Chapter 15 “Getting a Name”
1.7k 5 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Come now. I've let you sleep for quite awhile~" Mistress whispers in my ear. "We have already been at the village for an hour, sleepy head." My body protests that statement. I hurt all over. I wonder if there is healing magic or maybe potions. That would be nice. I sit up. I look at her. She is decked out in her armor and has a big smile on her face. I hear footsteps and looks towards the door. Its open and James is standing there. I see true sunlight for the first time. 'Holy shit, will I be able to see the sun today?'

"Up you go" Mistress picked me up. We started moving towards James. James had a tablet in one of his hands. I mean it looked like a tablet. It was glossy and everything. When we got to him Mistress put me down then took out a knife from somewhere. She took a knee and grabbed my hand and sliced my palm with. "Owww" I involuntary exclaimed, she didn't hit me for doing so though. She probably will later.

"Give it to me" Mistress said to James. He handed down the tablet to her. Now that it is closer I can see a glyph of some kind on it. Mistress presses my cut hand, palm down, onto the middle of the glyph. It glows a ruddy red color. She lets go of my hand. 

"Give her a health potion James." Mistress then gets up and walks to her desk and sits. James pulls a Vial out of one of his pouches and hands it to me.

"Drink" I take a look at it. It has a cork-like stopper at the top. 'So there are Health potions.' I pull out the cork and smell it. No smell at all. I pour it into my mouth and it tastes like chalk. Why do I know what chalk tastes like? Because when I was in school a punishment some teachers would give was cleaning the chalk board erasers. That shit would cover you in chalk. I feel my body start to heat up then tingle all over. The first thing I notice is I can see out of my left eye again. I look down at the hand she cut. It is closing right before my eyes and feels very warm almost hot. Its also crazy itchy. 'That's fucking cool' I would like to say that I feel like a million bucks, but I don't. I'm probably to injured to actually be healed all the way.

"Everything okay Miss Kira?" James asks Mistress.

I look over at her and she is blankly staring at the tablet. When she doesn't respond James walks over to her and looks over her shoulder at the tablet. I see his eyes widen slightly. Of course. Nothing good can come out of this. 'What is that thing?'

"Huh, no name? That's strange. She also has Inventory.." He turns and looks at me. "How does she have that?" I hear him whisper to himself. 'Okay, okay.. Calm down. This is actually good. This is my chance to think of a lie ahead of time, sweet. Thank you James!' I guess my other skills are not weird. That's another blessin-.

"Its also her only skill.. " Mistress says. 'Uhhh, well shit. Wait, this still isn't bad, its just less things to lie about right?' Mistress is in front of me.

"So you were telling the truth. You are only 2" Mistress announces. 'huh? I am?' She doesn't look happy though. "Your parents didn't name you? What did they call you?"

"T-they umm called me ki-uh c-child? Mistress?" Maybe I should have went with baby. I'm so bad at thinking on my feet. I'm a slow thinker. I like to mull over things. I'm also aware i'm not reacting to my situation correctly. i'm not even looking for a way to escape. My mindset from the end of my last life came with me. I spent my whole life surviving in one way or another until I didn't want to anymore and fuck my rules. Then i'm thrown into a new life that has me struggling to survive immediately. I have to decide if I want to live or jus-.

"Hmm.. Maybe they weren't really your parents." Mistr-Kira muses. "That explains why you wouldn't tell me your name, hehehe." she giggles. "Temple, abandoned in the woods, no skills or spells. Well, other then one you shouldn't have..." She continues "Were you a problem child? Did you get in a lot of trouble?" 'Fuck! I can't let her think no one wanted me.'

"No!" I yelled, but it came out like I was a child throwing a tantrum. Mistress smiles. 'God damn it. I didn't say Mistress.' Stupid child body. I forgot what it looks like when a child try's to be adamant in denying something.

"Hahahah" James is chuckling.

