3.6
433 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Victor held a glass of wine in his hand as he chatted to a noble. Truthfully, he was just pretending to pay attention when he was really focused on something else. He knew that he could feel Mark's pheromones somewhere, but that guy wouldn't come and chat with him. After thinking it over, maybe it would be better if Victor just went up to him instead.

So after excusing himself, Victor walked towards Mark, who was hiding on the balcony, away from everyone else.

"Hey," Victor casually said as he walked to Mark's side. He could see Mark's side-profile as the man looked up towards the sky, the emotions in his eyes obscure. 

Mark turned his face to the familiar figure by him, his heart jumping. "Hey." The only word he was able to say, his heart unable to calm.

Victor suddenly grinned, raising his brow as he said, "I'm guessing you don't like attending these formal banquets?" Victor carefully kept in ear out, wanting to know what Mark's answer would be.

Mark stopped for a second, choosing his answer before he replied, "I don't have a problem with it, I just don't like talking to people much. It was never a habit of mine to talk to other people much."

Victor was able to catch Mark's words and decided to play a joke. Winking, Victor said, "Then I'm a special case for you."

Suddenly, upon the very cold face of Mark's, Victor was able to see a very light blush on his ear. Unable to stop the feeling in his heart, Victor let out a laugh filled with brightness, a laugh that didn't shy away and was true to the heart.

"I'm just joking, don't worry. I'm sure it would be easier to talk to me than others, I am more outgoing than people would expect. Plus, I don't mind speaking with you, in fact, it's very enjoyable." Victor put on a smile, his eyes twinkled under the stars. From his eyes, an emotion of love was able to faintly show before it disappeared. His eyes looked straight into Mark's.

Mark couldn't help but to quickly turn his head away as Victor looked into his own eyes. He was panicking but on the outside, it didn't show.

Victor was unable to help the smile on his face as he teased Mark. This was actually much more fun than he would've thought. In this world, Mark was cold on the outside but a softie in the inside. This was the man he loved. This was the man who taught him how to love.

"You know, Mark, ever since I've return to A Nation, I've heard a lot about your achievements. Even my own bother deeply admires you. Around me, most people tell me about your achievements at such a young age. It is interesting to know that you have done so much." Victor's voice was low, but it couldn't hide the joking tone he was using. "Mark, do you intend to marry soon?"

Hit by the sudden question, Mark froze as he tried to answer. "I...it will depend." It will depend on what his heart decided because right now, his heart was in a bit of a mess. Replying so, his eyes turned to look at the carefree and wild Victor, whose image was but a ball of sunshine.

"I see," The twinkle within Victor's eyes were hard to hide, but he could care less about that. As his fingers gripped onto the glass of wine, he looked at the red color within it. Then, putting the glass against his lips, he downed the remaining liquid within it. The wine lingered on his lips, an intoxicating image displayed as his eyes were misty. "Then I wish you well, Mark, this was a great conversation."

As soon as Victor said his words, he turned around, heading back inside to join with the others. 

Mark kept his eyes on Victor's back, disappearing from his view and mixing in with the crowd. Putting a hand over his heart, he closed his eyes, the image feeling ever so familiar to him. Being left alone, huh? What a crazy thought...

[Male lead's love percentage is at 20%]

As soon as Victor walked back in, someone immediately walked to him. 

"Your Highness," The older man greeted, holding onto an elegant male's hand.

"Prime Minister, Cole Blaxe and Nile Reasme. It is a pleasure to meet you two," Victor displayed a smile as he greeted the men in front of him. Raven's father and his stepfather, interesting...

"Your Highness, the pleasure is all mine. It is an honor to have met the first prince face to face, much more being able to speak to him." Cole displayed a smile in return, as he looked at Victor, the calculation within his eyes able to be discerned by Victor. Next to him, Nile merely smile obediently in return, a weakness and cowardly aura from him.

