Episode 19 : Brother Figure (3)
59 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 85 :

Episode 19 : Brother Figure (3)

After clearing out the undeads to collect their bones, Mya and I had piled them up into a few stacks.

When we finished, I could definitely notice how tired Mya was just from doing all those harvesting, so I told her. "Shall we take a break for a bit, Mya?"

"A-Ah.. yes..!" Mya panting little and little, responded to me while wiping her sweat away with her small yet dirty hand.

I swiftly held her hands gently to stop her from rubbing her dirty hand on her forehead. 

Even though Mya seemed scared and had closed her eyes when I grabbed her, I was currently wondering why she was making such an expression like she thought I had ill intentions.

If someone were to look at us right now, they would think I'm the villain. Even without that, my face would be the bigger problem.

I let a sigh out of my mouth, pulling out a towel from my inventory before beginning to wipe her hands with it. "I can't afford you getting sick just yet."

"B-But aren't you mad that I d-didn't help?" Mya with her stuttering voice, asked me a good question.

Without a doubt, I was a little angry and disappointed in Mya for not being able to fight on her own, but what's the point of being mad over a child who just got forced into a fight like this?

I smiled toward her to show that I wasn't displeased by her, informing her this. "Don't worry, I'm quite understanding." 

After completely wiping away the filth on Mya's hands, I shook my towel for a bit before folding it and shoving it back to my inventory.

"Just do your best, Mya." I grinned.

The slight sound of magic forming into an object or a weapon, made me realize that.

..I should have tied that person up.

In a hurry yet calm manner, I had Lucifer appear as a sword, turning around quickly to knock the javelin back to where it came from.

"W-What was that?! Ack!" Mya being taken away by Louis, became nervous and afraid.

Seeing as how he surprised me by waking up so fast, I glared at Louis the player who I had subdued a moment ago. "What are you planning to do to that little girl?"

Louis replied to me, looking all confused before glaring daggers at me. "Huh? That's the question I wanted to ask you!"

"What?" 

I raised my eyebrow, observing closely on what Louis was doing to Mya, and it looked like he was just standing in front of her, seeming as though he was protecting her from me.

‘Ho, he thinks I'm the villain.’ I mused after understanding the situation a bit clearly now.

To what my instinct was telling me, Louis isn't the type of person to kill anyone and to support this, Louis didn't kill Mya but instead defended her.

As I tried to clear the misunderstanding, the sword in my grip disappeared, just to make Louis lessen his guard. "Don't judge people by their faces. It's getting kinda annoying now."

"What are you even saying?" Louis angrily responded to me as he increased his guard up which wasn't my plan at all.

Mya helped to resolve the misunderstanding. "H-Hm.. Sir, I'm a-acquainted with that man." 

"You mean you know this guy?" Louis asked Mya.

"Yes, w-we're..hm.."

"What is it? If he's doing something bad, you can tell big brother." 

Mya's cheeks were starting to turn redder and redder as she was hesitant to speak up, making Louis assume the worst.

[Player ‘414’ has activated the Skill, ‘Marine Javelin’ Lv. 2.]

"This man must have done something to you! Don't worry, big brother will punish him in your stand." Louis summoned all his javelins to appear behind him, tapping the ground with his trident.

As I waited for Mya to reply to Louis, I was currently smiling, knowing full well that Louis couldn't defeat me.

When I glanced at one of Louis's javelins, a thought randomly emerged inside my mind. ‘If Mya can't finish her sentence, then I'll let Louis's attack pierces me. I wonder how she will react.’

Louis pointed his trident at me, signalling to his javelins to rush toward me and so, those attacks flew in extremely quick.

Despite the sudden charge of an attack, Mya didn't manage a word, causing me to prepare for my HP to drop slightly.

‘How can he just attack an unarmed man?’ I asked myself in the midst of the javelins coming.

Piercing through the wind to get to me, the javelins advanced, covering the distance between us within just a second.

..It was then that the javelins penetrated through my body.

