3.4
472 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mark unconsciously tightened his hand. Staring at the image of the brightly smiling Victor, he somehow felt like something wasn't right. Calming down the tension within his heart, he muttered, "Thank you for visiting, Prince Victor."

When Victor heard the prince before his name, he couldn't help it as he grimaced a bit. "General, there is no need for such formality. Please, just call me Victor." He couldn't help but place a hand on his nape in an awkward manner. 

Mark's eyes lingered longer on Victor's actions before nodding his head, his eyes frosty like snow. "Alright then, please call me Mark then." Mark's eyes watched as Victor slowly dropped his hand away from his neck. "We should go back now, I'm sure that Prince Lucius will be looking for you." Saying so, Mark turned his head away and began walking, all the while, his thoughts still lingered on Victor.

As Victor walked behind Mark, he couldn't help it as he raised a hand to cover the place where his heart was. A smile was still placed upon his lips but his eyes were now clouded with entangled thoughts.

(Fei Shang, I think I understand everything now.)

Victor was finally able to figure everything out now, he could understand the bits of information that had been hidden. Thinking back on it, it was something that he should have figured out since the second world. Victor should've known since the moment he realized just how similar Daniel was to Xu Yongheng.

It was only after putting all the information together that he could finally be sure about his guess. Daniel and Xu Yongheng were the same soul, if not, connecting everything to his dream, they must be related to each other somehow. Victor was definitely sure that they were the same soul or pieces of the same soul.

Fei Shang didn't say anything, he merely listened to Victor.

As if finally realizing something, Victor asked Fei Shang a question.

(You've always known, haven't you?)

[I have, Host. I've known about this since the beginning. I just wasn't able to tell you that I knew. The higher ups have specified that until you have figured everything out by yourself, I am not to say a word about this matter to you.]

Fei Shang didn't hide the truth anymore. Now that Victor had figured out a small piece of this, it meant that Fei Shang didn't need to hide it. Since Victor had figured this out now, it meant that he was going to be recovering his memories soon.

Victor was deep in his thoughts, but with Fei Shang's words, it meant that he was correct since the beginning. 

(Will he follow after me to every world I enter then?)

[Yes, he will. Host, I think that you know there is much more you haven't figured out. Once you have figured everything out, then you can start moving in forwards with that. I don't want to hide it from you, but I also can't tell you anything. From the moment I chose you, there was already something about you that have been sealed. Now, it is time to reveal everything slowly. You will figure out much more from this day on, so there is no need to worry, Host.]

Victor was relieved. If he would follow after Victor in very world, then that meant that Victor didn't need to be afraid of loving him. He didn't need to be afraid of losing him.

Truthfully, this was a declaration from deep within his heart. He no longer needed to be afraid, because he could now love without being afraid of anything. It meant that he no longer had to leave him behind in every world. Victor could finally love.

Fei Shang didn't say anything, he merely kept silent, his head filled with his own thoughts. Even though he wanted to say it out, wanted to tell Victor so much, he knew that it wasn't the right time yet. Even he understood that Victor needed to repent for his actions.

Victor turned his eyes, looking up to glance at the broad back in front of his view. Victor could tell, he could feel the strong sense of familiarity he had felt in the second world whenever he looked at Daniel.

(Fei Shang, does this mean that every time I enter a new world, his soul will replace the current male lead's?)

[Yes, Host. The only thing is that he takes upon the male leads consciousness, thus, he will never know that he isn't really that character. But even though he doesn't, he will always fall for you.]

Just like how it has always been, Fei Shang wanted to add. But he couldn't.

Even though he forgot about him, at least he would still feel familiar with Victor. Victor finally realized why the male lead seemed to change in every world that he was in. Even if it was just a little, it made sense to him now.

Like the fresh feeling of spring within his heart, Victor couldn't help it as his eyes brightened. He didn't need to hold back his feelings no more, there wasn't a reason as to why he should.

Mark turned back to look at Victor, and Victor couldn't hold back his smile that looked so bright yet also held a strong power behind it.

Since everything had already come to this, Victor definitely needed to get Mark to fall in love with him. He wasn't going to let his man go now that he had gotten a hold on him.

Mark looked at the smile on Victor's face, suddenly entranced by it. He struggle to hold back his own smile, a stuffy feeling within his heart, something that he couldn't understand.

