Prologue
468 5 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rain can have a cleansing effect on the world. But unfortunately, it can also have a detrimental effect on someone's peace of mind. 

Derek stood atop this multi-story apartment building and realized just how tired he was. This was no mere fatigue of the body, but the exhaustion that stemmed from a short life filled with constant pain and heartache. 

Without care he leaned over the edge. Cool night air kissed his face as he breathed in deeply. Absently, he wondered if he would actually feel the impact from a fall from this height and what was keeping him from taking that final step and answering that question conclusively. 

He looked around and picked up a piece of loose slate and threw it over the edge. Do I actually have the guts to end it all? He thought absently as he watched the small piece of slate impact on the ground below.

He shook his head. Just looking at the way the slate broke into pieces let him know that at the very least, jumping to his death wasn't the way he wanted to go out. Simply glancing at the distance between himself and the ground made him want to vomit.

Resigned to at least living one more day in his own personal hell Derek turned to leave the roof. Unfortunately for him, it had recently rained and said roof was very slippery. Lost in his own thoughts he wasn't paying close  attention to his surroundings. As soon as his back was facing the edge of the roof his heel slipped and he found himself falling to his death.

Well fuck!

10