3.8
367 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Father, you asked for me?" Victor opened the door and entered in. He stood to the side, awaiting Allen's words as his face showed a serious expression.

Allen looked up and upon his normally smirky face, a twinge of worry and distress was shown. It was hard to imagine what had made him like this, especially since Victor knew him as that guy that was dangerous but also sarcastic.

"Come here," Allen slowly said, his hand waving Victor over to his desk.

With his brows furrowed, Victor took fast steps towards Allen's side as he peered at the paper within Allen's hands. His eyes quickly skimmed the paper, then his eyes widened.

"Y Nation is planning an attack on us?!" Victor's voice was with both shook and surprise, his emotions unable to be hidden.

Hearing Victor's realization, Allen solemnly nodded. His usually glistening eyes had darkened with concern. It wasn't that he was afraid of anything, he was worried for his husband, Rain. This was his home, his nation, and now it was planning to attack them. Allen wasn't afraid of anything, but the worry he had for his husband outweighed anything. Knowing Rain, he would be devastated, and that was what Allen feared most.

"But why? Isn't this Pa's home, shouldn't they be in an alliance with us?" Victor was confused and his voice couldn't mask his worry and distress.

Allen sighed, his breath heavy. "That's what I want to know. Even though I had already suspected that a nation would attack us in the near future, I never would've thought that it would be Y Nation. I'm not worried for anything else, but I'm afraid that Rain will not take this well."

Hearing Allen's answer, Victor merely knitted his brows even more. His brain was wiring plans and answers as to why they would be going against them. In the end, he could only shake his head. "If Y Nation has decided to attack, it can only mean that they have a different nation helping them out. Although, they should know that attacking us would not benefit them, so why are they being so foolish? I had originally thought that the king of Y Nation was smarter than this, but it only seems like this is their capability."

Allen massaged his temple, he closed his eyes. "This won't be much of a bugger for us, but I'm only worried about Rain. Plus, Y Nation would never do this, they truly loved and treasured Rain."

Suddenly, Victor's eyes brightened. "Then it can only mean that Y Nation has already been secretly taken over. Y Nation has never done any movement like this in the past before, they have no reason to do so. Right now, the nation that we are currently having troubles with is N Nation. If they have already gotten word of my return, then they must be figuring out a way to get me to join the battle and then kill me off. Since they can't make a move out of the blue, they must've taken over Y Nation and secretly buried the news. This way, they can wage war without busting their identity."

"N Nation, I seriously hate their king," Allen spoke his words with extreme hate. "Since I've taken the throne, their king has always been a pain in the back. I won't be surprised if they have done what you said, their nation has never been one for honest actions. They like plotting behind your backs the most."

Victor listened to Allen's words before suddenly offering an idea. "Father, do you think it would be alright if I enter the war as a general? This way, I can hide my identity and enter the war and use my ability to manipulate the soldiers on their side. In this way, we will have less casualties on both sides and no blood needs to be shed."

Allen carefully thought about Victor's offer. "Alright then, I'll let you do so. Though, I hope that you won't be so careless as you have done so in your missions before. Just make sure to talk about this to your Pa and Lucius first. I'll let you do as you wish but tell them, else they'll bite my hands off. I'll gather some generals and tell our plan before secretly moving. I'll also try to convince your Pa."

"Yes, Father. I'll follow your words." Victor nodded his head, hiding the smirk on his face as he stared at Allen beginning to call the generals needed. As he saw Mark's name being drawn, the happiness in his heart merely increased.

 

Mark answer his phone, his voice respectfully saying, "Your Majesty?"

Allen's voice was heard from the other side, regal and imposing, he said, "General Mark, if you don't mind, I have a secret mission to hand to you. I have just gotten a message that Y Nation is planning to attack and I want you to help against them. I'll send you and some other generals to gather up some soldiers and fight against the army. I'll also be sending Prince Victor to help you. I will give this task up to you to decide the best outcome."

"Your Majesty, I will do my best." Mark's voice was without any emotion, but his heart had beaten as he heard Victor's name.

"Then I will leave it to you, General. I know that you will be able to complete this mission."