"Heheh" Mistress lets out a little giggle. "Sure you weren't. Don't worry, i'll make sure you become a good girl soon. I also came up with a name for you. Yuna will be your name now." [Ding] [Name has been assigned!] 'Ughhh, what kind of name is that?' I have a feeling I won't be able to change it..

"Yuna? From Yunalesca? That's actually pretty funny, hahah." Laugh's James while looking over at Mistress. Mistress grins and nods her head. 'Yunalesca? Why does that sound familiar?'

"So does this mean we are going to the dungeon then?" James ask's.

"Yep, First we need to go over to Rastlin. He better have everything ready." Mistress says with a frown appearing. "Once the seal is applied we can head out. Go get everyone ready."

"He should be ready for you Miss Kira. I'll go get John and Faye as well. He needs to get her trained up and she needs a seal too." James states as he walks out.

"Oh, that's right. Good thinking James!" Mistress praises him. She turns to me. "Come, i'll give you your punishment later." She says while walking towards the door. I hurry after her. 'Yay, punishment. I looove the anticipation.'

"Yes, Mistress. Coming." After sleeping and that health potion its much easier to keep up with her. Though my head is still a little groggy. We head outside. The tents are set up like usual, but I don't see very many people. Even the guy that's on top of the wagon is gone. No sign of the other slaves. I look up and blind myself. I was thinking that maybe it would be like a red or even blue sun. As far as I can tell from the glimpse I got it looks like my old sun. I'm slightly disappointed. Mistress heads straight for the next wagon. Which would be wagon #2. When we get to it I notice that it also has steps. Mistress doesn't even bother with knocking and barges in. My nose is assaulted with all kinds of smells. Some earthy tones and acidic ones as well. Mostly its B/O.

"Damnit! I thought I told you to clean in here Rastlin!" Mistress yells. I follow her into the wagon. I was expecting a mess but everything is rather tidy. It rather similar to Mistress's wagon. There is a bed at the other end and a desk, well desks, and chests all over. The only addition is that there are also shelves and a few cabinets placed on the walls. The shelves have a net if front of them to stop the contents from coming out. Its a mix of books and vials. But there are stains everywhere, one spot even seems to be eating into the wood floor.

"I'm having Hanz clean in here tonight, calm your tits." Rastlin says in a wispy but deep voice. I look over at him. He is standing at one of the desks. It looks like he was in the middle of mixing something when we came in. He looks to be in some sort of purple dress robes. He has long gray scraggly and greasy hair. A long face with beady black eyes and thin lips. Also has quite a few wrinkles. I would put him at late 50's. He is also the source of the B/O.

"And what about you? Is he going to clean you as well?" Mistress chastises.

"Fuck you" Rastlin says then utters a few more obscenities, I assume. I guess this isn't a master servant relationship.

"Ughhh" Mistress groans. "Do you have everything ready for the seal?" I wonder what this seal is.

"Everything, but blood." He turns back to what he was mixing. 'Blood?' Then he goes around and picks up a few vials around the wagon and adds a different amount from each to the mix. Mistress has approached the desk? table? w/e no one is paying attention to me. There is a desk next me. 'I going to be punished later anyway' I decide. I walk over to it. I can only reach some of the draws and not actually see what's on top of it.. I open the bottom one. It has a bunch of Collars in it. Interesting. I pick it up and look at it. On a whim I think about putting it in the Inventory thing I completely forgot about until a few minutes ago. It vanishes. 'Cool' I grin.

A sudden thought pierces through my foggy brain. I reach up to my own Collar and try to put it in the Inventory. (sigh) 'Of course, that would have been to easy.' I guess i'm just lucky it didn't pull right through my neck and cut my head off trying to get into the Inventory. That would have been brutal. I close the drawer and open the next one. It has books in it. I pick one up and surprisingly I can read it. It says [Logbook] then has a number next to it. #5 then 30,887. No idea. I put it back and move on. The next one has loose scraps of paper and a few pen/pencil shaped cylinders only they are a solid piece of material. Idk what those are either. Moving on.

