Chapter 20 – The Departure
47 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I felt within a month I would be able to breakthrough to Devil Knight. My understanding of Soul Dao and Devil Dao were both at the requisite level to advance.

The only thing for me to do is slowly acclimate the amount of Devil qi in my veins. Then I would push all the Devil qi coursing in my body into my heart forming a Devil Heart.

"So what are your interests, Holly? We are engaged, we might as well get to know each other," I said.

"I enjoy traveling, fancy clothes, enormous mansions, nice carriages, and swimming," said Holly.

"Swimming seems weird for you. Why do you enjoy swimming," I said.

"I am a Water Dao practitioner. Swimming helps me get closer to my Dao," said Holly.

"I've always enjoyed swimming since I was a child. Don't you remember the time we spent together as children in a pool."

"I remember that you were much better than me. Swimming wasn't on the list of things this young noble had mastered," I said.

Holly laughed.

"You're a funny devil, James. I've enjoyed the time we have spent together the last few days," said Holly.

"I have as well, you are excellent company when you aren't arrogantly proclaiming for me to cancel our marriage," I said.

"Honestly, we can cancel it now, you are not so detestable to me, this young noble is a bachelor. This young noble should do bachelor things, not being engaged to marry!"

Holly was at a loss. She was the one to ask for the arraignment to be canceled! When did it become his turn? She had grown fond of him now; he was more fun to be around than that duchy prince was. She decided she'd go mum on canceling the marriage for now.

"I might like you, James," said Holly as an enchanting smile appeared on her face.

"You do?" I said.

I reached closer to Holly for a kiss. This young noble caught a beauty!

The two enjoyed their first kiss together.

"You can stay around this young noble," I said.

Holly giggled, "You're so full of yourself James. Why do you always refer to yourself as this young noble?"

"It is paramount for a young noble to be arrogant. I have a dream of being surrounded by many beauties and many strong lackeys," I said.

"Only then can I be a proper young noble. It has been my goal since youth to become the most respected young noble."

"I once saw a Rez'gal prince visit our Hudson Estate when I was young. He was a young noble that everyone had to give respect to. Ever since then I've trodden the same path."

"Young nobles need lackeys, status, and money. The only way I can reach my goal of being a young noble and no longer behest to others is to train hard."

"So I train hard every day hoping to have true freedom. To go where I please doing what I want as a young noble should!"

I had shared my hopes and dreams with this beauty. Sharing a very intimate part of myself made me feel close to her.

"What a pleasant dream, James," said Holly.

Holly and I enjoyed each other's company very much. This was my first time feeling the strings of love.

~~~

The dog prince's life wasn't anywhere near as good. He stayed a dog a whole month before changing back. When he complained to his clan, they told him they couldn't afford to offend anyone that could change him and his entire entourage into dogs for a month.

That was an elder being lenient in punishing the younger generation. He silently vowed he'd get revenge on James one day.

~~~

The throbbing pain was enough to disorient me. Sweat was pouring on my forehead. I must get this right. If I fail I die! Listen to your body…

'Accept the Devil within you… Devil qi endlessly overflowing through my veins… With Soul as my Dao I secure the Devil Heart… From this pact my Devil Heart is born!'

I broke through to the Devil Heart realm with my understanding of Soul Dao and the overflowing Devil qi within my veins. As the new stronger Devil qi began flowing through me, my body expelled many impurities.

My body was strengthened, and I forged my Devil Heart. I could now live up to 600 years as a Devil Knight. I quickly wiped myself off and got used to the extra power brimming within me.

I had spent two months of closed-door devilry endlessly refining my Devil qi to break through to this level. This was the longest I had ever spent training!

Now that I'm a Devil Knight, Mikael can't bully me! This young noble will go around doing young noble things!

I formally cleaned myself up and then went to my living room to spend time with Holly.

"I'm proud of you James, after working so hard all month you broke through!" said Holly.

The love birds had connected well this month in the hut and James finally broke through to the Devil Knight realm.

"I must return to my clan James, it's not good for an unwed devil to be cohabiting with a man," said Holly

"Follow me to the administration office. I'll get you a carriage to my parents' house from there. My house's chief butler Azon will ensure you make it home safe," I said.

