Chapter 29 – The Relic
47 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was no question in my mind. I would attempt the relic inheritance! The book page was there. I would have to complete a Curse Dao relic to get it. This would be my first attempt at a relic site. My poor little life would be on the line throughout the trial.

I doubt a Curse Dao relic would be sunshine and rainbows. Relics were challenges set by cultivators, some alive and some long dead. They created good karma for the creator by leaving challenging inheritances for the fated. I waited patiently while they conquered the realm.

I might as well get those juicy Codex rewards before heading into a death trap. I continued processing souls every day, creating a grand skeleton army.

[57 Esquire and 2731 Mortal Skeletons added to Libra]

[33 Sphinx slaves added to Libra]

Wanfang has conquered the other nations! I am now the leader of the Tutan World.

"Haha, slaughter all those ants! Show no mercy," said James.

[Congratulations quest 'Exterminate the Tutan World' 100% complete]

[New book [Slaughter Heart Scripture - Vol. 3] added to James' library]

[Chain quest 'Investigate the Tutan World' updated]

[You have slaughtered all who stood in your path in the pocket realm. Now delve into the depths of the Tutankhamun relic to reclaim the lost Curse page of the Codex.]

What only a Baron Scripture? All that slaughtering for this?

[Meow, go collect the Elementalist Arts]

Well, that sucks. No matter, this young noble shall assimilate these arts!

~~~

"I... I killed them... I killed them all... They're dead, every single one of them... And not just the men, but the women and the children too... They're like animals... And I slaughtered them like animals!... I hate them!... What have I done?..." said Wanfang.

I echoed my favorite scene in Star Wars for my dramatic speech. I had fallen to the demonic path! My mind was swimming with so many emotions as I kneeled in front of my devil lord.

"You're fulfilling your destiny, Wanfang. Becoming my hand. Learn to embrace the fel," James said as he handed me strange green crystals.

"I will do whatever you ask," I said I looked at the strange crystals.

How did he know the next line, I thought? The crystals were pulsating with chaotic power. Much more powerful than anything he had seen before. I wanted no I needed this power!

"To finish this world's relic. It is a task only one has achieved, but if we work together I know we can discover its secrets."

"I pledge myself to your teachings."

"Good, good."

I absorbed the strange crystals. It was a shocking process. I felt my mind, body, and soul warp as I contained the energies. A bright green light appeared as my body transformed. My eagle head transformed to become humanoid, while dark black wings sprung from his back.

At least I no longer have that Unsightly eagle head. This reward was well worth it. I look forward to entering the Abyss with my new master.

"Henceforth, you are my first demonic hand." said my lord James.

"Thank you, my master!" I said.

~~~

"Go now, my demon. Collect the Arts from the Fire & Water Nations. I need to study them."

"I will fulfill your will my master."

[270 Fire Elementalist Arts and 326 Water Elementalist Arts added to James' library.]

[Compiling Arts… Standardizing data… Outputting Optimal Art for each system…]

[Fire Knight Art and Water Knight Art added to James' library]

[Deriving new Arts from Four Elemental Arts…]

[Knight Arts Upgraded to Baron Arts]

[New Viscount Scripture: Classic Elemental Scripture: Volume 1-4 created]

[Classical Elements Scripture (4 Volumes)-

Isis said:

"Of living things, my son, some are made friends with fire, and some with water, some with air, and some with earth, and some with two or three of these, and some with all."

"And, on the contrary, again some are made enemies of fire, and some of water, some of earth, and some of air, and some of two of them, and some of three, and some of all. For instance, son, the locust and all flies flee fire; the eagle and the hawk and all high-flying birds flee water; fish, air and earth; the snake avoids the open air."

"Whereas snakes and all creeping things love earth; all swimming things love water; winged things, air, of which they are the citizens; while those that fly still higher love the fire and have the habitat near it."

"Not that some of the animals as well do not love fire; for instance salamanders, for they even have their homes in it. It is because one or another of the elements doth form their bodies' outer envelope. Each soul, accordingly, while it is in its body is weighted and constricted by these four greater whole."]

What's this? A Viscount Scripture! Is this the true reward for slaughtering the world!

The only way I could gain this Scripture was to slaughter the entire world and compile all the Elementalist Arts.