There is a drawer under the top of the desk. I manage to pull it open, but I cant see into it. I reach up and feel around. I feel something and grab it (BANG) I jump with a start and yank my hands out of the drawer. The sound came from where Mistress is. I can here Rastlin yelling something. I look over to see if a hit is coming my way. They are standing where they were and are now arguing with each other. Rastlin is throwing his hands around. Must be an Italian. 'Fuck that scared me.'

"Because I want to, that's why." Mistress asserts. I turn back and close the drawer. Then walk back to where I was. Right when I stop moving Mistress turns to me. 'Man, maybe I do have some luck after all' 

"Come over here Yuna." It's going to take some time for me to get used to this new name of mine. 'Phhhh. Yuna, I mean come on. I'm American I don't want this name.'

"Right away, Mistress." I hurry over to her. 

"Give me your hand" She commands. I extend my hand out towards her. Its at this point I realize I still have that thing from the drawer in my hand and I panic. I try to put it into my inventory. I feel it disappear. (sigh) 'Thank the gods.' Mistress takes my hand and cuts my palm again. 'Why even bother healing me if you are just going to cut it open again?' I complain. I notice that Mistress has her palm cut too. She holds my hand then reaches for one of the two bowls on the table. She brings it to over and puts it under my hand then drops some of my blood into it. Then puts it back onto the table.

"Good?" Mistress asks.

"Should be fine" Rastlin grunts. He then grabbed both bowls. His hands stared to glow. Then his hands and the bowls are covered in a sinister looking black mist. It soon dissipates. He hands a bowl to me and Mistress.

"Drink" he says while glaring at me. I gulp and look into it. It was the color of mud. Smelled like it too. I looked at Mistress who was already drinking hers. 'Well bottoms up' It was thick, cold and gross. When I finished. I looked up and Rastlin's hand was coming towards me covered in the Black mist. I flinched and tried to move out of the way, but his hand landed on my head. I looked up in confusion. He was touching Mistress's head too. Then i felt a tingling sensation.

'Thats not so bad' i think. I'm assaulted by a searing pain around my neck. I cry out and try and grab my neck, but the Collar is in the way. It feels like something is being burned into me. It lasts for about a minute then Rastlin lets go of my head.[Ding] [You are now the slave of Kira Chrysos!] 'Wonderful' 

"Lets see how it came out." Rastlin grumbles. I look at him as hes fishing something out of his robes. He squats down. I can hear complaining to himself that im too small and cussing some obscenities at me. He reaches towards me and i can see he is holding something, but not what. His hands reaches my neck then i hear a (Click). When he pulls his hands back he is holding my Collar. 'Well shit. i was just trying to do that' I can feel a smile creep up on my face. Rastlin frowns at me. He is looking at my neck.

"Its as I expected." He seems to be saying this to Mistress in a berating tone."You will have to wait until we get to the capitial." He continues. 'Wait for what?' He then puts my Collar back around my neck. (Click) 'Fuck.' When he takes his hand back I can see a rectangular piece of metal in his hand with strange markings on it. 

"Let me see yours." Rastlin grunts standing back up. I look at Mistress and she is unclasping the bracer from her right arm. She then pulls back her sleeve and i see a glyph on the inside of her wrist. Its a faded black almost gray like when you get old and the once rich black of your tattoo bleeds away. I hear Mistress sigh then she looks at me. 

"Yup". Rastlin says then walks away to another table. Mistress starts to put her bracer back on. 

"This means that you are mine. No matter where you are, I will know where and find you." Mistress states in a way leaving no room for doubt. She raises her eyebrow.

"Y-yes, M-mistress" I stutter. "That's a good thing, Mistress." I figure I should start to suck up to her a little bit. She gives me a big smile.

"Come we have more to do." She walked past me leaving the wagon. I look over at Rastlin and he isn't paying attention to us any longer. I hurry after her. I wonder what else this day will bring. 

 

27