2.15
871 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rose held her phone within her shaking hand, eyes filled with fear as she stared at the video being broadcasted on the city's largest screen, located on a tower, allowing everyone to see.

"Ah~, no, slower, slower," The sound of a woman's voice was heard, pleasure within her tone, her body rocking as she was slammed into and out. She didn't look too youthful, but neither did she look like her real age.

The sound of a man's voice was heard, his face rather youthful, "You're such a sl*t, cheating on your husband, you deserve to be punish." As he said this, the sound of vulgar actions only got louder, the camera faded, switching to another video with the same woman in it. Only now, the man was different.

Rose looked at the screen in terror, her body shaking as she saw the video being displayed for everyone to see. 

Then, as if unanimously, everyone turned to look at her. Their eyes were filled with daggers, disgust, and most of all, ridicule. Some of the wealthy people with connections immediately recognized her, and their voices began spreading.

"Isn't that Rose Lavina, wife of Theo Stollin, owner of Murex. Oh my, judging by how she displayed herself, I would've never thought that she would be such a loose person."

"Loose? She displays herself as a loyal and dedicated person, but she is instead, a despicable person. She didn't cheat with just one man, who's knows how many men she's taken with that body of hers? People like that, are the most disgusting being on this earth."

"Hmph! She deserves to be treated like this. She dares to have the face to cheat on her lovely husband, only wicked people do such things. Now that her actions have been revealed to the whole world, I wonder how she'll be able to act like that elegant person she pretends to be now."

"Karma will always come back. Since she has the guts to cheat, she'll definitely be able to face being revealed to the whole world. People like that, they will never get a good ending."

Rose looked at the people pointing at her, the voices filled with accusation but most of all, happiness at another's misfortune made her mind riled up.

She couldn't take it, it was too much. It felt like the whole world was laughing at her, pointing at her, destroying the mask that she had built for herself.

"No! Stop, shut it off! Shut up, shut up, shut up!" Rose angrily screamed, angrily pointing at the group of women who were jut talking about her.

In return, she only got more laughs.

"Shut up? Who do you think you are, cheater? Acting so much like someone who you will never be, how does it feel now that you have become like this? People like you, you should think about yourself first before you think about others."

The sounds of laughter got louder, more voices joined in at condemning her.

"Cheaters like you deserve nothing!"

"You deserve this!"

"Your husband will never regret losing someone like you!"

Rose broke down. She put her hands over her ears, running away from the screen that was still playing the videos of her. Her eyes were red and mad, her makeup was now fully mixed together, her face ending up as a sorry sight.

No! No! They were all lying. She was beautiful, elegant, and most of all, she was loyal. That person wasn't her, they were all just lying. She was the esteemed lady of Murex, she would never do such things.

Her husband was the most loving person of all, he would never believe in their lies. Right, her son was also loving to her. These people were lying, every last one of them. 

And Andy, that person was supposed to be harm. It was because of him that her son was on the brink of death. It wasn't like she did it because she wanted to, no, no, no, no, no, she was forced to.

Yeah, that was it. 

These people were just lying- No, everything was just a nightmare. 

So filled with her thought, Rose didn't notice that she had walked off the crosswalk, walking towards a speeding car.

The sound of a large crash was heard, a body hitting full impact against a car, her body falling to the ground lifeless. Blood flowed from her body, her bones smashed into pieces.

Yet, even as she laid there so quietly, assured of death, she had an evil and cynical smile on. 

Even in the last moments of her life, she didn't believe that she was wrong. She never once thought that her actions were her own, blaming anyone else that she could. 

She didn't ever stop to think about what exactly she had done with her cruelty, and how many people she had affected all because of her. Whether it be because of her own feelings or not, she had forced more than just one person to their death.

These type of people, they would never reason with you. They were selfish to their very core, only thinking for themselves. These people, were people who deserved to be ridden of.

 

Theo held the phone in his hand, the emotions within them were unreadable. Yet, as he replayed the words over and over again, a smile filled with relief spread on his face.

He stood in front of a desolate graveyard, and then, slowly got down on his knees as he looked at the picture of a beautiful woman.

Anna Seri

2003-2027

The loveliest woman of my life,

The one who held within her palms, my heart.

"Anna, she's finally gone. Her actions have finally caught up to her, and in the end, she wasn't able to escape her evil deeds. I...Do you still blame me? I...left you just like that, and when you found me once more, I was already married to someone else. You weren't even able to tell me you were pregnant before you found out that I had married someone else. Anna, I wanted to tell you, but, Rose held too much in her hands. At that time, she told me that if I even dared to think about meeting you once more, she would kill you." Theo's eyes reddened, a very light smile on his face as he thought about the beautiful and gentle smile, like that of the one in the past.

"I didn't want to marry her, I truly didn't. But...one wrong move and you could've gotten hurt. It was sacrificing everything of my life in exchange for your safety. Something like that, I was fully willing to do. But...you died. You died, leaving behind a child for me, someone who I couldn't even take care of. Someone who in the end, was mistreated everyday of his life. By the time I realized, it was too late, I couldn't do anything else. I could only let him free, let him separate himself from this cruel family."

His hands moved to touch the picture on the gravestone, a small streak of tear running down his face as dark clouds formed above his head.

"Anna, we first met when we were still naive youths. My parents were demanding, and you were an orphan. Under the light falling snow, I met you for the first time, like a beautiful dream I was afraid of shattering. You smiled so gently, under the moon light, you were enchanting. It was just one quick glance, but you stole my heart. You disappeared ever since that day, but I didn't give up hope as I continued to search for you. After three years, I found you once more, only then, we had both become adults."

