11: A Passionate Young Goblin.
1.6k 27 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A short little interaction that kind of wrote itself. No poll on this one as I've just tried to explore a bit who these two particular goblins are. :)

Next chapter on 28th 5pm pst.

“It’s talking!” the blue-tinted goblin screams while pointing at you. When Fig collapsed from exhaustion you slid off his back and are now on the ground next to him. “It’s really talking!”

“No way!” Dokloram, the tall, dark-green, slightly muscular goblin, yells. “Fig, since when are you a prankster? Who put you up to this? Flin? Snuggle? Come out here!”

“They sound nothing like it!” Gilk continues to scream.

/While I do not know how Flin and Snuggle sound like, I can assure you that I am neither of them!/

“You see?” now Dokloram points at the sword while arguing with Gilk.

“See what? A talking sword?!”

/Correct! And if you’re supposed to be the farmers’ lookouts, then I have to inform you that you’re woefully lacking./

“Wait, what the hell do you mean by that?” Gilk jumps up, his shock instantly turned to anger. “I’ll have you know that I’ve killed two wolves already in just the two weeks I’ve been on the lookout! And Dok here, has single-handedly driven off a warg!”

/A greenhorn rookie. The previous lookout got killed, I presume?/

“Uh...” Gilk gulps.

“Yes,” Dokloram’s face turns serious.

/It is sad that the village is resorting to putting children on such a dangerous job—/

“Nobody resorted to anything!” Gilk passionately interrupts your telepathic speech. “I volunteered!”

“We couldn’t talk him out of it,” Fig speaks up, having recuperated enough to be able to stand up and talk again.

“Talian grew as strong as he did on lookout duty!” Gilk yells and clenches his fist. “I’m going to become just as strong as him so that I can protect the village!”

So many willful and passionate young goblins...

/I take it Dokloram, you’re doing the best you can to keep this kid alive?/

Dokloram doesn’t answer and turns away, looking around.

“He’s not keeping me alive!” Gilk yells. “I killed that wolf with my own hands when it was about to attack him from behind!”

/You’re a young kid who’s way overeager, with about as much muscle on you as Petunia. You’re not only going to get yourself killed, but Dokloram too if he has to constantly watch over you./

“Why youu... Fig! Where did you find this dumb sword?”

/Dumb? Listen here kid—/

“Yes, you heard me, dumb! Big, dumb and ugly too!”

“Gilk,” Dokloram steps closer and puts his hand on Gilk’s shoulder trying to calm him down.

“Let go!” Gilk shrugs off his shoulder from Dokloram’s palm and steps closer to you and Fig. “Who the hell you think you are!? Coming here, acting all high and mighty, talking like you know any of us! I’m protecting this village! I’ll risk my life for any of my friends! For anyone in the village! Just like Talian! What did you do? You know nothing about me!”

“Gilk, it’s alright, we hear you. Calm down.” Fig says in a calm voice, gesturing with both his hands for Gilk to lower his voice.

“I… I’m really trying,” Gilk’s voice trembles and you see a tear in his eye. “I know I’m small and weak. But that will change! You’ll see! One day I’ll be even stronger than Talian!”

“I know, I know,” Fig says quietly while he slowly walks closer to Gilk and then hugs him.

“I really miss, him,” Gilk cries.

“Me too, buddy, me too.”

47