Episode 10 : A Calling (1)
419 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 41 :

Episode 10 : A Calling (1)

At midnight..

HwanGi was resting through the night in a peaceful bed..

His room was quiet with not a single sound to disturb his sleep..

Until..

"...Seong.." A whisper with a gentle feel to the ears resounded to HwanGi.

But it wasn't enough to wake him up..

"..HwanGi.." On the other hand, the whisper persisted.

And with that, HwanGi's eyelids slowly but surely opened up. 

Unsure of whoever voice that was calling to him, he checked to see if there was anyone in this room beside him. 

However, no one was there, except the voice..

"Listen to me.." A whisper compiled of warmth, like a blossoming flower, spoke to him.

Because of its soft voice, HwanGi wasn't frightened at all. Thus, he asked. "Who..?"

"..You must fulfill your calling.." 

"What?" 

HwanGi was still confused about this whole situation, not only that..

"Fulfill your duty." A voice of comforting warmth switched to a terrifying thunder. 

It felt as though HwanGi was being zapped in his ears by the voice as well as the sensation of lightning travelling through his veins.

Even after that, a panel appeared in front of his eyes..

The moment HwanGi read it, he couldn't believe what his widened eyes were seeing..

This hidden quest was telling him to do something unacceptable..

———

Eventually, morning came.. 

Emitting bright sunlight into everyone's rooms, waking them up as sunlight shone upon their sleeping faces. 

Unlike everyone, two people who were awake early, were in different places.

I was in the town, trying to find good snacks to get through the day or mostly the adventure outside the kingdom. 

"I should try leveling up once.." I told myself.

‘Master, are you really going with them?’ Lucifer's words mumbled inside my head.

I was looking at a stall that was selling fresh red apples. Then I picked one of the apples up. 

"I just dislike saying no to Raiden." I bit the apple. 

The taste of a juicy flavor with a pleasant reddish texture. Along with the apple's sweetness saturating my tongue, dripping its juicy liquid inside my mouth. 

With a crunch, I could feel myself being refreshed by the fresh apple. 

"I'll take three bags of apples, please." I obviously spoke to every seller with ‘Favorability’ on, so I could get the stuff for cheaper.

The seller quickly grabbed three bags to put the apples in while I had coins materializing in the palm of my hand. 

‘Master, do we really need that much?’ Lucifer questioned me.

I took the bags of apples the seller gave me after I paid him. "You never know what will happen."

‘I understand.. But is it really worth it to buy.. that much?’ 

"What do you mean?"

What did he mean by asking me that? I only brought a basket filled with brown bread, beverages, herbs for medical reasons, potions and now three bags of apples. 

‘Never mind..’ Lucifer murmured.

I could hear him sighing inside my head which made me wonder if I bought too much.

After having bought everything I needed, I went back to the tavern. 

In the midst of walking, I stored my bags of apples inside my inventory just like the other. 

I still had the apple that I'd bitten in my hand. So I continued eating the apple until I came across something interesting..

A group of people were worshipping a man in the middle of the crowd. 

"Our handsome prince~! Ah~!!" A woman exclaimed with great excitement.

"Please look at my direction~!" Another lady shouted out.

The weirdest one was this.. "Please rape me~!!!" 

‘What the hell is happening..?’ I thought to myself. 

While watching the oddest crowd, I spotted a child, a red hair girl sneaking away from the crowd.

‘At least, she thinks this is stupid.’ I shook my head after witnessing this ridiculous scene and resuming my walk to the tavern.

———

Meanwhile, HwanGi was unable to rest easily after getting an unsettling quest.

He had faint dark circles under his eyes, signifying his discomforting sleep throughout the night.

"If I don't do this, I'll be cursed.." HwanGi rubbed his eyelids as he mumbled.

"But if I do this, how will I live with myself after that?" 

Time and time again, HwanGi has been thinking too much, it was the reason why he couldn't have a nice sleep. 

The more he overthinked this, the more stress he built up. 

"A life will be lost if I fulfill this so-called calling." 

HwanGi pulled out his sword from within his inventory. His reflection was on the blade of the sword, serving as a mirror to reflect his stressful expression for him to see.

Knock..knock..

A knock on the door caused HwanGi to put his sword back in his inventory. 

"Come in." He said.

The door opened to display the person behind that door..

"HwanGi! It's time to go!" It was Alaine.

"Okay." HwanGi got off his bed to take his potions which were still on the table.

Afterwards, he stored them within his inventory before leaving his room. 

When HwanGi left his room, he found Raiden with the black cat and Mirai beside Alaine.

He discovered that there was one person missing. "Where is JoonChul?"

"Sensei might be outside waiting for us." Raiden guessed. 

"Then let's go. We can't let him wait." Alaine chuckled, pushing HwanGi gently to go out.

"I can walk." HwanGi held Alaine's hands to stop her.

"Oh sorry..!" 

After that short moment, everyone left the tavern to be greeted with the back of JoonChul.

When JoonChul turned around, he smiled with a wave of a hand. 

HwanGi just stared at JoonChul, questioning about the quest he was given as a calling.

‘But why?’ He pondered.

‘And who the person that gave me this quest? One of the ‘Helpers’?’ He thought over and over again.

"HwanGi! Earth to HwanGi!" Alaine was waving her hand in front of HwanGi to snap him out his daydreaming. 

"Oh." HwanGi finally came to.

"Jeez. Why are you daydreaming right now?" Alaine sighed, facepalming herself. "If JoonChul hadn't noticed, you would have stood here forever without us knowing." 

"JoonChul told you?" HwanGi glanced at her before staring at JoonChul who was talking with his comrades. 

With a perplexed expression, HwanGi didn't know what to do with this quest.

8