Within the city: 4
20 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“...”

Hush did not speak. It was not because it was lizardfolk’s way, rather it was the lone individual.

A tongue flicked out of Hush’s mouth.

Hush did not speak, and therefore no one knew their name. Thus, in the community, Hush was aptly named Hush.

For now, the silent warrior wandered, whether out of enjoyment, curiosity, impatience, or otherwise, you would not hear the answer come from their mouth.

Cragg’ulan quickly handed over the papers.

It’s not like he worried for them, but rather it was the smell of alcohol was stronger. And one of the only things you were highly unlikely to find in a forest is a good brew. The scent this one gives off is quite weak, but you wouldn’t hear him complaining.

Impatiently, he stood on his tiptoes, looking over the sea of people.

He has to admit, he has a weak spot for vantage points, especially ones with a good view.

“And what is the name of your group?”

“Ah, it’s greensomething.”

The receptionist lady was right about to write another check mark when she paused.

“Greensomething?”

“Yep, we’re the greensomethings.”

“...Greenscale?”

“Oh yes, that one.”

“Uh huh.” She looked back at her papers, “And you are a party of how many?”

“Two.”

She raised her head a bit, searching to either side of him, before frowning and shoving her glasses to the very bridgest of her nose, giving him ‘that look’.

“Uuuuuh huuuuuh.” she sighed as he sent out a puff of smoke and nodded.

“And what does your partner look like?”

“Big, heavy, lotsa steel, scaly, and… did I say big?”

She looked down at the paper, noting how that resembled the description of the two the guard met. She was forced to rub her temples at the unnecessary trouble he gave her, along with a headache, another gift from the half-orc.

“And your occupa-”

“HEROES!” Cragg’ulan boomed while also making a strange pose that looked like it would fit a statue more than a person before getting closer to her ear to whisper, “and bounty hunting on the side.”

Her face was blank.

“Uh. Huh.”

She grit her teeth before releasing them.

“Aaaaalright. Here are your papers, meet at the bell when it strikes.”

Taking the sheets, he gave a little bow, the smog of his briar wafting into the sky, before turning around to head back down the excessive amount of stairs.

“Now, where did that scaled rabscallion head off to?”

1