Episode 10 : A Calling (2)
388 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 42 :

Episode 10 : A Calling (2)

An hour has passed since everyone entered the forest...

While walking through the forest, HwanGi watched over JoonChul who was talking with Raiden.

‘I only have 1 hour next..’ As he mused, he clenched his fists, glancing at JoonChul with eyes filled with nothing but a desire to do the right thing. 

‘I can't kill him..’ He stopped himself from clenching his fists, yet still staring at JoonChul. 

JoonChul grabbed the black cat that was on his head, giving it to Raiden.

HwanGi then found something strange on JoonChul's head. As HwanGi slowed down his walking pace, he got a bit closer to have a better look at what was on JoonChul's head.

What he discovered was a spider nuzzling on top of JoonChul's head. 

HwanGi took the courage to ask. "JoonChul-ssi, what's that on your head?"

"Huh? It's a spider." 

"But why is it on your head?" 

JoonChul grinned, patting the spider's tiny head with his index finger. "Because It is very important to me." 

HwanGi saw the spider, he thought he was going crazy from the hidden quest because he could feel the spider was blushing from JoonChul's words.

"HwanGi-ssi?" JoonChul called for him.

"Yes?" 

"Just in case we run into anything, our loots will be decided by who kills it."

While HwanGi nodded to JoonChul's statement, he perceived some movements around him. 

"Enemies.." HwanGi whispered to himself before wanting to tell JoonChul and everyone.

However, HwanGi saw a sinister smirk on JoonChul's face, like a silent message describing ‘Hell is upon you’.

Its menacing feel caused HwanGi's swine to shiver after having one look of that smirk. 

Despite experiencing this, HwanGi shrugged it all off because there were bigger things to worry about.

"They are mostly after HwanGi-ssi, protect him at all cost." JoonChul issued a command to everyone.

Everyone except HwanGi nodded simultaneously before surrounding HwanGi completely with JoonChul being in front of them.

With HwanGi in the middle, he stood there being utterly astonished.

Until he saw the people who were the enemies. 

"Give the first player to us right this instant!" A woman who stood in front of the group, shouted out.

HwanGi observed as JoonChul pointed his black sword at the woman, saying. "What if we don't?" 

The woman raised her longsword up as if she was stabbing it into the sky. "Then we'll have to murder you all!" 

And with her longsword descending to point at JoonChul, the enemies behind her charged in with each of their weapons directing at JoonChul.

HwanGi witnessed this and was worried about everyone's safety. Not just that, he was almost close to activating his ‘Divine Flame’ until his eyes widened in amazement.

JoonChul's sword changed into what seemed to be a kusarigama. 

Alaine mumbled to the amazed HwanGi. "Surprised, right?"

"Yeah." HwanGi nodded before paying attention to JoonChul's every move.

JoonChul grasped the metal chain with the iron weight at the end, spinning it above himself. 

A man wielding a sword rushed in to attack JoonChul, but instead of doing that, JoonChul tossed the metal chain at the enemy's sword, wrapping the chain around the sword. 

The man was bewildered while struggling to get the chain off his sword. And with that tiny opening, JoonChul stabbed the sickle into the man's neck.

In that moment, JoonChul whispered something into that man's ear. "Thank you for your ‘Numbers’." 

"Ignite." 

With just a single word, the man's head exploded from the lighting within him.

"Who's next?" JoonChul threw the headless man's corpse into the charging enemies.

The enemies had a short look at the corpse before running forward. Angered to an excessive amount, they were preparing to shoot out their own skills.

Meanwhile, HwanGi saw how many people switched their target to JoonChul, he was about to join in to support JoonChul but was stopped by Raiden. 

"Leave everything to Sensei." Raiden smiled, blocking HwanGi with his hand.

Being stopped like this, HwanGi could only trust Raiden's words and stood there, observing the situation.

HwanGi averted his gaze at JoonChul who was standing there as if waiting for the enemies to get closer to him.

Closer and closer!

HwanGi was astounded at this moment, what happened was him yelling out. "JoonChul!!"

JoonChul turned to look at HwanGi with a smile, but as for what was behind JoonChul though..

It caused HwanGi to carry a shock expression when watching the agony that was upon the enemies.

Strange but horrifying, every single enemy except a few was decapitated by an attack that couldn't be seen by a human's naked eyes. 

Heads, legs, arms and every body part were flopping to the ground as time passed while weapons dropped onto the body parts as if they were cushions for the weapon.

The few who survived JoonChul's attack, shrieked a scream of terror after witnessing such a scene with their innocent eyes.

With their lives on the lines, they retreated like prey being hunted by the predator.

But like prey, the predator will proceed to hunt for them no matter what. Exactly what JoonChul is doing right now.

"Running away? Not going to happen." JoonChul spoke in a composed manner, extending his hands out.

Then strings shot out of his fingers, moving incredibly fast until they caught on the retreating enemies.

After that, JoonChul pulled his stings toward himself to launch the enemies upward, making it easy for him to see.

And in his hands, a bow was already there to assist him. 

JoonChul lined himself to the targets with 4 arrows already attached to the bow. Then he pulled back the bowstring toward his face before aiming at the enemies.

And with that, JoonChul released the bowstring, relaxing his fingers. 

Arrows travelling into the air with speed of light. With a pierce, the enemies got shot in the vital parts, stuttering in mid air until they descended to the ground. 

HwanGi, having witnessed this sight could only stand there, staring at JoonChul with immense shock. 

Furthermore, HwanGi watched as JoonChul casually walked on the body parts and corpses to collect his loots.

‘...This is gruesome..’ HwanGi mused, looking over to his hidden quest.

‘..Is this why it's telling me to kill him?’ 

**—**—**–**—**—**

Kusarigama : A Japanese martial arts chain weapon that consists of a kama (the Japanese equivalent of a sickle), on a length of kusari (metal chain) with a heavy fundo (iron weight) at the end; a chain sickle.

8