Chapter 4 “Humans”
1.7k 5 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I've been following the stream for a while now. Haven't seen anything or heard anything other then birds. I would think that maybe I could catch one to eat but they stay in the trees. Can fox's climb tree's? Let me try...  no, no they can not. At least I cant and now my back and left side hurt a little bit. I could try turn back and then climb the tree, but I really don't think that its actually going to get me a bird.

No fish in the stream either. Not that I could do anything if there was. The current looks strong enough to take my little body with it. 

Just walking along practically starving to death. At least it feels like it. I should know from past experience and I know im not. Just being dramatic. 'hmmm' I think my personality is changing. Odd. Also when I meet someone what should I tell them my name is? My old name? 'hahahah' no way. My old name was a man's name, but middle name went both ways. Do I even want something related to that life following me into this one? I don't think so. Did this body already have a name? Idk.

Almost 2 of the moons have disappeared. I'm not sure what was happening before when it seemed like time was frozen or whatever. Maybe my mind was just working on overdrive. I've pretty much perfected walking at this point. I have adapted to this body rather fast, it must be a magic thing.

I smell something, well I Always smell something with this new nose. I mean I smell something new and it smells good.. it could be people. It could be anything. Nothing ventured nothing gained right? In my past life I wouldn't have checked, but the rules I learned in that world don't apply that well in this one. Also I don't want to be alone. I start to make my way towards the smell. It takes me away from the stream, but at least its not on the other side, that would have a whole other issue.

Now i can smell smoke as well, I feel a little relief that at least that smells the same as when I was human. I'm also now apprehensive. Fire means humans right? I still need to be careful. What would they do to a fox pup? What would they do to a nude Fox-girl? Idk. I keep going towards the smell, but slower. Now I can hear the cracking of the fire. I keep moving forward now I hear small rustling noises, I freeze.

The rustling stopped. I continue forward. Ahead of me is a big bush and I can tell that on the other side is a clearing. I decide to go into the bush and peek out of it. I poke my head out of the bush a little bit so I can see. Humans. There's 4 wagons off to the side of a dirt road and about 10 tents to the side of the wagons with the fire in-between them. There is a guy sitting on top of one of the wagons, he's not looking towards me, but towards the open plains across the road, strange. I would be watching the forest, but maybe there isn't anything in here? I mean i didn't run into anything, but its hard to believe there is only some birds and a naked fox-girl in here.

I'm also being assaulted by smells and noises. Just overloaded with them and most of them are bad. I'm doing my best not to breathe through my nose. The noise isn't loud so it isn't terrible. [Ding] [Ding] 'jesus christ' That scared the shit out of me. Not literally, almost though. I did jump a little. I pulled my head back into the bush just in case I made any noise and to check the notification.

[You have Gained 1 level in the skill Stealth!]

[You have Gained the skill Stealth!]

Well that's good I guess. Does that mean its a passive skill? How do skills work? I'm a little afraid of Fox-kin Transformation since it seems to work just by thinking about it. Well whatever. I stick my head back out of the bush.

The dude is still on the wagon facing the other way. I also see some horses? and oxen? They look weird though, but not too different just.. bigger. Maybe because im so small now. The rustling noises seem to be coming from the tents, there is also a creaking from one of the wagons every now and then. The smell that smell good is coming from a pot next to the fire...

I'm way too hungry not to try and sneak up to it and eat something. I only see that one guy on watch. 'Well here I go.' My nerves are wrecked. My whole body is shaking. Calm down. Breath in, breath out. Repeat. Repeat another time. Repeat until good. Okay, i'm good to go. I bring my body close to the ground and start sneaking towards the pot. I suddenly have the thought that i'm completely white and i'm trying to sneak. I cant even tell how dark it is because of my stupid vision. I'm an idiot. I shouldn't be doing this, but i'm already half way there.

I hear a groan from one of the tents next to me. I freeze staring at the tent. I see movement from the tent, I immediately drop down as low as i can. They come out and scratch their groin grumbling something and walks towards the trees. I don't move a muscle. I hear the sound of water splashing onto the ground and smell something I don't want to. I hear another groan, but one of relief. Then he comes back and returns to his tent.

I'm shaking again. Breath in, breath out. Man, it seems I've become a scaredy-fox. Maybe I care about this life. I mean I don't feel like an empty shell anymore. Anyway, back to business. Food. I check the guy on the wagon again, he's still looking out at the plains like he's going to set them on fire. I get back up and start creeping towards the pot. At this point it smells so good im actually starting to droll. Which just feels gross.

I am now only a few feet away. I check around me real quick, check the guy on the wagon. Everything is good. I go the last little bit and stand up on my hind legs and put my front paws on the lip of the pot. I look down into it, its some kind of stew that smells amazing. I look around me again. All clear. I put my head down into the pot and start eating and its even better then it smells, but i'm having the same problem as when I drink water. Its such a pain in the ass trying to eat in fox form. 'I should have turned into huma-' "Noooo!!" Pain, nothing but pain. [Ding] [Ding] [Ding] I passed out. 

 

30