Chapter 23 – The Elves
40 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I figured heading to the Tutan World with my current devilry and resources available was a death sentence. If I wanted to take over this world, I would have to do much planning.

I would not share the world with the Hudson clan. They marked me as trash in the Hudson clan. From my own efforts, I had to gain resources!

This world was a gold mine. After asking around a bit, I found that unexplored pocket realms were very expensive to purchase! Devils would trade a Tier-2 pocket world with low-grade fel stones, and low-grade fel stones were the currency of Viscounts.

Only Viscount backed forces dealt with pocket worlds! However, I would take one over as a Knight! I was bold and unrestrained.

I saw my path forward. Only by securing this pocket world would I have solid grounds for becoming an arrogant young noble. If I could properly use the resources, my organization Libra could grow at a sped-up pace!

I spent three months solidifying his realm, attempting to enter the Electric Dao, and doing various tasks to build up my fel shards.

I had finished tempering the turtle demon soul. Right now I had prepared it to be turned into a sparking turtle soul when he entered the Electric Dao.

I stored the resentment in my dagger and kept the turtle soul in the soul orb. The dagger now had the symbol of the snake and the turtle on it.

I felt I had done a marvelous job getting my medium fel shards to a respectable level. This young noble will no longer be broke anymore. I've worked hard!

[Dark elf tribe Shevrar with 110 members added to Libra]

[Tribe includes: 8 Knights, 25 Esquires, and 77 mortals]

[Host must provide resources, cultivation arts, and protection until the Baron level.]

[Host does not have enough resources on hand to provide for the tribe. The contract will be void if the host can not provide his part of the contract.]

"Meow, take them to the Tutan World. With 8 Knights you can steal many resources!" said the cat.

"Listen! Your contract with this tribe is much too generous!" said Sybil.

I was livid. How did I become responsible for the welfare of an entire tribe?

This must have been Kyles doing! I told him to go recruit some loyal new servants. Not make this young noble take care of his entire village! I can use this to my advantage though.

I will have to go see my father to take out a loan to cover my expenses temporarily and then swiftly take over this pocket world. Only then could this young noble take care of this many followers!

I had done many tasks over the past three months to earn fel shards, so I was exempt from my mandatory tasks in the near future. I headed back home to see my father and get a loan.

"Father, mother. Your son needs your aid!" I said as I saw my father and mother both in the house.

"My dear son, what seems to be the problem," said Diana.

"Your son has gotten the coordinates to a Tier-2 pocket world and the loyalty of a Dark Elf tribe with his efforts!" I said.

"Your son has been busy hoping not to let down the older generation. I have been tirelessly improving my devilry and have even stepped into the Knight realm."

"Your son requires a loan to cover the cost of conquering this pocket world."

"Good boy, the clan can easily handle taking over a Tier-2 pocket world. Give the world to the clan! They will heavily reward you!" said Samuel.

"My son, ignore your ignorant father. Why should my son give his hard-earned pocket realm to a clan that does not even foster him?" said Diana.

"They even banished him to have to work hard like a commoner at a camp. My son is above such none sense. Come, dear, your mother will help you."

I quickly followed my mother, forgetting all about getting a loan from my father.

"Azon, I want you to follow my son and assist him in conquering the Tier-2 pocket world. It is my son's first expedition so you are only to take an advisory role. Gather five loyal Battle Knights from [Shivergarde] to ensure his safety," said Diana.

"You six are only to manage the logistics at his base camp and ensure my son's safety. He must learn how to conqueror the pocket world with his efforts. This princess will not have a useless son."

"Yes, your ladyship!" said Azon.

"I will fund your expedition for one year. I am glad you came to see us before heading off to a pocket world, son. The savages that live in pocket worlds are not civilized at all. They have no respect for your noble title or standing in the Xertzul Abyss," said Diana.

"Your poor mother would be distraught if she knew her son died in a pocket world without consulting her. Azon will assist you in everything you need for the next year. Work hard son, if you can grasp that pocket world the Hudson clan cannot control you!"

"Thanks mother!" I said.

"My dear son, follow me to the training arena. I must check out your progress in combat after reaching the Knight realm," said Diana.

To no one's surprise, my mother beat me again! Not even the fire serpent could restrain her. My battle skills still left much to be desired.