..Or so I thought if it weren't for Mya speaking up at the last moment. "We're teammates! So stop!!"

Indeed, I was insanely shocked by Mya's shout and not the javelins that just halted when they were a few inches apart from me.

"Teammates? You're teaming with that man over there?" Louis asked to confirm, lowering his trident and encircling the javelins around me to prevent me from doing anything.

"Y-Yes! JoonChul is my tutor and I'm a member in his team!" Mya increased the volume of her voice as her face grew redder every second.

I thought as I was wondering why Mya was blushing. ‘I guess I'm somewhat like a tutor to her.. But why does she need to mention something like that? Even her cheeks are bright red..’ 

It seemed Louis didn't trust Mya's words yet since he hadn't released the javelins around me after hearing Mya speak the truth.

"I assure you that what she had said is truly correct." I spoke while moving the javelin away with my index finger.

Louis gazed at me while still remaining suspicious of me. "I'll trust you when I see your true colors."

"As much as I want to solve this misunderstanding situation, I don't have time for that and neither do you."

"..! ..I hate it that you're right. I don't have enough time to be checking if you're a good or bad guy."

"Exactly. So can we go back to merrily do our quests?" 

"..And leave you with this girl? Yeah, right. As if I would do that when I have a bad feeling about you from the start."

"Even if you're suspicious of me, I don't care. I need to get that girl over there to finish her quests. And you're currently delaying our precious times right now." 

I gave him a glare to the eyes, walking up toward him as I planned to take Mya and leave this place immediately.

"Don't come closer! Or I'll use my javelins."

When I stepped closer to Louis, almost beside him, I whispered to him as I snickered. "Do you think you can attack me in front of a young girl? Do you wish to let her witness a bloody sight?" 

With this, I looked more like a villain, however that didn't matter as long as Louis just let his suspicion die down a bit, then it'd be preferable for me.

"Come on, Mya. Let's get these bones in your inventory quickly and exit this place." I went to Mya, informing her before going toward the bones stacks and calling her to come over here.

Afterwards, Mya nodded as she ran over to my side and I started showing her how to use inventory because I didn't know if she had learned it or not.

"Think of the word inventory inside your head and it will appear naturally. Or you can also think of yourself storing them inside your inventory and that will work as well."

I handed Mya the bones as I watched her putting the bones inside her inventory. In spite of it looking as though the bones just vanished in thin air, it's the thought that counts.

Out of the blue, Louis unexpectedly asked Mya, approaching her. "May I have some of those bones too?" 

"These.. y-you should ask uncle JoonChul.. He's the one who killed all these u-undeads.." Somehow I felt appreciate of Mya to tell Louis that.

The look on Louis's face sorta made me want to chuckle quietly, pondering if he would even ask the person he was wary of.

The way Louis's expression immediately changed from just hearing he needed to ask me and not Mya. It was a pleasing scene to see.

Even so, Louis walked toward me, staring at me coldly as if he didn't enjoy this moment. 

He asked me, looking at me straight in the eyes with his furious expression. "Can I have some of them?"

"What will you trade me in return if I give you the bones?" I smirked, tossing one bone up and down.

"Are you serious?"

"Do you think these are free?"

"..." Louis didn't answer.

I presumed that Louis appeared to be having the same quest as Mya or it could be possible that the quest he had is somewhat similar to Mya.

But nevertheless, I was curious as to what he would offer in return for the bones. So I waited patiently for Louis to think about his feasible offer.

However, if he takes a long time to make a decision, then I shall leave because times are precious.

I only had a few hours left before the penalty of -5000 coins arose, so I couldn't idly wait on Louis being indecisive.

At that moment, the sound of growling was echoing throughout this area and I was expecting it to be a monster of some sort.

..But to think it was just Mya's stomach that caused me to raise my alert..

I sighed when I realized it was just a false alarm.

 

Soon after that, Louis mumbled when he watched Mya being embarrassed over her stomach growling. "I got it." 

2