Chapter 2 – Battle of Sisters
47 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nanaha opened the door to Raaja’s room. No one was there. Just an empty bed and a hollow room. She turned around and opened Ahura’s room. No one was there as well.         

Even if she pondered as to where they might be, she was at least relieved to find that she didn’t encounter their corpses yet.

Lastly, Nanaha went to the door that was located at the end of the hallway. Pressing the handle down she opened the door and peered into the room. There stood someone with short blue hair. Her back facing Nanaha. But from her stature and dark blue clothes. It wasn’t hard for Nanaha to identify her.

“Sis!” 

But a little bit of observation could tell that Raaja’s eyes were towards her parent’s bed. Their father and mother were in bed, sleeping. Or so it looked like it to Nanaha at first. Further inspection revealed that blood dripped down from their bedsheet. And her father’s eyes were open and his face was pale. 

Nanaha’s eyes shifted back to Raaja when noticing that she had turned around towards her direction. That moment revealed thatRaaja’s hands that were soaked in dark red liquid as well as the front of her clothes which red colors had splattered upon.

Are those blood? No no no. I can’t believe this!

“So you’ve come, Nanaha. I’ve been waiting for you, actually” said Raaja with a soft voice.

“Waiting for- Y-you, you did this? You did all of this?!” raged Nanaha with a fierce look directed towards her sister.

Raaja gave a dazed nod and made eye contact with her.

“It’s over Nanaha. I’ve sent them away into a temporary slumber. Let’s just hope that their souls will reincarnate into the hosts of people who may be destined to become…less troublesome” said Raaja with a soothing voice.

Those words felt like nothing but useless sounds to Nanaha’s ears. She shook her head attempting to wake herself up from this horrid nightmare. 

“Nanaha”

When she opened her eyes Raaja widened her arms, inviting Nanaha for an embrace. But Raaja’s bloody clothes and her hellishly red hands prevented her from approaching her sister.

“Y-you, you sick bitch! Why did you do all this?”

Nanaha gritted his teeth and aimed her electrogun towards Raaja. Seeing as how her seductions could not win Nanaha over Raaja sighed and spoke:

“Our father, Ichihara. He had to go. The empire that he built, the state that he ruled. It all sickens me to the core. No, all of those who rule another equal man under their foot disgusts me. It is unacceptable”.

“Y-you idiot. W-why didn’t you just t-talk to him about it?” yelled Nanaha.

“I tried. But the man of ego, the man of greed that he is, our father declined my views. He laughed at me and kept yammering about how it wouldn’t be profitable to our family, the state. And all the pathetic excuses tyrants and dictators come up with” said Raaja with scorn in her voice as she looked at her own dead parents with delight.

“But you shouldn’t have killed them. Have you gone insane? They are your parents!” yelled Nanaha with a desperate voice.

Raaja laughed then gazed at the eternally sleeping man and woman on the bed with a somber look. 

"Yes, it is true that I had become attached to them. But it wasn't that hard to commit such an act. Even if they had raised me and fed me, they still don't get to own my soul" said Raaja enthusiastically.     

"Y-you're crazy! H-how could you just take all of their lives and act so goddamn numb" hissed Nanaha at the top of her voice. 

Tears started to crawl down over Nanaha's cheeks. Yet they did not change the burning hatred within her eyes. Raaja looked at her sister, giggled and spoke:    

“My silly little sister. Death is just a temporal sleep. They should be glad. Not everyone gets the chance to be killed by their beloved daughter. Imagine being beheaded by an angry, ruthless mob. If the ones who were oppressed decided to rally against the king, our family would have been skinned alive. Even if I didn’t do this. Someone else would ” said Raaja without care. 

“Y-you don’t know that! And why…why couldn’t you find any other way?!” said Nanaha with a shivering body.   

“I’m just…following my awareness. Following where the wind of existence takes me. And do you know what the wind tells me?”

Nanaha raised her eyes towards her sister to realize that Raaja was looking at her with her deadly crimson eyes. She stretched her arm towards Nanaha and opened the palm of her hand. A circle formed within Raaja's palm and a dragon seal appeared in it.

Nanaha saw this. Even if it was a few times in her life, she saw what her sister was capable of. And this seal would not be aimed at someone unless she aimed to kill them.

“Death Blaze” chanted Raaja.

Nanaha turned around and ran as she yelled:

‘Portegius soulo”

A blue light glittered from her body as she sprinted out of the room. Dragon shaped crimson flame bursted out through the door. It slammed into Nanaha’s back with its fangs.

“Aghhhhh”

The flames pushed her forward and she rolled on the ground in pain when she landed. But looking back towards the burnt down door and hallway, she saw that her blue orb was somehow intact, it floated above the doorsill as if to avoid the flames with its instincts.

With her mind, Nanaha summoned the sphere to her side. The sphere quickly flew and arrived at her side and leaned onto her burnt back.  Regardless of the defensive magic, she had enchanted on herself, Raaja’s flames had burnt her clothes and grilled her back.

Raaja walked out of the room elegantly as she gave Nanaha a vixen like smirk. Nanaha grabbed the electro gun which was on the floor next to her and started shooting relentlessly.

Raaja did not do anything. She got hit by the first bullet which penetrated through her arm and electrocuted it. The second bullet hit her abdomen and shocked her whole body. Losing her strength Raaja fell to the floor on her knees. The third bullet pierced through her forehead. That should have taken her out but soon Raaja’s figure turned into flames and she disappeared into nothingness.

A flame clone? Darn, I hate those. thought Nanaha as she waited for the real Raaja to appear. But just then she heard a flame within her left side and instinctively raised her hand.

Raaja’s fist which was covered in lava hit Nanaha’s forearm with a ton of force. She could feel her muscles ache and bones crack at the impact of the punch. Nanaha wobbled a few steps towards her right but she turned to face Raaja quickly.

She started blasting the electric bullets towards Raaja but she jumped into the air to avoid the volley. Raaja rolled in the air plummeted down towards Nanaha. She cracked a kick towards her but Nanaha ducked to dodge it and ran away.  

Raaja aimed her palm at her back and shouted:

“Death Blaze!”.

The dragon-shaped flames that emerged from her hand rushed towards its target, burning the walls and the floor in its path. Nanaha was quick to jump over the wooden railing to avoid the flame wave and landed on the first floor.

2