Journal Entry 36
371 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 36

I woke up later than usual, the sun was shining down on me, and when I looked through the alcove in the wall, the glow pup wasn't sleeping there. Worried, I crawled out of bed and saw the pup running around, stopping every now and then to chew on the now well gnawed on bone. I smiled to myself and got up fully, the pup stopped for a second, looked at me, then went back to playing. I walked over to my giant pot and took a sip from the ladle, tasting the well-cooked meats, the bones had turned to mush, breaking down to be easily ground under the ladle, and I slowly did so, breaking everything down into very thick meat and bone paste. I took a sip of the substance and relished in the taste the bone had added, and I could taste the slight twinge from the snow had added rather than detracted from the taste, and I loved it.

I scooped out two bowl fulls, one for me, and one for the pup, and whistled to the pup, before setting the bowl down. It looked over and saw the bowl, steaming full of food, and stopped. I stepped back aways, and sat down, and started scooping up my food, occasionally getting small chunks of bone and meat, pebble-sized really, and they disintegrated in my mouth. By the time I was done eating, the pup had walked over and was quickly eating everything up. I sat back, making sure I didn't bother the pup, and relaxed.

I didn't feel like doing much today, I had completed a rather important task yesterday, and felt I deserved something rather easy, and decided I would cut down a few trees with the Manaphage, so I could get to work using them as my walls for my fence, and hut. I also wanted to make a proper shovel, one that I could use to dig up what dirt I could and use that for insulation, along with the smaller sticks and tree detritus. Lastly, I wanted to raise the hut to the point that I could stand up fully, without bumping the ceiling.

I got up when the glow pup was done eating and had lied down close to the fire, and I quickly hopped my fence, careful not to gut myself on the short spikes sticking through. I walked a ways away and started grinding down the trees, shoving the Manaphage into them, and using it as a short chainsaw, slowly cut through them, toppling them over, landing them next to the fence wall I had, leaving tall stumps, about chest height. It took me all day to fell four trees about as thick around like a tire, as I had to recharge my mana about eight times, and make lunch.

It was getting dark when I finished up, my arm was killing me from the slow sawing motion back and forth. My shoulder was chiming in, as I had tried to push the second one to fall closer to the camp, and ended up landing it on top of the first one. Thankfully I was going to have to break them all down anyway and wasn't to put out. I was happy none of them landed in the campsite, and I was happy with my haul, as I was able to gather up a ton of sticks for the fire, I didn't have to worry about that for a while now.

I hopped over the wall and the glow pup turned, looking at me, and ran up to me, ran a circle, and ran back to his food bowl. I chuckled, and walked over, it looked like the scamp at least associated me with food, which pleased me a little bit, and I settled in for the night, eating dinner, taking care of little things, and sharpened a few more spears. Soon enough I was tired and saw the pup had already gone to bed. I figured I should follow suit and crawled into my hut, warming the stone, and laid down, and entered meditation, my plan for exploration filling my mind.

12