Journal Entry 43
333 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 43

Lupe was at my side as we jogged, picking up the pace to a dead run, following the marks on the trees, dodging around the trees, we were able to get all the way to a sprint for short periods of time when the path ahead was clear, and the marks were all visible. I was shouting in excitement, the under forest was essentially clear of debris, and my voice was ringing out, scaring things in the distance, every now and then flits of movement catching my eye. We soon made it to the rock and hole up, and quickly ascended, reaching the top and collapsing at the entrance, laying in a patch of snow, sunlight peaking just on the horizon.

Lupe lay next to me all tuckered out, and I had to carry him a ways to a tree and tie off his leash, before slowly climbing a tree. I reached the top after an excruciating climb, and looked around, looking until I caught the faintest wisps of smoke on the horizon, coming from the left, far in the distance, I was happy my idea worked and took a break where I was, watching the sunrise, taking in the beautiful view. I waited a good 30 minutes until the sun was shining on the collected snow of the treetops, blinding me with its reflective whiteness.

I clambered back down, finding Lupe still very tired, when we got back we were gonna sleep like logs. I scooped him up, finding that he felt a little heavier, and started back to my campsite, not before marking down the direction the smoke was coming from. The walk back was a long one, that I barely remember, I was tired, and the path back I had walked so much, I knew it by heart, and before long, I made it back home, slamming the door behind me, and grabbing a now cold scoop of meat paste, and scarfed it down, feeding an equally tired Lupe by hand, before collapsing into bed, and fighting sleep, meditating, before passing out in the mindscape.

I woke up a long time later, dreams filled with frivolities, and looked down at Lupe, curled up next to me in bed, head as always resting under the Manaphage. I got up slowly, not seeing any light shining in from my roof chimney, I reached up, and found the entrance blocked by snow, rolling my eyes, I cleared the snow away and melted it, allowing faint light to come in, indicating that it was already late in the day.

I walked out of my room, and grabbed several logs for the fires, and started them up, drying the logs, lighting the fires, and started cooking up more meat for breakfast. I grabbed the stool, and brought it over to the fire, sitting down, and thinking about what I had to do next, investigate the new hole down, or try to fix my sleep schedule. I poked my head out the door and took a look and found the sun was indeed already sinking on the horizon, jeez, I had slept much longer than I thought. I grabbed the table I left outside from before and brought it back in, sitting at it, eating a chunk of meat.

Lupe came out looking bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, and sat down in front of his bowl, looking at me expectantly. I tore off a chunk and threw it in, the water bowl already cleaned and refilled. He started eating right away, tearing into the food like he was starving. We finished around the same time and leaned back, Lupe copying my actions. I chuckled, and asked, “you wanna go for another midnight run, or you wanna help fix our sleep schedule?”

“bur...”

“Still feelin' tired little guy?” He laid his head down next to the food bowl, clearly still tired, “fixing out sleep schedule it is” I grabbed some wood, and my knife, and got to whittling.

12