3.5
413 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Victor looked at Lucius from the corner of his eyes unable to help the brotherly smile that appeared on his face.

Lucius was able to notice and met Victor's gaze. "What?"

Victor seemed to wake with that one word, replying, "Nothing, it's just...you have really grown." As he said so, his face showed a hint of regret. 

Lucius was able to tell what Victor was thinking, and panicked. Immediately, the words flew out of his mouth faster than he could think. "Vic, it's not your fault and I will never blame you, so please forgive yourself. You couldn't control what had happened that day and the only thing that matters now is that you are back with us."

"I know, but, I feel like I missed some of the most important moments of your life, and I wish that I was there to see it. It's not much but I do regret not being there with you." Victor showed a light smile, radiating sullenness.

Lucius merely replied, "Then that's all there needs to be said. Plus, you're here now, we can spend more time together for the time that was lose."

Victor didn't reply, but he smelled a wave of blood in the air and stood in silence.

With Allen's mission to introduce himself at the royal banquet tonight Victor was sure that he would meet Raven and Mark there too. Plus, it wasn't like Victor would be shy or anything like that. As shown before, he was a very good schemer, and loved playing games in real life. Although Victor wasn't truly the character for him, he wasn't feeling bad with it. At least he wouldn't have to keep a frozen face on or pretend to be nice. With Victor's character, he was nice at times but that depended on the person he was meeting.

"Are you two ready?" Rain's gentle voice said from behind them. He walked by Allen, who was holding onto his hand.

"Yes, Pa," Both Lucius and Victor said in unison.

"That's good. The guests will be arriving soon, Victor. Remember your task." Allen spoke next, but he stared at Victor with a taunting smile on.

Victor held back his curse, replying, "Yes, Father." If there was one thing he found out about Allen, it was that this man was evil to his very core. He was like the living devil, which would explain the hidden amusement in Allen's eyes whenever he looked at Victor.

"Good, I'll be awaiting." Allen nodded as he heard Victor's words, then he walked away from the two, dragging along Rain with him. "Let's go, we need some alone time."

Victor heard Allen's words and couldn't help the frozen smile on his face. As Allen and Rain walked away, Victor was able to hear Rain's soft laugh.

"Hey, Lucius," Victor called out to the person by his side.

"Yes?" Lucius replied.

"Are royal banquet usually hard to host? Is there many things that need to be done?" Victor was able to see the smirk and evil expression on Allen's face even though he was so far away, of course he would suddenly be worry. Something had to be wrong, otherwise, Allen wouldn't show the smile that he would've shown to people who fell in front of his eyes.

Hearing the panic on Victor's tone, Lucius held back a smile as his brain wired up a plan. Replying seriously, Lucius said, "No, royal banquets aren't hard to host. It's just that Father and Pa don't host much banquets so it is rare for them to do so. There isn't a lot of things that need to be done, so you don't have to worry." Hah, Lucius was lying without a single sign of flinching away. This was his revenge. Victor should try experiencing one first to find out.

Victor was able to breathe with relief after hearing this, "That's good, I thought that Father was definitely trying to trick me." 

When Lucius heard Victor's words, he turned away his face showed a big grin. His eyes twinkled so brightly, looking very much like Allen's own expression.

 

Victor looked around, his ears about to burst. He didn't know anything that was happening and he was totally confused. He waited at the top of the stairs, hidden behind a door, unable to come out yet.

Rain had told him to wait a bit for his introduction.

So here he was, hiding behind a a great big door and still going deaf. Man...people must really like talking. But who was he to say that? After all, he was the best at talking when he was needed.

"Today, we welcome back my brother who has been abroad for nine years. Please come out, brother."

Getting his signal, the doors in front of Victor opened up as he walked down the white stars. He kept his back straight, his face princely as much as it could be, and a light smile was on his lips. Each step felt like eternality, but Victor didn't panic nor showcased any type of negativity as he walked down the steps, a bright light encasing him.

In the corners of his eyes, he was able to see Mark, and his heart couldn't help but speed.

Mark looked at Victor. Victor didn't walk like someone of royalty, taking big and fast steps instead of slowing down, but even that wasn't able to destroy the aura that bounced off of him. Like the a ray of sun, there seemed to be a light from him that couldn't be dispersed of. And then, the smell of saltiness, like the ocean's air surrounded him. Mark turned to look at Victor who directed his stare to him, and was able to see the playfulness behind his eyes. Captivating. That was the only thing in his mind as he stared at Victor.

[Male lead's love percentage is at 14%.]

Victor merely smiled as he heard Fei Shang's announcement. As he reached Lucius, Victor stood in front of the nobles gathered. Raising a hand to quiet down the level of talking, Victor out his hand to his side as he began speaking.

"Hello to all the ladies and gentlemen gathered here at the royal banquet today. It is my greatest honor to have met each and every one of you. My name is Victor Sky, the eldest son of King Allen and King Consort Rain, the older brother of Prince Lucius. I have just recently came back from my studies abroad under General Luther, and I am still getting use to my role as a prince. As most of you have already known, I have been living abroad for over nine years now. My return this time will be permanent and I intend to get involved with the military." Victor's voice was loud, clear and determined, his light smile was still on his face, but his eyes successfully showcased his resolution.

Victor turned to look at Lucius who nodded at him, then turned to look at Allen and Rain. Finally, turning his eyes to look at the crowd, his eyes stopped as they stared at Mark. 

"I have made a visit to the military base, and I am happy to say that I was not disappointed. I have hopes for our generals and their roles for this nation, and to our soldiers who have put their lives on the line to save our citizens, each of your names will be remembered. As I have just made my return, I don't intend for my return to cause any disruption in the matters that have been currently happening. But, I will acknowledge my role as a prince and intend to put myself in the positions that I need to be in." Victor stopped for a brief moment, watching the faces of the crowd, varying from amazement to relief. As for why, they knew best themselves.

"I will tell everyone this though. I don't plan on letting any actions that I deem unjust slip by. Throughout my years of training under General Luther, I have been taught many...interesting facts about humanity. Treat this is my first and last warning to everyone here. The differences between omegas and alphas are something that I have never noticed before, but if there is one thing I hate most, it is those who use their positions to manipulate people. I'm sure that you know who you are. Do not push my final line." Victor's eyes darkened even as he smiled so gently, sending a chill of terror down people's back.

Then, he let out a chuckle and said, "Please, do enjoy the banquet and thank you to everyone here." Saying so, he politely bowed to show his manners.

A round of applause sounded out and Mark stared silently at the figure before his eyes.

-

 

 "The greatest fear in my life is losing you."

"Who do I love? Someone who is far out of reach yet so close by. That person can make me smile even in the darkest moments of my life. That person, I will swear to love for the rest of my life."

"It was so fun, watching as you broke yourself over me, watching as you pushed away the person who truly loved you. You showed all your suffering and didn't even notice the silent heartbreak of his. Thank you, for being so selfish and breaking his heart. You have made my task so much easier."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't know...I was selfish. I....how did I not notice? Why was I so selfish, so greedy? If I had noticed you, everything would've been different. I'm sorry...please wait for me by the River of Oblivion, I promise to come with you."

"My name is Fei Shang, Fei Qianchi's adopted younger brother. Immortal Luishui, please give me a chance to speak with you. I know a way of saving your brother and recollecting the pieces of his scattered soul. In return, I wish for you to forgive my brother and lighten his punishment."

"He is a demon, evil and cruel. Didn't he murder his family? I heard that he was only ten years old when he committed such an evil crime."

"Stupid son of a who*e. It's because of you that my family has fallen to such ruins. Die! Only when you're dead will my family prosper once more!"

9