[Meow, that's right!]

[Listen! This Viscount Scripture will become the backbone of Libra!]

"Wanfang your service has been commendable. I now reward you with Volume 1 & 2 of the Classic Elements Scripture. Work hard to serve me and Volume 3 & 4 will one day be within your grasp." I said.

"I will give you a month to go over this before we head off to the relic. Don't break through to the Baron realm, you will have plenty of time to cultivate when we return to the Abyss."

"Yes, young lord!"

~~~Once I took the jade scroll and went back to my quarters, I was astonished. This Scripture was a perfect condensation of Elementalist Arts. Actually, that's not it!

When study further it seemed Elementalist Arts were made from studying this Scripture. This had to be the source! I must study this intently! With this I can make it to the next level! I must work hard for the young lord to grant me Volume 3 & 4.

After a month of studying the [Classic Elements Scripture], I stabilized my cultivation at the completion realm. It was far and above the realm I was at before, my body was brimming with power!

~~~It was finally time for us to head to the relic grounds. It was a giant ancient pyramid. Most likely as old as the realm itself.

This was the first time that I had ever entered a relic. With Wanfang by my side, I should be safe. Wanfang was young and very talented, the only guard a young noble could bring into an age-gated inheritance.

The changelings were older than 20, so they could not accompany me. Within the pyramid was a long tunnel that leads to a portal. Behind this portal would be the relic grounds.

By the side of the portal there was a stone stele carved with the worlds 'Tutankhamun Relic- Bone-Age 20'.

Bone-age was how relics decided entry. Lesser bone-age usually meant better talent. Upon entering the instance, an illusionary humanoid figure greeted us.

"Welcome to the Tutankhamun Relic. Will you be attempting the challenges alone or with a group? Be advised that if you attempt it as a group the relative difficulty will increase." said the illusionary figure.

"We will be a group," I said.

"The Tutankhamun Relic has five challenges, each more difficult than the next."

"The first challenge is to gauge whether you have any fate with the Curse Dao."

"When you are ready, head down the first corridor to begin the challenge."

After gathering themselves, Wanfang and I headed down the corridor to the first challenge. The corridor leads us in front of a massive Steele. On the Steele was an Esquire Curse Art!

{Challengers! You have one month to learn this Curse Art} A voice rang inside our heads.

"Wow, only one month to enter a Dao? This first task is already so intense. Wanfang let's study this Curse Art quickly." I said.

The Art introduced Curses. Curses are skills used to hinder, damage your enemy over time, or stop them from doing something. Curses are much like poison but with a magical source. The magic will affect a cursed target until we remove it.

We can cast curses on objects, on people, or on people through objects. The most important thing to a curse is a medium.

The most powerful curses are those ritualized over a lengthy period. They called the Curse Art listed [Enfeeble Curse] once affect whoever suffered from this curse would suffer from a weakened condition.

Like all Daos Curse Dao had its own Curse qi that used in Curse Arts. The art listed a way to generate Curse qi through the [Enfeebling Blood Art]. To practice this a person would weaken themselves draining their blood hoping their blood would draw out their weakened condition.

This way you could step into the Curse Dao generating Curse qi. You could study this by enfeebling many others and step into the Curse Dao, but as we were alone! We had to practice this on ourselves.

"This is madness. To practice this Art we will have to torture ourselves hoping to understand the Enfeebled condition and connect it with our very blood," said Wanfang.

"Whoever created this Curse Dao relic is a deranged mad man. Who would practice this Art on themselves to understand Curses?" I said.

We had no choice if we wanted to complete this trial we had to drain our blood. Intentionally weakening ourselves to understand the enfeebled condition.

The next three weeks were pure torture for both of us. We were both in agony, intentionally keeping ourselves in an enfeebled condition according to the instructions within the Art.

All our efforts did not go to waste though. Both of us broke into the Curse Dao generating Curse qi before the month was over.

I broke through first since the Curse Dao was related to Soul Dao. I had an easier time understanding it.

As a transmigrator Wanfang was no slouch, he also broke through shortly after James.

"That month was pure torture Wanfang, hopefully, the rest of this inheritance is not as difficult," I said.

"Yes, young lord."

2