She praised my progress but told me I must work harder. I must not let others look down on her.

I was bedridden for a week, repeatedly being molded by my mother until she thought I could be safe in the pocket world.

"Young lord, we will be ready to depart in a month," said Azon

"Thank you Azon, that should give me time to prepare," I said.

I headed to 'Young Noble Lounge' looking for Kyle to speak to him about my recently gained tribe of Dark Elf followers. The atmosphere had changed. Many dark elves were around the premises working diligently.

"Where can I find Kyle?" I said to one young dark elf.

"Our glorious savior Kyle is inside, sir. What are you looking for him for?" said the elf.

"This noble devil is James, Kyle is my follower," I said.

"Young noble! It is a pleasure to be of service to you," said the elf.

The young dark elf escorted me to see Kyle.

Kyle had a private section in the Young Noble Lounge, he was enjoying a felweed hookah surrounded by two dark elf beauties. It looked like he had risen in social standing in the dark elf tribe.

"Kyle, what's your progress been like. Why are there so many dark elves around here?" I said.

"Young noble! I have recruited my entire tribe to serve you. We will follow the young nobles' orders precisely," said Kyle.

From their discussion, it didn't take much for Kyle to convince the dark elves to join James' organization after he showed them the generous contract. The dark elf tribe had no backing in the Xertzul Abyss before. To be backed by a noble devil with such a generous contract everyone quickly got on board.

Devils always executed their contracts. To be a young noble's followers was their reward for several generations of good karma. Kyle had already started the plan to gain more lands close to Hudson city, so the mortal dark elves had plenty of places to farm.

"Kyle, we have a new mission! Your young noble has a pocket world to take over. I will need all the dark elves to assist me in this noble quest Kyle," I said.

"Young noble, I will gather the dark elves promptly to do your bidding," said Kyle.

The next day Kyle introduced me into the upper echelon Knights of the Shevrar dark elf tribe. Saria, Aila, Mhoryga, and Saleh were the female Knights. Felaern, Alred, Durlan, Eldrin, and Aymar were the male Knights.

"It's a pleasure to meet you young noble!" said the Knights.

They were all nice and respectful to their new young noble. First impressions were important.

"Great, it's good that you have all gathered here today to meet with me," I said.

"Our quest will be to conqueror a Tier-2 pocket world! What are your respective cultivation levels and what do you excel at."

Most of them practiced Wood Dao it seemed. They were mostly in the initial and mid-Knight realms. The Wood Dao Art James had given Kyle had been of much help to them.

Devils strictly regulated Cultivation Arts in the Xertzul Abyss. Only devils could legally purchase and trade Arts of the Knight level and above. This was a way that devils kept the commoners in check.

If commoners wanted to cultivate to higher realms, they had to join a noble devils organization.

The Shevrar tribe was a community of dark elf farmers. Some practiced simple ranged battle arts with the bow.

Most of their experience was from hunting, however, not actual battles. This ragtag group left much to be desired. I would have my hands full attempting to conquer this pocket world.

"So most of you have experience conducting ranged attacks? That means we will probably have to use a lot of guerrilla tactics. We will plan further when we know what's ahead of us," I said.

"For now, let's enjoy some felweed as I get to know you all."

I was attractive to the female dark elves.

Men with power were very attractive to women in the noble devil society, especially commoners. If they could become one of my wives or concubines, they could have a peaceful life ahead of them.

Noble devil clans shunned half-devils. Devil clans would not foster a half-devil, they were scorned even more than I was with my Soul Dao.

I had no idea what these dark elf women were thinking. I was only concerned with getting to know my new followers better so I could properly prepare for the world expedition.

This would be my first time conquering unknown lands. If I properly prepared, this would be my first step into becoming the young noble I always hoped to be.

After I discussed it with the tribe, I decided that 2 of the Knights and a quarter of the Esquires would stay and manage my property in Hudson City.

I met with Azon and the 5 Battle Knights my mother had allocated to me.

The Battle Knights were all in the peak-Knight realm. They were respectively: Anik, Ono, Axon, Khen, Vrals.

They were changelings like Azon. They were very respectful of Azon. Azon seemed to have an extraordinary status in the changelings under my mother's organization.

"We will ensure the safety of the young lord!" said the Battle Knights.

3