Journal Entry 11
778 6 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 11

I walked for a while in that tunnel, the cool breeze slowly growing stronger, the scent of winter coming to me. I walked for a while longer before stopping and setting up my resting spot for the night, smashing out a spot in the wall, and meditating before going to bed. The landscape hadn't changed and I had no strange dreams, it seemed like I was lucky and nothing strange happened while I was sleeping either. I got up, got ready, then got out of there, starting my constant march.

As I climbed I chewed on my jerky, already down a pound of it when I heard a noise from ahead of me, like a howling. I took a second and put my normal jacket on, it was starting to get colder, and I needed the layers. I was left having to poorly store it in my long coat pocket with most of it sticking out. I continue on, the air getting colder and colder, causing me to put my hood up, zip up the jacket, and button up the long coat.

I ended up walking for three hours before seeing a faint light ahead, the faintest glow and shimmer. With a slight pip in my step, I start walking faster, the light growing brighter, and the cold getting stronger and stronger. Eventually, after 10 minutes of walking, I made it to the source of light, shining, beautiful ice-covered rocks. I slowed to a stop upon seeing them, the path beyond barely visible, a hole at the top of the rock pile, blowing fresh air and frozen winds in. It was the outdoors, the beautiful outdoors.

“YES YES YES! FUCK YOU CAVE! I DID IT! WOOW!” I yelled, my voice echoing behind me, rebounding my celebration. I was jumping with joy, delighted that I was almost out, and just had to make it past the frozen rock slide ahead of me, and at the top was a small hole, about 6 inches around. I crawled up the treacherous rocks, sliding down here and there. Finally, I got to the top, after making some handholds with my chipping hammer. Peaking out, I was first blinded, then I saw a beautiful landscape before me, it looked like I was at a plateau on a mountain, clouds hanging above me in the distance, and a gorgeous forest in the distance below.

I was stunned by the sight, I had actually been climbing up a mountain, wait, no, a volcano. I slid to the bottom of the rock pile and stood there, thinking about what I was gonna do when I got out. I walked back a good way, to about the point I could barely see the light. I decided to set up camp there for the day, seeing as this was the last time I knew I'd be able to take a nap in an enclosed location. I had no idea how I was going to get down, but one thing was for sure, tomorrow I was going to get out of there. Carefully, I smashed out a suitable alcove to lay down in for a change, wanting to actually fully relax and sleep. I rolled out my sleeping bag, and my blanket, and laid back, meditating, then falling asleep.

21