"I remembered you, your image that day was imprinted within my heart. I did my best to win your heart, I never gave up hope even as you said you wanted to focus on your studies. After a year, my persistence paid off. You gave me a chance, and I took it. Everything was going so well, everything could've led to something better, but Rose entered our beautiful dream, shattering everything."

"Anna, you were the first person I fell in love with, and you will remain the only person I love. Our story wasn't the most beautiful of all, but it will be something that I will never regret. If given another chance, I hope to be with you once more."

Theo held a rain lily within his hand.

"What's your favorite flower?"

The beautiful woman merely smiled gently, her rosy cheeks blushing softly.

"My favorite flower? I love the rain lily the most." As she said so, her eyes turned to look at Theo's. The innocent yet bright eyes shone so brightly as she replied. Her features were all delicate, yet along with it, her smile made her beautiful face appear even more enchanting.

"Why the rain lily?" Theo smiled back, his hand holding tightly onto Anna's.

Anna chuckled before lightly pinching Theo's hand. "The rain lily holds so many meanings. In the language of flowers, it mean that I love you back. Yet, it also can mean that I will atone for my sins. But, the reason why I love it so much is because it means that I will never forget you. Just like the rain lily, I will never forget you, Theo."

As Theo kneeled down by the gravestone, the rain fell lightly. 

Like tears of that from one who was gone, it dropped down upon him. The drops of rain falling down upon him felt cold, yet his heart was heavy with bitterness and longing.

Theo closed his eyes, muttering so quietly, "Just like the rain lily, I will never forget you, Anna, the love of my life."

The rain lily stood under the pouring rain, next to a grave that has been in that place for over twenty years now.

I love you back, I am willing to atone for my sins, and I will never forget you.

The rain lily softly shone under the rain, water dripping from its petals.

Although it didn't last forever, thank you for everything.

 

"What?!" Avian almost screamed, his eyes a scarlet red.

"Young Master, Madam...has passed." The voice from the phone echoed in return.

Avian held his hands together, breathing out a loud sigh. "How?"

"Madam was hit by a car and pronounced dead at the scene."

"Where is my father?" Avian kneaded his temple.

"Master has gone to visit someone. He said that Madam will be dealt with according to your orders."

Avian held back his curse. "Alright then, thank you."

Saying so, Avian turned off his phone. At that exact moment, the loud sound of the door being slammed open was heard.

"Boss, they.....Crimson Nez has arrived."

 

Andy looked over at the dark sky. He smiled.

Well, things were progressing faster than he thought it would. 

Looks like he would be leaving this world soon.

 

 

They say that an immortals life is spent wasting by slowly.

Zhu Luishui didn't want to believe so. 

From birth, his parents were his heroes.

Then, his younger brother was born.

Like any older brother, he loved his brother dearly, wishing only the best for him.

He watched as his brother slowly grew up, all the while, protecting him with everything he had.

His parents were cultivators, powerful, and were close to reaching immortality.

Then, his parents were killed.

Filled with rage, he had done everything within his power to get revenge, vowing to reach immortality. He also made a vow to protect his brother with his own life.

As he grew, he noticed that his brother became more distanced from this world.

But, Zhu Luishui did not know just how chaotic his world would become, he didn't know just how much he would lose with just the appearance of one person.

The one person who would destroy everything within his life, the person who would become the culprit that lead to his brother's own life ending.

Zhu Luishui couldn't believe that with the involvement of Fei Qianchi, he would lose his brother, the only family he had left within this cruel world.

For a man that loved someone else, his brother sacrificed everything. Even when his brother knew well enough, he still couldn't stop loving Fei Qianchi.

Zhu Luishui did blame Fei Qianchi. This man, he used his brother's selfless love. Even if Fei Qianchi didn't know that his brother loved him, Fei Qianchi still pushed his brother to his death.

In this life, Zhu Luishui would make sure that his brother's life is restored. No matter what, he would never let Baicheng go free when he was also the one who killed his brother.

After his parent’s death, Zhu Luishui made a vow to protect his brother. Losing his parents had dealt an incredible damage to his brother. From the young and cheerful, naive little child, he turned to a cold and emotionless man.

Yet, Zhu Luishui was still able to understand this brother of his like the back of his hand. 

Because of Fei Qianchi, Zhu Luishui's brother slowly revealed more emotions. 

But, it was also this person's selfishness, his greediness, his unwillingness to let go of someone who didn't even love him that led to his downfall.

Just like how Fei Qianchi was willing to hold onto someone who didn't love him, Zhu Luishui's brother was willing to do whatever it took to protect the person he loved.

He knew that he shouldn't blame Fei Qianchi. After all, this man was also used as a pawn by Baicheng, but it was because of this that his brother revolted against the whole world.

And, Zhu Luishui was kept captive, unable to do anything to save his younger brother, the brother who he deeply treasured.

"Are you really going against all the sects just to protect him?! Longwang, he tried to kill an elder, someone from his own sect. Do you know what it means if you protect him? You would be going against the whole world."

"Brother, no matter what you think about him, I know that even if he went mad, he would never kill someone in his life. Just like how you are willing to protect me no matter what, I am unwilling to let him be punished unjustly."

"Forgive me, Qianchi. Hide, don't come back no matter what happens. Even at the cost of my death, I will make sure that you survive."

"Longwang, don't do this. Don't help me. Someone like me, you don't need to protect a person like me."

"Love? Someone like you, how can I love you in this life!? Fei Qianchi, you killed all your family members when you were just a child. An evil and cruel, unloving person like you, I would be insane if I truly loved you."

19