Chapter 33 – The Threads
51 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had finally escaped the relic! It was an exhausting affair to deal with such a monumental undertaking. After getting out of the relic, the book had finally regained its curse page. It turned out the God-King Tutankhamen was using the curse page to fuel his power.

That was how he could break the rules of this pocket world and display power at the Baron Realm. However, the curse page was part of the book! So once I threw the book at him, it was all over. All that extra power was absorbed, and the Codex ensnared Tutankhamen's soul.

The Codex's curse page had beguiled him, he had given up his soul to the Codex page long ago. Too bad I would receive nothing for helping the stupid book. Tutankhamen had a powerful soul.

I did not know the realm he reached in life. Considering he spoke of destroying my Xertzul Abyss, it was probably above my paygrade.

[Meow, simple stuff]

[Hey! Good job, James]

Thanks, Sybil, you were a significant help in there. The stupid cat was useless as always.

[Meow, worry about being a talented chef]

Hey, stupid book! Where's my reward?

[Host now has access to Curse Binding Scripture Vol 3.]

Wow! A new scripture is exceptional. I decided not to complain to the Codex anymore. This Curse Binding Scripture was probably some quality stuff.

We exited the relic heroically.

We soon met with the relics guardian.

"Relic goers, thank you for defeating the rogue servitor!" said The Illusionary humanoid figure.

"Though Tutankhamen built this relic, using a relic to attempt a rebirth goes against everything a relic stands for."

"Now this relic grounds can properly serve new relic goers."

"Were you built by Tutankhamen?" I said.

"I am a Relic Spirit. Relic builders purchase us to build and manage their relics. However, we still have rules that govern us." said The Illusionary humanoid figure.

"He severed me from the central relic hub when this relic was created, so I could not seek help."

"There's a central relic hub?" I said.

"How could relics be fair if there wasn't a guiding authority? It is formed by Relic Spirits! We maintain fair rules so all cultivators can find their lucky chance." said the Illusionary humanoid figure.

"Can I change this relic now?" I said.

"Haha, young devil, you are much too weak. Tutankhamen fused and empowered his understanding of Curse Dao within this relic," said the Illusionary humanoid figure.

"In life he reached a realm you could barely fathom. That is how the relic can teach you Curse Dao so effectively. You are but an infant fumbling around, how dare you think of being a professor!"

I humbled myself in front of the relic spirit. It was right; I was still much too weak. Tutankhamen called himself a God-King.

Though I believe that was how he addressed himself instead of a realm. If I saw mortal insects, I could just as easily proclaim myself a God-King.

The relic spirit then unveiled a selection of rewards. They were all Baron Armaments! Considering Tutankhamen was such a high realm in life, it was probably peanuts for him to stock this relic with innumerable Baron Armaments.

Sadly, we could only choose one reward from the mountainous selection. The relic was to provide for relic goers for many generations. How could one relic goer loot everything?

The reward Wanfang choose was a Tier-3 elemental staff. I got a Tier-3 defensive robe. The staff was perfect for Wanfang to circulate the elements. Since it was a Tier-3 weapon, it was the best he had ever had. It was far beyond what he could find in the Tutan World.

I loved my new threads. It was fire red embroidered with Dragons & Phoenixes. It gave me a menacing fire aura when I circulated my Fire qi. The aura seemed to be mostly for show. But it was the coolest thing this young noble could find.

This robe is an excellent addition to my collection. Now I look like a true young noble lord. Who dares offend this young noble sporting his regal robe?

"Congratulations for clearing the relic. Enjoy your rewards, relic goers!"

"This relic will now have normal trials, besides the advance trials you underwent."

This old abandoned relic was now safe for people to explore. I could send my followers in to try their luck since I had taken care of the rogue servitor. Tutankhamen had corrupted the relic to only deal in Curse Dao.

Normally relics have challenges that all adventures can take part in to gain a better understanding of their Dao. It would become one foundation of my Libra organization.

I now had an entire Tier-2 world complete with a relic site. I could pop out Knight followers easily. Wanfang and I headed back to the Air Nation capital.

"Young lord! You seemed to have completed the relic. We must swiftly head back before my ladyship worries. We have spent less than a year in this pocket world as discussed with my ladyship. She will be proud of you, young lord," said Azon.

I agreed it was time to head back. It wasn't good to stay an extended amount of time in pocket worlds.

I had noticed my devilry advancement had come to a swift halt while being in this world. Though I was learning Daos, under special circumstances, I could not move forward in my devilry.

[Meow, set up a devil alter before you leave. This world needs to become yours officially]

[Listen! Through the devil alter residents can donate materials and can ascend to your headquarters in the Xertzul Abyss after they reach the high-Knight realm.]

[Meow, before they could ascend nowhere because Tutankhamen had cut off the connection to any higher realms. Now this world will constantly churn out Knights and materials for you.]

[Listen! You should leave the commoner dark elves here to start a new civilization with the remaining Sphinx.]

[Meow, you own 9 generations of the Spinx tribe as slaves. Rewrite the history books to this world with you as a literal god who descended and saved this world from disaster.]

I rewrote the history books! The mischievous cat was finally being helpful.

Some terrible plague struck that wiped out all residents of the Tutan World. However, James Hudson, a venerable deity, descended and stopped the plague! He brought order when before there was only chaos.

What a brave and valiant savior. They should worship him.

For a few generations, Sphinx tribe members will have undying loyalty to me. They will offer sacrifices of valuable resources. Anyone talented enough to reach high-Knight will ascend to the Xertzul Abyss as a new subordinate.

I also left my skeleton army to farm the resources of the realm. I created a talisman to command them and left it with the dark elves. Now they could tirelessly increase this young noble's treasury.

~~~

When we returned I learned time moved differently in the pocket world compared to the Xertzul Abyss. While a year had passed in the Tutan World, only nine days had passed in the Xertzul Abyss. I had wondered why my devilry was not making progress after so long. The only thing I could learn was the Curse Dao and the Slaughter Dao.

Slaughter Dao required me to grind the denizens of the entire world just to step into Knight level. Curse Dao was part of the relic's central theme. I had had no progression in moving forward in any of my other Daos and my devilry had remained stagnant.

Thou I made a minor breakthrough with the Electric Dao. But that was because of my acclimation.

This pocket world will churn out resources for me!

2