"Thanks for understanding James" said Holly as she kissed him again.

"Anything for my little wife," I said.

"You must work hard to break into the Baron realm before 25, otherwise my father will look down on you," said Holly as she left me.

Holly and I parted ways. Afterward, I got a new badge to put on my vest that said, Devil Knight. I was proud of myself. Not a care in the world.

"Little cousin, I see you've been living with a beauty for the past month. If you hadn't broken through to become a Devil Knight, I would have dragged you out myself," said Mikael.

"You aren't thinking just because you are an initial-Knight that you have any say around here, do you? I'll let you know your older cousin has already broken through to high-Knight. You must work hard if you do not want to be left behind, little cousin."

I had a splash of icy water on my face. My cousin was a devilry mad man! How was I supposed to keep up with him if he never slowed down, breaking through realms?

~~~

Who told his cousin to be a reincarnate easily crossing realms like eating and drinking?

James had to study diligently on the Dao and practice devilry to advance. Mikael just had to consume fel shards, and he broke through since he had his Light Dao experiences from his previous life.

~~~

I decided I would work even harder! I will not live my entire life behind such a self-righteous prick!

"Little cousin, there's not much for you to do at your devilry realm as I have already cleaned up the camp. I require you to take a mandatory mission every three months from now on from the mission hall," said Mikael.

"I will break into the Baron realm before your two years are up little cousin so you must properly understand the camp. Maybe you will be in charge when I leave."

This knowledge was very bittersweet for me. If Mikael was a Baron, he would leave the camp. No longer hanging his head over me, keeping a watchful eye on me.

However, if he became a Baron, he still was stronger than me. I had to keep my devilry advancing!

When I got back to my now beauty less hut, I thought about the quest to find Sybil. If I found Sybil then I could increase my devilry faster in the Soul Dao. I must see if this cat knows anything.

I woke up the sleepy cat.

"Your humble chef seeks your help ol' great and merciful cat lord!" I said.

"Meow, I can go get that item for you but you must be this cat's chef for many years to come," said the cat as he sat down attempting to look wise and dignified.

"Meow, sign this and you will officially be this cat's chef," said the cat.

I looked over the contract in front of me. It seems this cat wasn't simple. He even had a way of roping in me for many years to come. I was only sixteen, so becoming someone's chef was an enormous commitment.

"You just want to follow me around and I cook for you right? Will my actions be limited?" I said.

"Meow, as this cats chef, you can do what you want," said the cat as he pointed to the contract.

I looked over the contract once more and saw nothing fishy. I signed it, entering my new unpaid employment as the cat's chef.

I did not have another way of receiving Sybil as it was in the unclaimed territory from my understanding of the forest. Only powerful devils could traverse there. If I went, I would risk his life. Why would this young noble risk his life?

I could ask for help from the clan, but I didn't think that was ideal. The cat could read my mind regardless, and I did not want my secrets spilling out to anyone else.

"Thank you, cat lord! You are wise and magnanimous," I said.

"Meow, be right back," said the cat.

~~~

The cat spent around an hour on the task. He was used to getting things that weren't his.

"Meow, young eagle I need this item," said the cat as he showed a picture of Sybil to the eagle sovereign of the local forest area.

"Great and powerful Jurrath, why do you bully the younger generation!" said the eagle as he furrowed his wings.

The eagle was visibly upset. He did not understand how powerful Jurrath was. All he knew was even before he was born Jurrath was a well-regarded demon beast in Wesser Forest. Any that didn't agree with him became a dog forever.

"Meow, if I was bullying you I would have taken it. I only take things from dogs," said the cat as he circulated his demon beast aura.

The eagle quickly handed over the item. No one as powerful and well respected as him within the forest wanted to be a dog. If you were dogged, and your enemies found out, you were dead.

Turning a powerful demon beast into a defenseless dog was a death sentence. He never wanted to be a dog.

"Meow, here's your item chef," said the cat as he went to sleep on his bed.

James finally had Sybil! He could improve his Soul Dao now!

3