It stood tall, but the storm of the Arachna was taller. They flooded the crumbling wall with corpses and forged their way into the city. The aerial Arachna spread their insectoid wings and shrouded the city with crackling noises. The line of defence retreated until it couldn't.

"The city is finished," Angelica said.

"We'll have to see if he has the same plan as me." Princess turned to Angelica, wearing a stern expression. "If anything happens, stick with me."

Angelica nodded before Shifting Mist violently trembled. It threw Angelica out of her balance, but Princess seized her before she fell. The explosion of the outside echoed into the room, filling the atmosphere with tension.

"Be careful. We're on thin ice now," Princess said.

She stared at the screen where the androids on the wall retreated into the inner section of the city. The Arachna invaded the outer ring and crushed the defence force.

"What should we do?" Angelica looked around.

"We wait for the opportunity."

The Arachna flooded the city, but Exsupero the automaton fortress blocked their advance with its overwhelming firepower. The lesser Arachna fell under the bombardment along with a large portion of the wall.

"He's desperate." Princess commanded the Overseers and other army-graded Arachna to move.

The C-graded tide crept toward City D-34, unaltered by any external factors. The bombardments of the fortress could only kill the cannon fodders while the strong used their exotic means to survive.

The aerial Arachna crowded the sky and disrupted the battle. They tore the turrets, killed the humans, and interfered with the Arbiters, forcing the automaton fortress to deviate its energy to help the crumbling line of defence.

"Arrogance causes downfall," Princess said. "The one who reveals last is the winner."

Angelica leant on Princess's shoulder. Her breathing slowed. The disruption from the outside turned into blissful music. The random fluctuation of Fons became a cooling wind and filled the room with tranquillity and silence.

"Wake up," a voice called. "It's already morning."

Angelica shifted in her bed before slowly opening her eyes, the pale bedsheet tangling her body. Her sister stood over her with a weary expression.

"Isn't today a free day?" Angelica said.

"Don't you remember the promise?"

"The garden?" Angelica perked up. "I'm going."

In a flash, she rushed into the shower, brushed her teeth, dried her hair, and dressed up. "Sis, I'm ready."

Her sister nodded before taking her hand and guided her out of the bedroom. Along the way, they met other sisters going in and out of their resting chambers. Though they all dressed in the same pale white gown, everyone had a strange, unique aura around them.

"Congrats to your graduation," one sister said. "I'm envious of you."

"Thanks, I'm just a little lucky."

"Are you going away?" Angelica said, her hand tightening the grip.

"I've studied hard. The Board of Science deems me worthy. I'm leaving soon."

"I'll miss you."

"Don't worry. I'll get you out when I'm ready. It won't be long."

"I promise I'll work hard. "

The sister smiled. "Stay here obediently. I'll come back when it's time."

Angelica shook her head and glanced at the scenery on the side. The garden around her filled her gloomy mind with happiness. As she was enjoying her time, she bumped into her sister's frozen body before she peeked out and saw a group of adults donned in black suits, their features concealed beneath the sunglasses and black hats.

"Didn't you say I still have time?" the sister said.

"Please come with us. One of the Founders wants to see you." The man pulled the sister. Angelica didn't let go and tugged her back.

They walked to Angelica, but her sister stopped them. "Angelica, let go of me."

"But—"

"Be a good girl and wait here. Remember what I told you?" She shook Angelica's hand away before yanking her hand from the man. With a smile on her face, she followed them into a faraway place.

Angelica stood in silence. She looked around but found no solution. After a moment that lasted an eternity, she took a step forwards.

"Be careful." A hand caught her. "We might have some problems."

Princess gripped the arm of the throne. The battle outside shook the ground. From the external camera, she saw great destruction—landscapes razed, forests burnt, sky blackened.

The explosions rang. The floating screen flashed as countless lights glowed from City D-34 and expanded into the burning sun. It blinded the Overseers and burnt the Arachna within the city. The automaton fortress turned crimson-red as it began its self-destruction process.

Above the city, the sunlight faded. An enormous cloud emerged from the horizon and blocked the orange hue. It obstructed the sky with its structure and looked down on all living beings. A mighty roar echoed as the dragon screamed its fury. Its featherless wings flapped and generated a typhoon, stopping the Arachna tide and preventing the destruction of the city.

