5: The Goblin Village
2.3k 11 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Fig, what have you done?” An elder goblin, with a gray beard and a walking stick hobbles forward from the crowd behind you. His voice is what you’d expect from a seventy-plus-year-old man. There is worry in his tone, but he does not shout or cry. ”Do you have any idea what Rogzor will do to us when he finds out his son was murdered?”

“Yes!” An elder goblin woman shouts. She already has gray hairs showing amongst her red locks, you remember her hiding a goblin child before the fighting broke out. “You’ve put us all at risk! I have to take my son away from here while I can!”

“You can’t,” another woman warns her neighbor. “Have you forgotten what happens to the workers that run away and roam freely?”

“What am I supposed to do? Sit here and wait for my family to be slaughtered?”

“That’s right,” another goblin shouts. “Fig, you were only thinking only about yourself! Did you even consider what would happen to everyone else?”

“How dare you all!?” Petunia steps in. “You all watched that scum drag me away and did nothing! All this time you’ve let Ragbazar abuse the weak, do as he pleased, and you just hoped you weren’t going to be next! Cowards! The lot of you! This entire village doesn’t have the half of courage that my brother had!”

“Petunia, that’s enough” Fig places his hand on the girl’s shoulder. You heard her voice tremble and can see that she was about to break down in tears. “Ragbazar was a menace. But they were right to be scared. Not of him, but of his father. Even your brother…”

Fig pauses in silence for a moment and lowers his head. Then he raises it high again, steps forward, and says,” I’ll take responsibility for this and fight Rogzor myself. No one else needs to be involved.”

“Alone!?” Petunia asks in shock. “You can’t! Even Talian could not take him on, and he—"

“Now things are different! Now we have a weapon that can oppose Rogzor’s strength!”

Fig raises you into the air. He does not have your power boost anymore, but you feel his grip a little bit surer than the first few times.

“Yes, your fight just now was impressive,” the elder goblin speaks in a surprisingly calm voice amidst all the agitation. “But you have to remember—Ragbazar and his father are on completely different levels power-wise. Ragbazar could barely classify as a D-ranked warrior. Rogzor is said to be amongst the strongest C-rankers.

“I’m not saying it’s going to be easy,” Fig says. “But he’s not due back for weeks. I will train relentlessly to prepare for the fight. If I can increase my chances by even a single percent, I will do it. I’ve started this—I’m going to finish this also!”

/Well, look at you. A hero, eh? I’ll support you… For now./ you say to Fig telepathically. /Now why don’t you take me through this little village of yours. I want to see who and what we’ll be fighting for./

Squeezed out some time to write a short little aftermath after the battle. Another chapter coming up today and will be with the poll once we've spent some time in this little village :)

P.S. Write up in the comments suggestions for what the sword is called. Will create a poll to vote on the name :)

65