Journal Entry 31
430 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 31

I woke up refreshed, my back felt great, I felt well-rested, and I didn't feel like I was burning up. I sat up, stretching my arms, appreciating my extra foot of ceiling height. I crawled out of my hut and stood up straight, cracking my back, and yawning away the sleep. 'today' I told myself, 'is gonna be a good day'. I grabbed some logs quickly drying them out and threw them on the fire. I hacked off a chunk of half-frozen meat, and threw it on the cooking rack I had built, smoking it slowly. I cleaned up around my campsite, getting rid of the snow, grabbing more sticks to turn into spears for my ever-growing spear fence. Sitting down at my fire, I carved up the bundle of sticks, waiting for my breakfast to cook.

It took an hour, I was able to carve up a good point in five minutes or so, and got twelve spears done, the scent of the meat slowly whetting my appetite, making my stomach start to rumble a bit. I pulled the chunk of meat off and started chowing down, the juices dripping down my chin as I bit into it. The sweet and spicy was complemented by the smoky flavor, and it was almost falling apart in the middle. I quickly ate the rest, filling my belly, and warming me up internally. I relaxed, going over a mental checklist, making sure I had everything ready for my descent into the unknown forest.

I put my robe on, equipped my spears, bat, ax, and put my baton and sheath on my belt, thinking its compact form would be useful underground, wondering why it had pretty much slipped my mind in the mountain. I started jogging into the forest, slowly picking up speed into a sprint, the feeling of speed coming to me again like in my dream, and soon I reached the rock and hole, and came to a stop, checking the area, and making sure it was clear. I readied myself, grabbing a spear, and proceeded carefully down the hole, alert to any noises.

I got down much faster than last time, quickly walking down the tunnel, alert and ready, feeling a gentle wind blowing from behind, bringing cold air with it. The tunnel was well lit by the Manaphage and once I made it to the underground, the trunks of the trees as well. I slid down the side of the spire when I reached the open air, excited to be able to get down and start exploring. I walked to the closest trunk and stabbed at it with my talon knife, finding it pierce the bark easily, and with just a little work, I peeled off a large chunk of the bark, making a clear indicator of where I was. I placed the chunk of bark at the foot of the spiral up, planning on using it for some crafts or shielding later. I started forward, not knowing exactly which way I was going, but as I went I marked trees, and eventually, I could no longer see the spire behind me.

I looked around, making sure I was alone, before closing my eyes, and listening for anything, hoping to hear something, and I did. I first heard the random drip of water every now and then. I heard creaking, and felt slight movements of the trees above me, the wind seemed to have been shaking the trees rather harder than I thought. As I walked, I would occasionally stop and listen again, making sure I did not hear anything approaching me. I walked for an hour, slowly delving deeper into the forest when I reached my first major landmark, besides the path upwards, a giant sloped wall, it seemed to be part of the mountain, as the rock under the thin layer of detritus seemed to be similar stone like the ones I had been breaking and sanding. I looked back at the fairly straight path I had made, and sighing, I started walking back, planning out what I would have to do next.

sorry about the short chapter, i didnt have time to work on it yesterday, and had to rush it today

12