Chapter 14- Awareness defeats Brainwashing
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The four policemen glanced at one another behind their masks.

“I don’t think…something like that exists.” said Nanaha grimly.

The old man let out a loud belly laughter. He looked at Nanaha softly and spoke:

“You are not centered within yourself. That is why you feel miserable. Your mind is miserable, it is always miserable because it is constantly hankering for something in the past or something in the future. If you’re identified with your mind you will not find happiness. Because the mind exists in the past and the future. Sure, there is hope in the future, there is nostalgia in the past. But those are just pain disguised as pleasure.

When you are hoping something would happen tomorrow it feels like there is some happiness. But soon you realize all of that was a lie and despair comes. Nostalgia is the same. The past seems so familiar and welcoming yet you can never bring it to the present moment. The mind is just a tool of memorization and imagination. But that’s it. It is nothing more than that. Giving more value to it than that is probably humanity’s greatest mistake.              

But there are moments in your life that you are genuinely happy in the present moment.   When you are centered, you are blissful, it happens. But those moments are rare. And when you realize that you are happy, that you are blissful, the happiness simply flies away. Just like the wind, it comes and goes. And the more you try to grab it the more you will fail and become disappointed. Because the desire to be happy is a barrier to happiness itself.”

The crowd became silent. Maitreya looked at the four masked policemen with his void-like irises.

“Sir, you have something against the mind? You speak as if our mind is our greatest threat. Despite the obvious fact that it’s our strongest tool” said Heinessen.

Maitreya’s eyes widened and he spoke:

“Yes, that is true. The mind is humanity’s strongest tool. Animals don’t think but humans do. Humanity invented a lot of things thanks to it. But mind itself is just a tool. Or it should be just a tool but we have got so attached to this tool. We have become identified with it. If right now, I ask you where you are, you will point to your head. You will say - ‘I am here. I am the head and this head which is me, controls every other part of my body.’

This is not true. This is not true at all. You are not your mind, you are not even your body. But at least your body is real, it exists. But the mind is just nothing but voices of the past. It is conditioning of the past. And I’m not saying that thoughts don’t help. It does help. Without it you wouldn’t be able to remember anything of the past. It is a good tool.

But right now, you are not using this tool. This tool is using you instead. How many of your thoughts are for utilitarian purposes? Very few. You daydream too much, you think too much. Really you shouldn’t call your thoughts thoughts. You should call them dreams instead. Thoughts are just a civilized manner of dreaming.  

And dozens of different dreams and desires are pulling you towards different directions throughout the day. It is just a thick fog. You have lost all awareness. And because of that, the state had to restrict the number of vehicles that can be controlled manually. Now only cops and special forces have their own cars. The citizens don’t have their own vehicles unless they are trained very well. And I don’t blame them because lots of traffic accident-related injuries and death kept on happening before this. Because of your sleepiness, unawareness.

And now the state has full power over your lives. You can’t even travel to the place you want without public transportation. This is not good, this is bad. Now you can’t even drive a car. You’re becoming more and more incompetent. And it’s such a convenience to the state. They’ll say they will take care of everything. And slowly and slowly they take away all your freedom and you lose all your capabilities.

As far as tyrants are concerned, the lack of private vehicles is good. You people becoming more incapable is good. Then you will depend on the state. And the state will have the right to own you. And I am not talking about all of this just to be political. Everything leads back to awareness and meditation.

Aside from finding the truth of this world, meditation also has its own benefits. You will be free from your unconscious, your drowsiness, your hatred, anger and ego.  And the one who is free from all that garbage can work to make this land a paradise. In fact, if the people of this world were more meditative then bringing the whole of humanity together and creating one world, one nation wouldn’t even be a hard thing to do.

But right now, you are all asleep. You may hear me talk about world peace and unification of nations and you may nod your head. But after you leave, you will be conditioned again by the society. The kings and politicians go on hammering on your head about how you should sacrifice yourself for your own nation, how you should hate and belittle other nations.

And you have so much hidden anger and hatred within you. And the ego within you wants to yell out - “My country is the greatest. The blood that runs in my blood is better than your blood”. Even if every blood is liquid and every blood is red, you’ll find some way to be superior. Ego is strengthened when it pushes down others. The politicians and the dictators will help you channel all your ego and hatred towards SaintTerrians or the Oendanshires or any other country.

0