Mark looked out the window, his brows furrowed, and his heart was in a mess. The past few days, he had been thinking over it carefully. Was it love or was it merely friendship? But that wouldn't explain the beating of his heart, the feelings he had every time he saw Victor's smile. But, going over it, wouldn't it be weird if he did love Victor? An alpha with another alpha, how was that possible? Plus, it was near impossible for him to be with Victor anyways. 

Victor came from a high class standing, his identity as a prince will be something that Mark could never touch. A general and a prince, who would agree to such a marriage, especially between two alphas? Not to mention, Mark had too many people wishing to kill him, he couldn't drag Victor with him. Someone like Victor was out of reach for him.

Mark knew well that people feared and would rather not come close to him. Since birth, he couldn't remember the time that he smiled. His mother and father had always talked about his cold face, his inability to smile or express any emotion other than the fierce glare in his eyes. Mark had never been bothered about this because he didn't care then, now, he wished that he could show a smile to Victor. 

"Longwang, I think I found the one I love."

Mark felt a stabbing pain in his head before it turned to his heart. He took a sharp breath in, confused as to what the voice in his head was. He didn't have any clue, but he felt like the voice sounded so familiar, a feeling within him was evoked. Heartbreak, pain, yet also relief? Mark closed his eyes, the headache in his head not subsiding. It felt like he had heard these words before, as if he could picture everything yet he wasn't able to. Why?

[Male lead's love percentage is at 30%]

Victor smiled as he moved the black rook two spaces to the left. Doing so, he leaned back as he whispered, "I won."

Lucius looked up at once, his voice coming out in a hurry, he exclaimed, "What?! How?" He examined the board, but his eyes weren't sharp enough to notice the slight detail.

"I have your king and queen cornered," Saying so, Victor plucked Lucius' king off the board, twirling it in his finger, a playful expression was on his face.

"Fine, you win. I admit my defeat, but how is someone like you beating me?" Lucius rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms, his eyes glaring daggers at Victor.

Victor let out a laugh as he replied, "Lucius, you're too impulsive. Once you think of something, you will do it right away, not caring about the open holes you leave in your defense. You focus more on offense than your defense, and because of this, I was slowly breaking away your defense and cornering you while you tried to take down my king and queen. Believe it or not, chess really does tell a lot about yourself. You're impulsive, easily fooled but also stubborn."

Lucius tried to hold back his curse as he yelled, "Then I'm guessing that you're patient, but also deadly once you strike. That explains your jerk-like smile," Lucius said his last sentence with scorn.

"Hmm, do you think so? But I believe that I am merely more careful and diligent to all sides and my plan. Until I'm sure of something, I won't make a move. And you, once you think of something, no matter how weird it seems, you'll try it right away. Even so, you are still a child compared to me. Being involved in the military gets you thinking more, especially when working with plans and schemes." Victor moved Lucius' king one space to the left before shifting his queen to five spaces to the right.

Lucius looked carefully as Victor moved his pieces before finally realizing what he had done. Victor had easily broken from his own containment with just two moves. As Lucius looked at Victor, he was suddenly able to see his brother in a new light. His brother had a very deep mind, dangerous but also aspiring.

"Father told me that you will be joining the military as a general. This time, we will be going to war against Y Nation. Vic, are you sure you can play such a role?" Lucius' eyes were filled with worry at the thought of his brother being injured.

Victor softly smiled as he heard Lucius' worry. "Don't worry, Lucius, if Father had felt that this role wouldn't be good for me, he would've never agree to send me to join the war. This time, I'm sure that I will be able to get behind everything that is happening in Y Nation."

"Plus, if I don't go, who will act as the advisor for the battle? I'm sure that my mind will be able to think of a plan that will stump the enemy." Victor smiled, but his smile was also chilling even though Lucius didn't notice.

Then, he looked at the board. Now, there were two kings next to each other, successfully capturing the queen. Victor smiled as he looked at the board, his eyes glinting dangerously as he moved another piece. But, he moved one of the king, successfully capturing the pawn, otherwise, known as the soldier. 

It was going to be fun.

9