The Zappy Girl
448 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Zappy Girl 

Teresa knew what she wanted since her first waking thought. No books about teachers could move her desire, nor friends talking princesses.

She wanted to be a girl who made girls.

Not from paper or cloth. She wanted to make them from all the boys she saw. She even imagined her great-grandfather as a matronly beauty. The feeling was so very natural to her. Every time, she felt pure joy.

Her parents sighed and nudged her away from her hobby but tolerated it for how happily she spoke of it. Any dolls she was bought were former adventurers put into new roles. She sketched her family with all ladies.

When it came to school, she refused to mask her feelings. No matter if it meant teasing and loneliness, she knew her place as she strode across the campus, catching all the new girls with her mental beam of change.

With the years, she was resigned to begrudging eccentricity with her plots (trying to infect girl-making cooties in the boy's restroom and preparing special cupcakes with extra sugar and spice).

It wasn't until junior high that she happened to find a few sympathetic ears among the putdowns. Each hung out with her and breathed in her wide-eyed spirit with optimism. Each had moments of joy. Each seemed to fizzle as pressures pushed for more on all sides.

Despite the friends who came and left, worried that their own dreams might never be fulfilled by just another dreamer, Teresa sailed onward through the years till she had a setback.

While she had a friend who wanted so much for Teresa's ideas to bring real change, Teresa decided to take a physical step towards that real change. The makeover was going well till the injury occurred. Though Teresa's friend was fine after some stitches in the hospital, Teresa's parents took it as a sign that they needed to steer their daughter in other directions.

They gave her new books. They signed her up for classes with different friends and different distractions. But she imagined her ideals into the books she read, and she pondered transformative results from her classes, no matter how tangential. However far they tried to move her, change was her center.

She learned to meditate on her wishes as she rested. In the quiet darkness, she could see the world reshaped the way she always wished it.

Into high school, her feelings did shift as she met girls who wished to be among the boys. It took her time at first, because it seemed to go against her nature. But, eventually, she realized the feeling was still the same underneath. It may have been the other way around but it was a change and feeling that kindled something bright inside her.

And so the girl who made girls (and sometimes boys) made her way through her classes. She wished with all her heart that there were jobs out there that fulfilled her life-long desire. She searched and eventually found a little sparkle.

She read about a woman who worked at a club that employed female impersonators. It was short of her dream, but she seized onto it and worked hard with makeup. She eventually found her way into theater and film after college. She even spent time working with female impersonators. It brightened her day. But still, she needed more.

She focused all the time…she focused so hard with all her heart. But her dream still seemed so distant.

Her dream flagging in the passage to middle age, she got a call from a girl who said she knew her in high school.

Teresa had coffee with her. At first she didn't remember, until it finally struck her. This girl was one of the boys she had focused on. Her eyes were so bright. She had a presence which inspired Teresa. This was what she'd been looking for.

The girl said that the change had happened naturally over several months during college and that, so far as she could tell, everyone but Teresa knew her as a girl and she even had some memories of a female existence.

Teresa, despite her boundless joy, felt a twang of doubt from all the years of hope stretching out for pale shadows. But the spirit of the little girl inside her burst above it.

With the altered girl, she checked everything, she tried little experiments. She found more and more substance to her dream. She found more and more wide-eyed wonder.

Instead of wishing and hoping for her dreams, Teresa turned her eyes forth and decided to will them into being.

She called up a friend who she had wished upon for a long time. The girl-by-heart listened with quiet skepticism but could feel Teresa's energy over the phone and soon visited.

Neither knew what to do or what to say to the other. Teresa looked her friend over and pushed too hard at first. Her heart, denied so long, tried to burst out and there was nothing. But they both persisted. Teresa returned to her meditation and the love of her life.

Time and change passed between them. And the world abided a girl with a dream.

The first changes were small. They began with mutual focus and could easily be dismissed as a bit of hair falling out because of hormones. Then, a mere shift of the face perhaps due to an especially close shave. A bit of weight loss from good eating.

But from there, the differences all began to pile up into so much more. They accelerated and Teresa and the new girl were carried along for the ride. They cried together as the new girl's breasts developed in ways that years of hormones had not accomplished. And there was nothing but joy as each day in a month brought steady shrinking between her legs.

Teresa felt tiredness after each time with her friend but the change of the next day always recharged her.

Though the effort took as many months as the other friend, finally, Teresa had her girl by her hands.

She would be the beginning of many former boys (and girls) to feel the touch of Teresa's dreams finally brought forth.

2