Victor felt a blast of nastiness hit him in the face and fought hard to keep his emotions in control. "Thank you for your words, Prime Minister. This must be your new husband, right? I heard that Stri passed away from a disease, and I apologize for not being able to give my condolences then. But, Nile does seem like a very nice and obedient pair for you. A perfect match, it seems." Victor's words were very sharp, his smile was still the same as ever, his eyes not even changing but his words were almost like a poisoned dagger digging into your heart.

Cole's smile staggered, but he quickly regained his momentum. "You must be jesting, Your Highness. No one can predict the matters of life, and I certainly never knew that he would be gone by my side so soon. It took a while to recover from his death but I found Nile who was able to help me through it all. I have to thank Nile for everything so far." 

Victor smiled even bigger, yet it felt almost dangerous. "The Prime Minister's words hold much knowledge and wisdom behind it. Life and death, who will know? If one were to try and take someone's lives, who would be able to blame them? Prime Minister, you are very talented for your deeds, and much wiser beyond your age. It seems that your reputation does you no justice. Would you mind a private conversation with me, Prime Minister?"

Cole's smiles as now frozen and still, but he turned to Nile and smiled sweetly as he said, "Go and refresh yourself, I will come soon."

Nile nodded his head as Cole said so and walked away, leaving the two to talk amongst themselves.

Cole turned to look at Victor, a more serious expression on his face. "Your Highness, by your words, what do you mean with such an ambiguous meaning behind it?"

"Prime Minister, my words do not have such a meaning as you said it does. My words are ineloquent as I am not use to my life as a royalty just yet. If I had caused you any discomfort then I apologize for doing so." Victor's words were not of embarrassment, but it was almost as if he was talking to a child. He was playing around, like a predator playing with their prey.

Cole's first tightened, his expression harsh. He had been in the government for most of his life, he had experienced such situations before. He knew that the first prince was both cunning and wicked, whilst also sharp-witted and a great actor. He was able to mask his emotions perfectly, and put on a smile on his face whilst saying such evil words, with full intentions of riling him up. Since he had much more practice, dealing with so many situations before, he should have an upper hand, yet he wasn't able to fight against the first prince's momentum's at all.

"No, Your Highness is right, it is this official's fault for overthinking about Your Highness's casual words." Hiding his anger, Cole replied quickly, carefully looking at Victor's expression, hoping to dig out an ounce of emotion but finding none.

"Is that so, Prime Minister? Then this prince will have nothing else to say." Victor played around before kicking Cole in a very direct way.

Stifling his curse, Cole bent his back slightly as he bid his farewell. "Then this official will leave, You Highness. May you find joy in the upcoming days."

As Cole turned to walk away, Victor called from behind. "Prime Minister, they say that birds of a feather flock together, beware not to bite off more than you can chew in the end." (Same kind of people are with each other, be careful to not do more than you can afford to lose)

Hearing his words, Cole bit his lips in anger. "Thank you for your wise words, Your Highness. This official is unworthy to have heard such words from Your Highness." Saying so he walked away, not once turning back.

Victor held back a smirk, but the glare in his eyes weren't able to be hidden. Spotting the man who had told him to do so, he immediately walked towards him. "Father, where is Pa?"

Allen turned to look at his son, huffing as he said, "He went to walk around with Lucius. Have you done what I told you to?"

Victor nodded his head, "Yes, I gave Prime Minister Cole a warning. It wasn't direct, but I'm sure that a sly person like him would be able to figure it out. Father, a corrupted person like him, why do you keep him around?"

Allen didn't reply as his eyes zoomed in on Rain, then, he said, "Corrupted he is, but there are many worse than him. For this position, it is best if he remains in it. I told you to give him a warning because he has been getting out of hand lately, if not, as long as he does not draw past my bottom line, I am willing to let him continue piling up his deeds until it is the right moment to replace him. Sooner or later, he will have to give up his position."

"I see, thank you, Father." Victor said, his smile now gone as he looked at Allen. This person was a king, of course his thinking would be different. 

Allen cocked a brow, saying, "If you want to thank me, drag your brother away so I can reclaim my husband."

Victor smiled as he nodded his head and went off to go grab Lucius. Allen was truly possessive.

11