Chapter 6 – Meeting of Masters
37 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--------
Time was ticking, without a ruler, The Kingdom of Gran Riquiza could very much be in chaos. The neighboring countries too might use the chance to invade their nation as well. Fearing that outcome, the news of the king’s death was hidden. The policemen who were notified of the situation were under surveillance and were recruited to work under the government.      

So as to decide upon the next leader the council gathered on the fateful day of October 11th . The ten leading council members sat around the round table and looked at one another grimly. Until a middle aged man with soft eyes and a shining face spoke: 

“Alright boys. From one to ten…how fucked are we?”

“Goddarn it Raspalt, this is serious.” yelled Grisma the bald headed member.

“Hey you’re the people who are sitting silently as if you yourselves finished off the king themselves. Speak up. We have to discuss the issue fast and quick” said Raspalt with a playful tone as he stroked his mustache.

“While I do want to scold Raspalt for his sarcastic yet alarming accusations I would like you to direct the attention to the poll that was taken from the citizens of Gran Riquiza a year ago.” said Furihata the white bearded old man as he clicked on the button of the small remote that he was carrying.

The giant screen that was placed at their side lighted into life and displayed statistics.                         

“It is the latest survey regarding the matter of rulership. And I’m afraid we won’t be able to take the survey again as it most likely will take time and reveal the death of the emperor.” said mister Furihata as he looked at the list.  

The statistics list showed the following numbers. 

Total of 300 million votes from 400 million citizens. 

1. Raaja Ruichi – Age 28            -    62 million votes
2. Aluha Ruichi. – Age 25         -     42 million votes 
3. Yamada Urihara. – Age 40 -      30 million votes
4. Willhelm Troy.  – Age 42 -         29 million votes
5. Nanaha Ruichi.   – Age 23 -       25 million votes        
6. Kazuo Furihata – Age – 68 -      24 million votes
7. Raspalt Feodorivich – Age 43 - 19 million votes
8. Grisma Jakael – Age 45 - 15 million votes  

“Emperor Endo’s eldest daughter Raaja, she was truly something else wasn’t she?” said Fiero, one of the youngest member of the council.

“Yup, unfortunately, she was too much of something else. Look what she did to her family members” said Raspalt as he casually took a candy from the box placed nearby.

“Well, with the two heirs murdering their own parents I believe you may have the highest chance of attaining to the throne, mister Urihara” said Furihata with a smile.

“It would be a pleasure. I certainly will fulfill my uncle’s shoes well and continue his conquest to create the Golden Empire if I ever wear the throne and sit on the king’s chair” said Urihara elegantly.

“Well, as far as the council members are concerned, you might be our best bet. But Nanaha, the king’s daughter. It is surprising how she is so popular amongst the crowd” said Raspalt with wonder.

“Don’t tell me, the people are fond of her solely because she is the daughter of the king? With all the council’s efforts at pushing democracy, I presumed that the people would surely change their oldschool attitude” said Willhelm with a smile.

“It’s not just because of blood. Nanaha’s well known for the deeds she has done throughout her time during the police force. And despite being in the police force her name has never been tainted. The emperor and the police force was smart enough to let her have duties that don’t taint her image to the masses. And she herself appeared on tv and gave reports on the successful cases” reported Furihara. 

“But it still does not warrant such high opinion from the masses. Most of us have been in state duties for decades. Aluha himself was in charge of international communications. And Raaja was a respected general. And at that age too” said Grisma.

“Yes, that is true. But more than that…she has a Cutetube channel where she uploads podcasts and plays video games” said Furihata.

The council became silent and looked at one another with bland eyes.

“Seriously?” asked Grisma with a frown.

“Yeah I saw some of her videos too. They’re kinda cute” said Fiero.

“Well, popularity is power, regardless of contexts” said Yamada casually.

“And popularity from the entertainment industry might even be better of a power in some ways. Seeing as how we’re so serious and lifeless on tv and often accused of being corrupt tax devourers with no soul. Compared to us, she looks far more lively.” said Raspalt sarcastically.

“Bah. Well, it’s good that we never made the results of this survey public, she never got to know that she was on the list of possible candidates for the king. Otherwise, we would-“ started Grismo but he was interrupted by the knocking on the door.

“I thought we made it clear to the guards that there should be no interruptions” said Grismo angrily 

Fiero got up, ran over to the door and opened it to greet a surprising set of guests.

“Hello, mind if we join in” said Heinessen as he tipped his hat and entered the room.

“What kind of a lowlife like you doing in here? Can’t you see that we’re having an important meeting” said Grismo angrily towards the policeman.

“I suppose I am a lowlife when it comes to your standards that is. But I don’t think you’ll be able to say that to the lady who has arrived here with me”

Nanaha put her head into the room first before walking into the room bashfully.

1