Suddenly looking away, Mark forced his eyes away from Victor, as if he had just done something wrong. It was merely on reflex, yet deep in his heart, it felt as if he had done something wrong. It was strange to him. He had never met Victor before but it felt as if he had known him forever. He truly didn't understand it. Was there something he should remember?

On the other hand, Victor was able to see Mark's internal struggle. He understood at once that Mark was able to faintly recognize him.

Honestly, even Victor didn't understand why he would fall in love, how he could fall in love. Throughout his life, love wasn't something he cared for, something that he deems of as useless. When he first met Xu Yongheng, it was merely a good impression that he had felt. When he met Daniel later on, something had changed, as if something had been unlocked. 

Meeting Daniel, a strong sense of familiarity was felt between them. Victor began experiencing something he had never felt before. He knew that there was so much more between him and the soul that resides within Mark, the same soul that had resided within Daniel and Xu Yongheng. When Victor had had that dream about the man dressed in white, his heart had beaten with pain at that moment.

Victor didn't understand but he knew that it had something to do with him. He could put it into words, but he knew that it involved him.

Truthfully, Victor has thought that love would be an endless pain but it was actually a different story once you experienced it. Maybe now, everything had already changed.

Victor wanted to figure out everything, but he knew that he needed time. He had to be patient.

 

"Vic, have you already gone to see Father and Pa?" Lucius walked beside Victor as they entered the palace, his eyes turning to look at him.

Victor smiled, his eyes like the bright moon as he nodded his head, "Yes, I've already gone to meet them. Actually, they had already known about my return for awhile now. Only you didn't know."

Lucius glared at Victor, "So you were trying to hide it from me, weren't you?"

Victor chuckled upon seeing Lucius' reaction to his words. "Not on purpose." Then, remembering something, he asked, "Lucius, do you know Raven Blaxe?"

"Not really. I've heard of him before and seen him at social gatherings, but other than that, I don't really meet up with people. I know that he got into an accident five years ago though." Lucius said as he carefully went through his memories.

Hearing this, Victor raised a brow, "He got into an accident? Was it serious?" Victor's tone made it seem as if he cared but deep down, he was merely trying to pry for more information about Raven.

"His injuries weren't too serious but he was in a coma for two days. After waking up, people said that his personality totally switched. I heard someone say that his mother passed away when he was younger and his father remarried an omega male. Not a lot of word goes around about him. Why are you asking?" Lucius looked up at his brother who was still keeping a smile on his face.

Victor merely laughed it off saying, "I am going to be his instructor soon, I should get to know him especially since he is also a noble. Didn't you say that Raven was chasing after Mark?"

Hearing that, Lucius couldn't resist a smirk that appeared on his delicate face. "He is. He's been trying to go after General Mark for a while now, but General Mark hasn't respond to his advances."

They stopped in front of a huge door and Victor knocked on it.

"Come in!" Hearing Rain's voice, Victor opened the door and Lucius walked in first.

"Hello, Father and Pa." Lucius and Victor greeted Rain and Allen in unison.

Allen looked up from his papers, responding in a deep voice, "Welcome back."

Rain looked at them and showed a sweet smile, "How was your day, sweethearts?" The motherly tone he spoke in couldn't be hidden no matter what. Even though he was originally a prince from Y Nation, he was now a father with a beloved husband.

Lucius held Rain's hand in his own, whispering to him, "Pa, come with me for a bit." 

Hearing the request, Rain nodded his head, following after Lucius after taking a quick look at Allen. 

After they had left, Allen looked at Victor saying, "Did you introduce yourself to them?" 

Already anticipating the question, Victor merely nodded his head. "Yes, I met with them for a moment. I have to say, they were rather interesting compared to the other soldiers I've met before."

Allen raised a brow, the twinkle in his eyes gave him a devious look. "How so?"

"Don't try to hide it, Father, you specifically requested General Mark to sneak attack me, didn't you?" Victor merely responded with a light smirk on his face, looking up to meet Allen's eyes.

Allen let out a soft, deep chuckle. "I did. You've completed your first task. Your next task is to successfully introduce yourself at the royal banquet tonight."

Victor smirked, his eyes glimmering ever so brightly, "Challenge accepted."

10