Journal Entry 35
395 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 35

I woke up to a bright light shining from the alcove next to me, glancing in from above, I saw the little pup shining brightly, it was laid there, its tail wagging just a little. I peeked outside, seeing that it was about time to wake up, I pulled myself out, and stretched, ready for the new day. I started by cooking up breakfast, made of meat and more meat, I melted some snow in a small stone bowl I hastily crafted and shredded the meat before placing it in another bowl for the pup. I set them by the entrance, the occasional snores of the glow pup growing quiet, before it poked its head out, and looked at me, before pulling its head back in, scared. I rolled my eyes a little bit, but turned back, and started eating my food, contemplating what I had to do, and how I had just changed what I was going to have to do, I now had a monster(?) as a pet, was there a difference between monsters and animals on this planet? I didn't know the answer yet, but I believed it had to do with taste, I couldn't figure it out yet, but the fact that the double-cat didn't have a distinct flavor when I absorbed it made me curious, and I didn't think that the rattipede had had a flavor, unless it was umami, or something subtle like that, though the jerky didn't really have anything besides a meat taste.

I finished up my breakfast and got to work building up my fence. Before, it was just a basic outline, but if I wanted to have a pet, I would want to keep it contained, at least for now. I started by grabbing the longer sticks, and started weaving them between the spears I had planted, making the beginnings of a woven wall, and packed snow between the cracks and such, making it a solid foundation. I made sure to melt and freeze water into a thick layer of ice, further reinforcing the fence. I was so into my work, I didn't notice the glow pup had started eating the meat from the bowl, and every now and then, I heard the sounds of lapping water. I was done with about half the wall before lunch, and turned around, and saw it was done eating and drinking, and had curled up partially outside the cubby I made, watching me work.

I walked over to the bone pile, and grabbed a rib long thin bone from the top, probably a rib, and walked over, and placed it in front of the pup, which quickly pulled itself back into the hole. I sat down, roasting a large hunk of meat, and prepared a slow cook of bird beast for dinner or breakfast, whenever I remembered it really. I grabbed a couple of strips of leather and started working on harness for my new companion, whistling the eight-step tune, still trying to figure out the pattern, I kept trying combinations, before realizing that I wouldn't be able to understand if I got it right. I knew if I wanted to get it right, I was going to have to hear it properly, but that involved getting affected by some sort of magic I had no idea about, and I doubted it would walk away like the cow-bear if it knocked me out.

I was done with the harness by the time meat was done cooking, and pilled it off the spit, placing some more in the bowl, shredded and wet, the water bowl once again filled. I sat to the side, and started eating, every now and then making little adjustments to the harness, before starting on the leash. I had grabbed a long sheet of leather and had to cut it into a long rope, weaving together a couple of strands to make it strong. I finished up my little project, and got back to work building my fence of wood, snow, and ice, hoping I would finish up before night.

The sun was setting as I put the finishing touches on my fence, standing three to four feet, and I had just finished it when I realized I had made it so there was no gate, but I had given myself quite the spacious room, I included the bone, meat, and leather piles, but had put up smaller walls around those, didn't want the pup to get into those while I was out. It had been a long and short day, a lot of simple work, but it had been fulfilling, and I finally had a larger area walled off, something I had been meaning to get to for a while. The glow puppy had come out, and stretched its legs in my now walled off the campsite, walking around with a limp, avoiding me, and once laying down really close to the fire. I had been trying to get close to it, and it had always walked away, but when I finally sat down for dinner, and grabbed my stewing meat, and poured some in its bowl, it finally came over to me, sitting somewhat close by. I reached out my hand to pet its soft little head, but it pulled away, a little resigned, I pulled my hand back and finished up my dinner, leaving my dirty stone bowl out, and threw more meat, snow, and some bones into the large cauldron, and mixed it around with a stone ladle I made for just such purpose.

Soon I started getting ready to go to bed, putting more wood on the fire. The little pup having tired itself out walking around, walked back into its cubbyhole, a little yawn coming from its mouth. I warmed the heating stone earlier, and warmed it again, noticing that it had warmed my side too. I laid down to sleep, and entered my meditation, noticing nothing significant had changed, maybe the waterfall had grown more, but it was at the point of which small incremental growth seemed insignificant. I sat down once again on top of the falls, and looked out at the forest, figuring out where I should explore tomorrow night, as I was interested in finding out more about my mindscape, and it was about time to do so.

12