The soundwave traversed outward across Sector D. Its energy disordered the environment and interrupted all machinery, agitating Fons and scattering radio signal. It entered and passed through Shifting Mist, causing no visible surface damage yet destroying most of the Fons-based device.

Another earthquake struck. The blast blew the entrance of Shifting Mist apart, its transmitted aftershock shredding the engines. It threw Princess from her throne, though she landed without any injury. She looked at the overheated cube before turning to Angelica who collapsed without any warning.

"Angelica?" Princess narrowed her eyes. "Answer me!"

"Mistress . . ." Angelica said, her voice muffled. She grabbed her head and screamed, her expression distorted.

"System, what happens?"

System overloaded. Insignificant energy to repair. Inference field generator damaged. Exterior shell damaged.

"Really?" Princess gritted her teeth and struck Angelica's chest. Her punch broke her carapace and created a dent on Angelica's body. She endured the pain and disarmed Angelica before piercing her hand into the internal circuit.

Fons emerged from her fingers and invaded Angelica. It seeped into the circuit and attempted to cut the connection between Angelica and the unknown master.

"Endure for a bit." Princess couldn't restrain Angelica from twisting in pain. Her wails resounded throughout the vessel.

"Mistress," Angelica whispered. "Shut me down."

Princess ignored her words and tried again. The blood dripped from her hand into the circuits, creating sparks. She withstood it without any complaint.

"He's coming," Angelica muttered. "Sis, where are you? I'm scared."

She panted and struggled. Princess restrained her by blocking the circuit with her Fons and stimulated the powerless state while providing the necessary Fons to sustain her awareness.

"The garden . . . I want to go to the garden." Angelica's voice switched from loud to soft, deep to sharp.

"Be a good girl and wait." Princess attempted her third try, though she expected the same result. She was prolonging the inevitable by forcing Angelica into the self-perseverance mode.

"I want to see the world from above," Angelica mumbled again.

"I'll help you, but—" A crack sounded.

A dainty maiden burst the metallic door open and stepped into the room. Her crystal-clear eyes darted around and converged at Princess. Her ethereal wings, tainted by injuries, swayed along with the small breeze she exuded.

"Found you," the Spirit said. "Now die."

She flicked her hand and shot a pink petal towards Princess. It broke through space and traversed across the distance at the speed faster than sound. Princess raised her hand to block, but it had already reached her before she could move. It stopped in front of her forehead as a pale hand caught it.

"Running away?" Paleknight taunted. Its body remained largely unscathed.

"If I'm hellbent on killing her, what can you do?" The Spirit revealed a cheerful smile, contrasted only by the blood-red presence she radiated.

"Your highness, please stand behind me."

Paleknight took a step forwards. Its silhouette distorted and disappeared. It clashed with the Spirit, producing countless sparks and aftershocks. Its Fons overwhelmed the Spirit, but its quality was lower than hers.

Inside Angelica, a tiny bit of Fons stirred under the agitation and exploded. Her circuit heated up and melted, sending electricity flying.

"What's going on?" Princess jumped from the burn but forced herself to switch hand and to endure it. "Damn it."

The moment she stopped supplying Fons to Angelica would be the moment she died. Her eyes darted around the room. The system remained silent. She was left alone at the mercy of extraordinary beings.

Her plan seemingly failed because she played with fire again.

"You like that android," the Spirit said. "If you suicide right now, I promise I'll take care of her."

"Paleknight, kill that thing," Princess shouted, her voice trembling.

"I'm sorry your highness, but if I go overboard, it will attract the attention of those from high above."

"Why should I care? Kill her now!" her deep, crackling voice exploded.

"Such a vile little one," the Spirit said. "So reckless and immature. What is the use of saving her?"

"If you know your place, don't force my hand." Paleknight knocked its spear against the floor.

"I won't kill her. I'll let her watch that thing dies. She should live and suffer from that."

Paleknight rushed forth and exchanged blows after blows with the Spirit, sending the vessel sundered and leaving Princess unable to do anything except praying for Fate.

"Hahaha . . ." Her eyes dimmed, she laughed but didn't pray.

This is the last chapter before the Adventum Competition ends. Thank you, everyone, for reading this chapter. If you like my content, please support me by favouriting and commenting. If you wish to see more, you can support me on my Patreon and unlock a few advanced chapters!

35