Journal Entry 54
267 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 54

Don't you hate it when you fall asleep at the wrong time, like your so fucking exhausted, you don't know what to do, and just blink yourself asleep. One minute you are waiting on a fire the next its getting cold in your hut of a room and there's an impression of your tabletop on your cheek. I got up from my chair, stretching, and picked up the still sleeping Lupe, and placed him on my cot, before throwing more wood on the fires and more snow into the pot till it was brimming with it.

I clambered into bed after my chores, having noticed the full bowls of food and water where empty, 'good he ate', I thought before promptly passing out under something, my bed having more of a seductive call than a siren, and without the hangups surrounding it.

I slept for an indeterminate amount of time, but I awoke to two growling stomachs and a licking on my face. Blearily I got to my feet, and half eyed I grabbed meat and water, and once again filled our bowls with food and water. Eat sleep eat repeat, heh, I quickly ate my slab of rare meat, the exterior charred and the inside a bright pink, clearly half-frozen right before cooking.

I woke up as I ate, feeling good with a full stomach and a warmish meal. Now all I needed was a cup of tea and id be very happy. I sat down on the ground next to Lupe, rubbing his gently head as he laid back and rested with a full stomach. I got to my feet after an hour or two, and threw more wood on the fire, before getting to organizing my things. I didn't gain much from the venture, but my prized possession of an oat bar was placed in a special place, I didn't know what to do with it yet, but I knew it would be saved for a special occasion, and probably eaten in parts on several occasions.

I went outside to take a look and replenish my snow inside, as well as clear the snow around my hut. Before that, I quickly cut out a dog door, with a working flap made of leather. It might let in a little more cold air, but it was better than leaving the door cracked for Lupe. Anyway, I got back to melting and moving, clearing a circle around my hut, and adding walls wherever I needed them.

I cleared half the circle of snow before Lupe came out and joined me, running around the snow and jumping with joy, I guess he was really sick of the meat-bone-broth past stew stuff as was I. Grabbing up more snow and melting it, I found it was getting dark, and colder, and I was wide awake, and had nothing to do besides clearing the snow and kept at it, well into the night, clearing the rest of the snow around my hut, and putting the finishing touches on my walls. Finally, I had a definitive house built now, and it was insulated with a thick layer of snow.

I finally went back inside my home and started to compress the snow inside, the sight of it bothering me at this point, and I wanted to appreciate my wood walls. I sat down at my desk table and ate a scrumptious dinner, the flavors getting more and more muted the more I ate the meals. I need to hunt new creatures, and this time I needed to actually not get attacked by what I was trapping, fucking snakes.

I started drawing plans for my new ideas, traps, and hunting patterns, and I had to train up Lupe into fighting form, which should be easy since he already knew how to kill somewhat. I mean he helped rip off the dragon thing's wing for me and ate its innards out from under it. I got ready for bed as the sun was rising, it was a long and short kind of day, and it left me exhausted, and I soon crashed onto my bed, swiftly entering a deep meditative state and passing out.

9